Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go back Toad, hahaha you need to hit wedges
I hit a MD3 56, and that was all kinds of weird. The thing went straight up every time I hit it. I also played around with a 64 PM grind and was flat beating the area around the flag to death that was about 60 out.

I hit a MD3 56, and that was all kinds of weird. The thing went straight up every time I hit it. I also played around with a 64 PM grind and was flat beating the area around the flag to death that was about 60 out.

How was the MD3 compared to the PM grind you game?

I'm contemplating adding a 3 wood to game on certain courses. My initial thought was to go with the Bridgestone J15 3w to match my set but everytime I hit my buddy's 913 3w I really hit it well. Will look into other options as well but those are my top two choices right now.

Dont sleep on the new bertha offerings this year.

ASN,

It seems like it was really weighted at the sole to get the ball up, which I have NO trouble doing. Seriously, I was hitting the 56 as straight up as my 60 PM. I put it back in my stance and tried sort of a punch but it still flew. Personally, I'd have to really get used to that and probably have to re-work all my lofts to figure out where I would need to be. I need something right in the 100-110 range for my gapping and based on that one wedge's ball flight, I'd have to hit like a 52, which is super OK if it had that towering ball flight. #NoRoll

Hit the PM wedge, the XR Driver and the Big Bertha Irons with a Recoil regular graphite shaft and I want them all.

Pondering taking my 4 hybrid, 6 iron , and 8 iron out of the bag. Go Driver/5deep/4i/5i/7i/9i/pw/aw/56*

I use them sparingly (maybe once a round), but I can just as easily get around without them.... and with my junk swing everything is going the exact same distance anyways.

ASN,

It seems like it was really weighted at the sole to get the ball up, which I have NO trouble doing. Seriously, I was hitting the 56 as straight up as my 60 PM. I put it back in my stance and tried sort of a punch but it still flew. Personally, I'd have to really get used to that and probably have to re-work all my lofts to figure out where I would need to be. I need something right in the 100-110 range for my gapping and based on that one wedge's ball flight, I'd have to hit like a 52, which is super OK if it had that towering ball flight. #NoRoll

Great feedback Toad. I'm going to have to give these a thorough testing as I could pick up one or two of these. 50 & 54*

Okay, I can get the XR driver for $139.00 shipped using my gift card. Hard ponder mode now.

Srixon 525 3 wood. Titleist D2 or D4. Titleist 915 5 wood. TaylorMade Aeroburner mini driver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Srixon 525 3 wood. Titleist D2 or D4. Titleist 915 5 wood. TaylorMade Aeroburner mini driver

Aero Mini is so freaking stellar sounding. I enjoyed it immensely, just wish I wouldn't have had the TP setup (fade).

If you are looking mini and thinking performance though, seriously look at the 1.5 Tim, both mini's are really damn good, but I think you'd enjoy how the 1.5 set up for you.

Of course, the Aero is getting CHEAP out there, its crazy how low the prices are falling.

Aero Mini is so freaking stellar sounding. I enjoyed it immensely, just wish I wouldn't have had the TP setup (fade).

If you are looking mini and thinking performance though, seriously look at the 1.5 Tim, both mini's are really damn good, but I think you'd enjoy how the 1.5 set up for you.

Of course, the Aero is getting CHEAP out there, its crazy how low the prices are falling.

I was thinking this. I was going to add on to the post haha

I need something off the tee on short par 4's when driver isn't an option. I've gone through (and still have) 4 different 5 woods in the basement haha

I need something off the tee on short par 4's when driver isn't an option. I've gone through (and still have) 4 different 5 woods in the basement haha

Thats exactly why I rock Mini 1.5 and Heavenwood. EXACTLY why.

I may have some gear going up in the for trade department soon....
You may have convinced me

Thinking new putter for my anniversary. Low Tide, custom Seemore or custom Scamron are on top of the list right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tour Edge e8 beta, either 15 or 16.5. Monster.

I will look into these my man. Thanks!

What is your loft set up with those? On my phone I don't get sigs

He's at 15 and 20.5 respectively. Heaven wood is not adjustable. I have one coming my way this week

Thanks my man again!

If someone would just buy my u45 already, I could then buy the heavenwood I've been watching on ebay

You're welcome! I can't wait to put that u45 in play this week....got a 27 hole outing friday and hope to use this off the tee all day!

Enjoy your new heavenwood!

You're welcome! I can't wait to put that u45 in play this week....got a 27 hole outing friday and hope to use this off the tee all day!

Enjoy your new heavenwood!
Loved this thing off the tee! If it fit my gap better off the deck I would have never gotten rid of it!

Come on, there's only one answer for you on this one.

712U.png

Come on, there's only one answer for you on this one.

712U.png

Oooh interesting. Then go back to hybrid after?

Oooh interesting. Then go back to hybrid after?

I forgot that you have the hybrid in the bag. It would take some mixing up, but maybe go 3 hybrid and then 21 degree with the driving iron? As far as you can hit it, you could just lay on a 21 degree driving iron and still get 210-220 out of it if the ball was low and chasing. Throw your PX 6.5 in there and go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back