Michigan hackers, check in here

First things first, idk if I will be able to make it this year in October, I actually believe I'll be heading back to Chicago area for work again here soon. But I will see when it gets closer.

As to your first question. I believe any of those places are nice. Out of those listed I'd rank them as Holland, Grand Haven, South Haven. Holland has lots of rentals within walking distance of the beach along Ottawa Beach Rd. Another town to think about is Saugatuck, it can be pricey but it is a nice little town and that's where my Mother in Law takes all of her guests because she loves it so much. Another place that people go is Ludington area. Personally I haven't spent any time up there but I know lots of people that do and they are always talking positive about it. Also look at Benton Harbor, at first glance the town seems kinda run down but ever since the Senior PGA Championship was played there the downtown area has really been revitalized, and it's pretty close to drive home. And finally if you are willing to make the drive my favorite summer destination is Petosky. Lots of golf, beautiful views, the weather is normally on the cooler side. Plenty of shops. Maybe an hour from Traverse City which is another great town for shops and what not, but I find TC a little to touristy.

Hope it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, I will check those places out as well! Local knowledge is a big help. We will work on the oct thing when it gets closer, just wanted to plant a seed!

I'll meet you at Arcadia bluffs!

I will hold you to that! Thought about Forest Dunes as an option as well, but that's even more driving from GR.

Keep me posted on the october thing, If I can swing it I will.

But can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!

Keep me posted on the october thing, If I can swing it I will.

But can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!

Yeah, I am excited to see you guys in MI. Ill be in touch Fri night to try to find you guys.

Michigan hackers, check in here

If you ever had thoughts about going to Arcadia Bluffs...
c495084c5048fb772fbfa0b5025a7f4f.jpg

00cc8bf712164881cd30b7ca72989cd2.jpg

125917a7927a3d82353d4abfc1fc7f8f.jpg

91b64042f2f8b36f93ca097de77278c4.jpg

Go! You won't be disappointed!
We played twilight rate yesterday, but full price would be 100% worth it!

Awesome!! Man that looks amazing. Wow.

How'd you play?

course looks awesome CJ.

I always wanted to play there. It looks gorgeous.

Have you played Forest Dunes CJ?? Or anyone who has played both..thoughts?

looks awesome CJ, glad you enjoyed it!

Haven't played either of them but have heard enough opinions and seen enough content/pictures to say that Arcadia is first solely based on scenery. Both fantastic designs in impeccable shape. When The Loop gets finished, that could change the game though!

Haven't played either of them but have heard enough opinions and seen enough content/pictures to say that Arcadia is first solely based on scenery. Both fantastic designs in impeccable shape. When The Loop gets finished, that could change the game though!

Having played neither, if someone where to ask my opinion my response would be the same...word for word. The Doak Loop looks like it could be special. Thanks!

And once it's finished PGG will be visiting to check it out. It looks like it's going to be pretty special.

And once it's finished PGG will be visiting to check it out. It looks like it's going to be pretty special.
Let us know when you are looking to go. I think we might be able to cross that off the list and visit a few Mines and eat quesadillas.

Let us know when you are looking to go. I think we might be able to cross that off the list and visit a few Mines and eat quesadillas.

You are definitely speaking my language!

Imagine if you will....

Early morning tee time at Forest Dunes....
Finishing late morning with that round,
Have lunch.
Get in the car and drive (about 1.5-2hr)
Arrive at Arcadia Bluffs
Play.
Grab an awesome sunset.
Relish in your day you just had.

You just played 2 of the top courses in the United States in one day!

Imagine if you will....

Have lunch.
Arrive at Arcadia Bluffs
Play.
Grab an awesome sunset.

That sir, would be a legendary day and you can count on it happening!

Imagine if you will....

Have lunch.
Arrive at Arcadia Bluffs
Play.
Grab an awesome sunset.

That is one hell of day trip!

CJ I had a great time yesterday at Arcadia. That was Awesome!!! Best course I have ever played!!! As we were saying all day long (another picture moment).
We missed having you and Drew today at Boyne. There were some great holes at the courses we played today, but after playing at Arcadia yesterday it was a let down because it paled in comparison.

CJ I had a great time yesterday at Arcadia. That was Awesome!!! Best course I have ever played!!! As we were saying all day long (another picture moment).
We missed having you and Drew today at Boyne. There were some great holes at the courses we played today, but after playing at Arcadia yesterday it was a let down because it paled in comparison.

If you're playing tomorrow may I suggest Black Forest west of Gaylord? I really like that course and the long cart ride to the first tee. (You rarely see another golf hole on that course).

Had a wonderful time yesterday, but get to pay the price today... (Long day at work) that hole (17) and my mountaineering took a lot out of me!!

I thought you were a mountain climber, climbing up the side of that Bluff on 17.

We aren't playing tomorrow

I have played both. Arcadia is one of the best courses in the country. Forest Dunes is up there but it was not quite as good. Probably because courses like it can be found a lot of places but courses like Arcadia not so. Both are great designs and very playable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back