I've been working 6-7 days a week, and don't get home til after dark. I take care of my yard right now. But I'm seriously considering hiring a landscaper very soon so I'm not spending my rare day off doing the yard like I am today.20200322_113453.jpg

I cut and maintain all of my yard. It is probably my favorite hobby in the world. As far as chemicals go, I let a local company handle all of that. I used to do it myself, but I spending triple the money and driving myself crazy.

3592C8E5-78FD-47B4-A9CE-BD289421D35A.jpegA74F4B8D-C3FB-40FD-9FB8-FCE1D38E9363.jpeg

I do my own yard. The biggest beating is edging. Mowing and weedwacking is easy. After having herniated disks in my lower back, I am looking into a more powerful edger. I use a Ryobi that has interchangable lower units (weedeater, edger, bushwacker, etc.). But, the edger is not really up to the task. I may price a gas edger to compare against $25 a week to get someone else to do the yard every week.

I used to use a edger because i want that Crisp edge on my yard. I have gone totally electric with eGO products and the wed eater with the carbon fibre shaft is awesome. Light weight and the self wind for the string is the best i have ever seen. They were expensive but for what i paid to have it done years a go and bitching because i was always calling them back k because of things they mossed, the ROI was paid in months

Last edited:
We just moved 10 months ago and the guy who lived here before had the thickest grass I’ve ever seen! I mow every 4 days or I need to raise the blades! 😖 Ripped out 7 shrubs over the weekend, so I am sore and now I need mulch! My request to replace all shrubs with boulders and mulch with stone was denied by the wife.

We have someone that cuts the grass, but wife and I do the rest of the landscaping. This was the start of our big spring project, mulching and cleaning up around the viburnum and dragon lady. Hoping to do some pitching/chipping back here this week!
BF2AE640-0E2E-42F2-B92D-5271CB985FC3.jpeg

best weed and feed products? how long for action against existing dandelions?

I mow my yard... or my son does it. It doesn't need it right now but will by the weekend since it rained the past 2 days... it's a mix of Zoysia, centipede, St Augustine, rye, and whatever else I've thrown on it over the years... it's slowly expanding into areas I want it to so it looks less like a wasteland... it's only taken it 10 years.:rolleyes:

Front;

5 30 17 Gazing Ball.jpg

Back;

6 20 17 putting green.jpg

8 29 17 crape myrtle b.jpg

I cut the grass (mow the yard) personally, and am happy to. We have a rider, it's a relatively large lot from Suburban standards.

I loathe actual garden work... I do it, mostly just kill everything, but would prefer to never do it again.

Wife and I split the yard work. There’s a decent amount to do with a greenhouse, garden, flower beds and lawn. We’re on 3 acres but it’s not all landscaped since we want to maintain some natural terrain. Lawn takes just shy of 3 hours on a ride on mower.

I really need to get into my backyard and clean it up. Ugh. I hate it

We finally got the lawn in shape, took some work. The river-rock also shows some, as I previously mentioned it was 26 tons. The work all done by ourselves. It was AWFUL.

The one pic by the putting green/fireplace shows the contrast between the neglected portion on the left and the maintained lawn.

7fc97b607d8fd314037b42ab23cd8eab.jpg
2db218bdfd6d32abf4214255777c8996.jpg
1117867b4a53b9e226d2f6d2dc4d761a.jpg
711b45410dc09328e49f391d89c60525.jpg

Love cutting the grass and taking care of the yard! One of my favorite, most satisfying things to do. I have 4 different mow patterns that I rotate and am very meticulous with my straight lines. We moved in last year and the yard was in bad shape so it has been a fun project bringing it back to life. I have a few fertilizing treatments down and plan to aerate and overseed this fall. Pumped to see the result next spring.

I’ve only got about a 1/4 acre lot so I take care of it with a self-propelled mower and a weed trimmer. I just picked up my annual fertilizer program, so I’m ready to go. I’ll need to aerate the lawn this Fall, I’m not sure if I’ll rent that equipment or have someone in to do it.

I am planning on aerating for the first time ever, and I think I am gonna give it a go and rent the equipment and see what happens! Fun learning this fall.

I am planning on aerating for the first time ever, and I think I am gonna give it a go and rent the equipment and see what happens! Fun learning this fall.
I’ll have to stay tuned! My wife makes fun of me for how much time I’ve spent working on the yard, but I think it’s helping keep me sane right now.

Nope. Hire it out. Dont have the time or patience. We did some landscape work earlier this year and I got one of our bobcats and trailers and transferred a Bismark palm from another property. That was the extent of my help. Let the Pro's handle everything else.

6D8B230F-9B59-4B86-AF1D-48C7AA23A1D2.jpeg722D422D-7215-4CF3-AE64-9536792CA7B6.jpeg9676B9C2-2485-43F9-9AB4-7CF6E7AFDAD9.jpegE0073CC6-939A-4088-A05E-B47E71D19022.jpeg37255593-DF2E-4E0D-8D26-0FECCC923BC4.jpeg

I’ll have to stay tuned! My wife makes fun of me for how much time I’ve spent working on the yard, but I think it’s helping keep me sane right now.

Same here, she thinks I am losing it. Haha, it is a fun thing to do and I take a lot of pride in it.

15 minutes ago, she says, "what were you watching on youtube?" I go: "Uhm, how to get a perfect lawn videos"

Her reaction...👇

I mow and weedeat all 10 acres :oops:

So many nice yards posted. Nice work everyone.

This last month has allowed me to do work in the yard I've been wanting to do since we bought the place in '04. The spruce and pine trees are now pruned to the point where I can now walk or drive the riding mower beneath them. In addition, I removed some gooseberry shrubs and some dying trees. It's really opened up the property. I like the look. I have just a couple more to do.

Now for the lawn....

It's terrible. I put Weed n Feed down a couple times per year, and while there are areas where the lawn grows pretty well, much of it is in rough shape. My tester indicates a slightly alkaline soil at just over 7. But I don't know how accurate that is. Everyone tells me I likely have an acidic soil because of the types of trees. I'll re-test using distilled water or maybe send a sample in to the experts before addressing the pH.

I just purchased a tow-behind plug aerator and a dethatcher. But I think fertility and pH are the main issue. I'm going to try using Malorganite this year instead of Weed n Feed this year. If I get the soil where it needs to be, I'll consider over-seeding in the fall.

Re Your Yard

Hates me right now. I’ve been working a ton of extra hours, and while I can’t say I truly haven’t had the time to tackle it, the one day I could have I went and played 27, lol. The other days I could have at least tackled some of it I chose to binge watch Netflix or Marvel movies on Disney + instead.

Tonight or tomorrow. I will take it on for the property values of the neighborhood.

Fertilizer is down and cleanupnis going well... Looking full and weeds are starting to die. Edged and lined up the front.

Backyard is a pain. Tons of shade and moss...any suggestions?

Love cutting the grass and taking care of the yard! One of my favorite, most satisfying things to do. I have 4 different mow patterns that I rotate and am very meticulous with my straight lines. We moved in last year and the yard was in bad shape so it has been a fun project bringing it back to life. I have a few fertilizing treatments down and plan to aerate and overseed this fall. Pumped to see the result next spring.
Dude, let me know if you have questions in the overseed. Did one last year and I have some tips and tricks!

Dude, let me know if you have questions in the overseed. Did one last year and I have some tips and tricks!

An executive lawn board meeting is in order then. I don't wanna mess this up!

Back