Your shot of the YEAR, 2015 edition

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Well we are one month from the end of 2015, so hopefully people have had several shots that are shot of the year worthy. But a shot of the year is just that, ONE SHOT that is your best of the year. That is what this thread is for, to post your single best shot of 2015.

Remember this is SHOT of the year, not hole of the year. Just the one single shot that was better than any other shot you made in 2015. I think the only stipulation would be that it was done in an actual round, not in a contest: putting or some other kind of non-round event. Practice rounds definitely count.

Make a post of your shot of the year. You can set up the situation for us, so we know what is leading up to it. You can only have ONE shot of the year, so if you replace your shot of the year with another shot, don't delete your original, just use the strikeout tag and put a line through that post and create a new post! Banter is OK, but only one official shot per person. Remember, this is best shot of the year, not best shot or hole of a round. A shot doesn't have to find the bottom of the cup for it to be your best shot!

It doesn't matter what your score is on the hole, unless it matters to you. It could be a 50 yard hole out for a double bogey for all we care. That was still an awesome shot! It can be a drive, a putt, a wedge or whatever. The only requirement is that you think it is your shot of the year and it happened in an actual round. You don't have to complete the round necessarily, but it can't be in some kind of contest.

Here's mine:

Looking back on the Best Shot of the Round thread for this year (http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?67287-The-best-shot-of-the-round), I only had 11 entries! Pretty bad year when six of those entries were putts! Hope to get out at least a couple more times before the end of the year and maybe something better will happen!

My pick from those I had posted is from July 27 on hole #3 at Painted Hills. After an ugly tee shot on the par three, I chipped in for birdie from 20 yards (was short and right of the green). Had a good idea it was going in when it landed right where I was aiming for. Picked a landing spot right on the upslope to the green and nailed it.

Playing Aberdeen Golf Club in my weekly league. I just got my M1 driver earlier in the day and this was my first time playing with it. On hole 2 I usually hit it about 290 and either wind up in the water in front of the green if I push it or just to the right of the water. Well this time I just crushed my drive - 343 yards landing on the green. Fortunately the guys putting didn't mind. I landed the ball 7 feet from the cup for an easy Eagle.
977b48686ef7bc6eab77a41f105e86f1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has to be this shot I hit last Friday. 120 yard par 3 over water. Hit a GW to within 2 inches of a HIO. As is shown in the picture, I actually backed the ball up about 3 feet. I typically don't put that much spin on the ball.

46c6a3900c47a8b787c9d7802f725fad.jpg

Holeing out from 170 out for birdie at Wentworth CC while playing with THPers

Hole out for Eagle from 115 during a Vancouver Golf Tour tournament. Was especially cool because I was playing with guys 1 division above me.

Landed beyond the hole and spun back in....just like on TV!!

Mine is a bit silly.

Shot of the year for me, was my first drive in MSP, at my very first time out with THP'ers. Teeing off with JB, Hawk, and Howzat with the Knuth High Heat. THP'ers all around watching, no pressure at all.

Probably the best drive I hit that entire day. Ended up making par, and it was a great start to probably the most incredible golf day I have ever experienced.

Sorry. Changing mine - par 3 down at Disney in the Bridgestone Invitational. I hit a 52 dog wedge off the tee and The ball hit the edge of the cup, landing just a few inches away. It was cool because A bunch of THPers were there to witness it.
48739fe6e81aace9eee7b79cb4672027.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I only have one and would have to be one of my earliest rounds of golf at the start of the year.

Started my drive too far to the right on the 18th at Moore Park GC and was off the fairway with trees immediately in front of my ball and a bunker beyond the trees and between the flag (classic short side). With not a lot of idea and nothing to lose I pulled out a lob wedge and pictured my shot clearing the trees in front and the bunker and finding the heart of the green. I hit it sweet and my vision came to life as I lost it over the top of the trees... I'd pitched just short of the green and rolled on to leave it within 5'.

I ended up 3 putting (of course) leaving the group ahead of me looking back somewhat blank.

ak8tKVL.png

Welcome to golf!

My brother and I were playing in a scramble tournament in our hometown and both hit crappy shots to a 145 yard par 3. We took my shot which was about 15 yards short of the green. The hole was at the front of the green which added a little difficulty. My brother's head was not in the round up to that point and he bladed his chip over the green and instantly blew a gasket. I was able to 1 hop my chip in the hole for bird and it completely changed the momentum. We were able to keep it up and won the tournament.

Was a recovery on a par 5 after a very long but left drive went into the trees. Almost sideways a low 5iron under branches and heavy in-to-out swing to over-draw or basically hook it down the fairway and to the apron. Normally would have just punched out but was playing good irons and felt like I could make the shot. Turned out to be a beauty and saved the hole. The shot stood out in my mind so well that I cannot remember if I pared or birdied the hole.
hominy%205_zps2l1vo0pv.jpg

Par 3 playing about 175-180. Put it just past pin high and just to the right in the rough around the green. The green was sloping down pretty hard and I had to hit a short chip about 5 yards to the right spot on the green to have it roll down breaking right to left towards the hole. Hit the chip perfectly, hit the exact spot I was looking for, and it rolled down right on line breaking straight into the cup for birdie.

Best part...I had taken the pin out when walking up and seeing what I was working with. Was fully confident in getting it close and executed it perfectly.

That one felt good.

Holed out for eagle from 135 on a par 4 which was actually a better shot than my first ever HIO from 105 yards. I was pretty thrilled with both.

