bryanys

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey everyone, happy Monday, I hope everyone is doing well. Outside of my coach and regular playing partners, I respect and take into consideration the opinions of you guys here on THP. Thanks for always being honest and direct whenever I post a new topic. I sincerely appreciate all of you, who take the time to answer my questions.

So, my questions today, is to ask about what type of grips do you like? Do you have specific grips for specific clubs? For instance, I use the Golf Pride CP2 pros on my driver, 3 wood, and hybrid. I use The Taylormade Tour Preferred embroidered grips on my 3-PW, Lamkin R.E.L. Ace grips on my wedges, and finally a Superstroke Midslim 2.0 on my putter. Do you guys mix up the grips too? Or do you have it pretty uniform throughout your set?

Which grips do you like and why? The more extensive, detailed reasons are thanked in advance. Hope everyone is well!! Have a great week!!

Golf grips

My favorite grips right now are the Lamkin UTx's. Perfect for every whether condition and after a few uses work in great to your hands. I also like the REL 3 gens, crosslines, and crossline full cords.

As for different grips throughout my clubs; I like to have the same grip on everything except the putter. IMO I think a uniform feel across everything is a key start to maintaining a consistent swing. Plus I think it looks better.

Only thing I will change up is colors if that's an option. One color for woods, one for irons, and one for wedges. If not I'll go uniform throughout

cbaker, thanks bud. Honestly, I never had uniform grips throughout the set, but what you said makes absolute sense. Thanks again!! Couldn't tell you why I do different grips lol

I just regripped my Srixon Z545 irons with GP MCC +4 grips and I'm loving them. Very comfortatble. I felt the OEM Lamkin UTx grips were too thin in feel. I have them laying around and will probably sell them. I have originals on my wedges, driver and hybrid. Putter is SS 2.0. I'm not uniform, but like cbaker's idea of changing colors for wedges, irons and woods. When it's time to re-grip that may the route I take.

I like all my grips to match. I'm using the stock Callaway diamond blue cap grip that came on my XR clubs.

GP MCC4+ on everything down to wedges. I prefer the longer Lamkin Crossline Performance Plus 3Gen grips on those, but they are hard to find. Then a SS UltraSlim 1.0 on the putter.

I currently have a combination of Lamkin UTx (iron set and hybrid), Golf Pride full cord (driver and fairways) and Golf Pride NDMC (wedges). Main reason I did not go all Lamkin UTx on my woods and wedges to match the stock grips on my iron set was because I really didn't care for the multi colored grips that were their only options at the time. One common theme though is that all grips are red. Will go UTx from top to bottom for next regrip as they now make solid red UTx.

Moved over to the grips section.
I use Lamkin UTx.

Lamkin UTx are my current grips. I like the Rel3 and also the ndmc from gp.

GolfPride New Decade Multi Compound on every club (variety of color combos to match shafts). SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0 on the putter

dabbled in the superstroke club grips on a couple of clubs early this season but reverted back to the NDMC

I like to use the cheaper, basic grips, i.e. Lamkin Crossline or GP Tour Velvet. I currently have the GP TV mostly because I used a pro shop credit to get them, and they didn't have the Crossline at the time. I like to have fresh grips and when I played a bunch, I would change them often so they were fresh. I would buy cheaper in bulk and change them as needed. One year I tried out a bunch of different styles and felt that for me, the more premium grips didn't do much for me so I saw no need to pay for them. I'd rather be able to change them twice for the same money as one set of others. That said, I still have three different styles on my clubs right now due to some old ones I still had when I made a change this year. I can use anything, just don't see the need to pay for them.

On the other points, I don't mind colors and before this last change I had 4 different colors going. I do have one discontinued grip that I love that use for my driver, so that one is different than the other clubs. I think I still have 3-4 left of those, and they only go on the driver.

Was pondering this exact post on the way into work today. Currently mis matched but that will change soon. Just not sure to what though. The UTX gets a lot of love and I need something for humid weather here in Alabama.

All my grips match. Winn Dri-Tac Mid Size.
They don't last long, but I change my own and keep cost reasonable.
I Re-Grip each club as needed.
I don't ever use a glove. No need for one with the Dri-Tac's.

iLines for me and won't be switching anytime soon. Love them

I have i-line on my clubs now and I really like them! Tacky with a nice feel that isn't rough. I do also love UTx, mostly for their absorbency, but they're rougher and have a lot more surface texture than i-lines. Both are top choices for me in the heat and high humidity

I have the UTx grips on my irons, wrap tec on my driver and hybrids and the stock m31 on my wedges. Everything is getting changed over to the wrap tec's. I just love that grip.

Another Lamkin UTx user here, midsize though. Like someone else, I felt that the standard size was a bit thin-feeling. Midsize is perfect.

I'm using the blue/red on woods and irons, and the solid red on wedges. The blue/red has more surface texture while the solid red is tackier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I keep my grips consistent through all clubs.

In my opinion, the three best grips I've used are Lamkin UTx, GP NDMC, and Lamkin rel ace 3gen.

The UTx grips are fantastic in humid and wet conditions. Gripping power for a lifetime. The GP NDMC feel a touch more solid, and by that I mean, they don't feel like they twist at all through the golf swing (that said, I've never noticed the UTx twist in the golf swing, its just a bit softer of a grip). The rel ace 3 gen are by far the best feeling grip I have ever used. Soft, tacky, you can wipe them down with a clean towel between shots to restore some tack. However, I didn't think they performed as well in humid conditions as the other two.

EDIT: I also use Lamkin Gripes. Where grip cleaning used to be a chore with a toothbrush and dishsoap, the Gripes are much quicker, and do a better job. I no longer dread the monthly grip cleaning.

~Rock

I use NDMCs (standard, +2 wraps) throughout the bag. I loved them when I first put them on a few years ago - never a worry about slipping in my left hand, and decent feel in the right hand. I like consistency throughout the bag, which is why everything is NDMC.

That said, I'm getting the itch to try something just a touch softer. Really curious about the Superstrokes.

Have liked the new decade MCs in midsize for 2 seasons now. With the gold, rainy, humid weather in the northeast they are great performers.

As for putter, Flatso 2.0!

Lamkin UTX on all of my woods, irons and wedges. I've been using UTX for 2 seasons now, previously coming from Lamkin crossline corded.
For my putter I've went back to a superstroke flatso ultra 1.0. I've tried other superstrokes (1.0 ultraslim and 2.0) as well as the Garson Ultimate, but ultimately the flatso 1.0 worked best for me.

Thanks JB!! Always good to read what you have to say!! Good to hear from ya buddy

I played this morning here in Socal and hit my buddy's Aeroburner with the Iomic grip. Pretty nice I must admit. If I do uniform grips throughout, I'll most likely go Gen 3 or Iomic. Anyone use Iomic in their sets?

I am using the Lamkin I Lines , Co designed with Iomic. They are probably the softest feeling grips I have used without the strange feel. It's soft yet not too soft. Coming from Winn grips these are much more conformable and a better buy

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I played this morning here in Socal and hit my buddy's Aeroburner with the Iomic grip. Pretty nice I must admit. If I do uniform grips throughout, I'll most likely go Gen 3 or Iomic. Anyone use Iomic in their sets?

Iomic Sticky 2.3 are the best grip in the world IMO. Just put one on my driver and if finances allow I would like to put them on every club. I go ribbed on any club that I don't need to open up the face on and then round on my wedges.

Back