Ian Poulter talks politics

TXGolfr

Foreputt
Reaction score
Yay! Let's add one more pampered professional athlete complaining. Ian Poulter the latest with his anti-gun rant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Pat said it about as well as it could be said.

He is welcome to play golf elsewhere if he doesn't like the US constitution.

It immediately led me to unfollow the pretentious douche, and gave me more of a reason to dislike him.

Oh good, I was curious to hear his political opinions...

I'm beginning to understand where the saying "Silence is golden" came from. Just be quiet Ian!!

Plus, unlike us, the celebs already have their own personal armed body guards.

Last edited:
I always enjoy when people who live between gated mansions offer their opinions, it just makes them so relatable

Plus, unlike us, the celebs already have their own personal armed body guards.

6a010535ce1cf6970c01bb08f25013970d-800wi

Dude, it was only a couple of good rounds that happened to be on TV. I am pretty sure your 15 minutes of fame were up a while ago.

Am I guessing everyone in this topic so far is a card carrying member of the NRA?

Am I guessing everyone in this topic so far is a card carrying member of the NRA?

Far from it.I hate guns. He has the right to speak out but his right is no more important than my right. His fame gives him no extra privilege. He should talk to his friend group,THP, his wife whoever just like I do.

Far from it.I hate guns. He has the right to speak out but his right is no more important than my right. His fame gives him no extra privilege. He should talk to his friend group,THP, his wife whoever just like I do.

Fair enough. I'm anti-gun as well. However shouldn't the anger be pointed to the media people who cover it? I can make the same statements on my own twitter page but nobody will read it because I'm nobody. If anything I see more people being slanted by the fact that they don't like the guy to begin with.

Poulter? We know the guy is a Ferrari Owning, Entitled SmartAss.

But alas, this thread is starting to remind me of Facebook, and I am leaving FB primarliy because I don't like divisiveness. Yes, I know, a lot of this is tongue in check -- that's probably the Secret Service protecting HRC with the existing guns laws on the books. And I don't like HRC.

As to the Constitution and guns? It is the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution, and in a controversial decision, the SCOTUS in the not so distant past (20 yr ago) decided to essentially delete the part about a "well regulated milita." You can thank Scalia, I am told. Even Conservatives are activists when it suits their needs. Maybe we need more clarity. And let's face it, the next war won't be decided by guns - it's bombers and nukes. Yes, I know, some fear the central and state governments .. who can blame them or us? But the Feds still have the firepower.

What did Jefferson, a founding father, say about this living constitution? Some think he wanted to put Amendments to a vote of the people.

Jefferson said that some moderate imperfections are best to leave as is, but the constitution must change with the times.

"other laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths disclosed, and manners and opinions change with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also, and keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy, as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors"

Many scholars use this as the basis for the suggestion that Jefferson believed in a "living constitution". But we need to read on. After Jefferson regurgitates his math to calculate the span of a generation, he asks the question. How can the constitution be amended. If left up to Congress, then a few would dictate the laws for an entire generation. Thus, Jefferson had a proposal." Put it to a vote.

It's not about guns, it's not about Ian Poulter. It's about entertainment is an awesome way to escape the troubles and stresses of everyday life, and now when we turn on ESPN or a football game, etc. we get exactly what it was we were seeking to escape.

For me, its not about guns, or Poulter. It is also not about CNN or Fox or ESPN telling me what I should think. I was expressing that debate can be simply be in our homes and between friends or right here with my long distance golf friends. I think we are becoming so brainwashed by people who don't know any more than I do. I am trying to turn down the noise and pray for common sense.

Maybe if the elitist jack wagon concentrated more on his golf game than the flavor du jour political diatribe he wouldn't almost be losing his tour card.

It's not about guns, it's not about Ian Poulter. It's about entertainment is an awesome way to escape the troubles and stresses of everyday life, and now when we turn on ESPN or a football game, etc. we get exactly what it was we were seeking to escape.

exactly, I totally agree....I'm getting tired of every athlete, actor, etc....feeling as if their status classifies them as the knower of all things and it entitles them to grant us their opinions. Just do what it is your getting paid for in the 1st place.

exactly, I totally agree....I'm getting tired of every athlete, actor, etc....feeling as if their status classifies them as the knower of all things and it entitles them to grant us their opinions. Just do what it is your getting paid for in the 1st place.

nYVdR3u.jpg

There's nothing wrong with athletes or celebrities voicing their opinions on social topics using social media. Now if it were a paid event for the PGA tour and he got up on a mike to talk about something like that it would be a different story.

If you don't want to hear their opinions don't follow them but to say they shouldn't voice their opinions at all just because people pay attention to what they say is just dumb

so do we take Pat Sajak seriously or

Ian Poulter talks politics

nYVdR3u.jpg

There's nothing wrong with athletes or celebrities voicing their opinions on social topics using social media. Now if it were a paid event for the PGA tour and he got up on a mike to talk about something like that it would be a different story.

If you don't want to hear their opinions don't follow them but to say they shouldn't voice their opinions at all just because people pay attention to what they say is just dumb

I kinda think you didn’t read my response/post entirely.. never said they weren’t able to give their opinion.. what I said (or was trying to come across saying) was the way in which it’s got out of hand and they are voicing it as if it’s bible and should be followed... everyone is entitled to their opinion that’s fine and share away, just don’t come across as if it’s fact.

And by the way I don’t have a twitter account or any other social media outlet other then this board and 1 other in a Hunting forum so I don’t follow any athlete

Very soon Ian's golf skills will decline and we will never have to hear from him again.

Back