Hit a low screaming 235yd 3H, that skipped off the water, once on the mound leading up to the green, then to about 10 feet, followed by a sunk putt for my first eagle.

I always have a tough time ranking my shots, as I rarely hole out or stick it close to the pin. Just a lot of good chips, putts and drives I can think of, as well as some great iron shots. Probably the best selection of shots in a season for me to date.

After thinking about it for a bit, I'll go with my tee shot at the Eleventh at Glen Mills. It's the number 1 handicapped hole and the fairway is the most narrow on the course, with a hillside and deep rough along the right, where hitting your ball basically means it will be lost, and a creek running along the left. No one really hits driver off the tee because it's only 350 yards and the fairway is much wider at the 125-150 yard mark. After that point, it bottlenecks considerably to the green, about 15 yards or so wide.

I was playing with a course rater and two other guys, all of whom hit something less than driver off the tee. I felt confident though that I could hit my driver straight enough to hit the fairway and have a nice wedge shot in, so decided to go for it. The shot came off just like I wanted and rolled to just under 275 yards, which is a longer drive for me. In complete disclosure, the tee is elevated from the fairway and there was a good amount of roll, but being able to hit my driver with that much accuracy and execution in front of others was a lot of fun.

Hopefully I haven't hit mine yet

No Eagles this year so far, but came close. Short par 5 at my home course, and I hit left of green with my second. Crazy scary 3rd shot. I'm way above green level with a green that slopes away toward water. Take my 58 PM Grind and hit a pro level flop that landed right where I wanted it to on top of a slope. It trickles down the hill and turns at the last second and finishes 1 inch right of the hole. Shocked I pulled that off. Give me 100 balls from there and I might hit it that good twice.

My best shot of the year came at this years gauntlet. It was the 17th hole of an extremely tight match with Philly v and myself vs cbaker and mward. I was about 117 yards out and I took my new MD3 56* wedge I got and stuck it to about 4 ft. Almost dunked it on the fly. We really needed to tuck one in close and I hit the shot of the year that day. Brings back awesome memories just talking about it.

My best shot of the year came at this years gauntlet. It was the 17th hole of an extremely tight match with Philly v and myself vs cbaker and mward. I was about 117 yards out and I took my new MD3 56* wedge I got and stuck it to about 4 ft. Almost dunked it on the fly. We really needed to tuck one in close and I hit the shot of the year that day. Brings back awesome memories just talking about it.

Makes me smile just thinking about it

No eagles this year, but the iron game has been solid. Won $170 in greenies (Closest to pin) this past season.

JM

Pretty easy: holing a chip shot during a chip-off during the playoff portion of the Member-Guest tournament at my dad's club to make our team advance in the playoff.

Going with my shot from last week while playing Mill Creek with amsmith61, Six4three5 and Mad dog701. Hole #2, a shorter par 5...after a fair tee shot I had about 200 yards left from the left rough. It was a blind shot that had to carry 2 traps. I decided to play a 6 iron. When I hit it I knew I struck it well, Jimmy said it jumped off the clubface. All 4 of us hit good shots and no one new whose was closest til we checked the balls. Low and behold it was me at about 8-10'. Missed the eagle putt but the approach shot was one of my best ever.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

First round for The Legacy at True Blue and my first time on the front 9 I pulled my drive into the pond on the left hand side of number 4. I proceeded to drop the ball on the beach where it last crossed. I was left with 220 to the green and hit my 3 hybrid off the beach to just off the right hand side of the green. The best part is when I get to the whole there is JB, Mike, and I think Ricky standing behind the green. They ask did my ball stay up or did I drop it. I told them I took the drop and JB goes that is a hell of a shot, you realize that you could have dropped back in the grass. I did not realize but hey if had dropped in the grass it would not be my shot of the year.

Honorable mention also in Legacy is when I made a long curling par putt on number 12 to come back and win the hole and to go up in my single match on Sunday. Had some teammates and captains standing on the green when the ball fell.

Honorable mention: The par 3 tee shots from the last two rounds that set up birdies of 6 feet or less

I can't remember anything special from my two PB rounds of the year so the best shots of the year were from Sunday at The Gauntlet: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...-2015-Gauntlet-Recap-amp-Review-Thread/page10

Ineligible shot #1: Hitting a lefty 6i at TopGolf..and then Ethan encouraging me to do it again

Ineligible shot #2: Malort (because I didn't do it!)

Fourth place: 7i to the middle of the green on Dubsdread #18 (water short and left of the green) while knowing that another birdie gets me 80...on Dubsdread. I was hopped up on adrenaline from my putt on #17 (see below) and executed the shot that I had planned. If it had gone farther with the adrenaline, I would have been in an even better position for birdie. And JRodCG was fishing in the lake when we pulled up to our tee shots!

Third place: 12 ft downhill birdie putt on Dubs #9 to get our first full point of the day and end the front nine down 6.5-2.5

Second place: 45-50 foot birdie putt on Dubs #17 (I just hit it and it followed the slope of the green and went in)

First place: 40ish foot birdie putt on Dubs #12

beaker%20shock_zpswimbgqi4.png

I've said it before, but the ZooCrew was amazing in Chicago and Captain Rhi gets all the credit for being totally awesome during our round on Sunday.

At the NorCal vs SoCal event I managed to get my second ever eagle. 17th hole, long par 5 and I thought I lost my drive OB cutting the dogleg, found it and hit 5w short of the green. Best shot was a 58 MD2 from 30 yards that landed soft and trickled in.

Back