Favorite Specialty Shot

Chutt....and there isn't a close 2nd

Low punch 6 iron off the tree, out of the trees. Little ricochet out onto the fairway. Sadly been necessary too many times!

I can usually hit a high controlled fade on command, but I enjoy hitting low knock down punch shots with my irons.

Seeing it live is just something else compared to hearing about it

Yeah, you saw a good one too. Around the tree, over the water and landing on the green. There are plenty of misses, but that was a hit.

When a well stuck knockdown flies under the wind and nestles up right next to the hole!

Please. They don't call me Fupy Floppy because I make pancakes.

A punch draw around/under trees and rolling it up on the green. Second would be the flop shot

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Straight through a tree without hitting it. Usually about 125 out or so. I have a knack for hitting it through exactly where it would normally bounce back at yea. I get a lot of practice with that sort of shot so I've gotten good at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When a bunch of us THP'ers played at Ravines two weeks ago, I hit a full three wood that ended up three feet behind me....Adam almost fell out of the cart laughing.

Knock down shank off the rear end of KellyBo :bulgy-eyes:

I spend enough time in the trees that I've started dedicating some time and energy during practice sessions to a little 5, 6 or 7 iron knockdown designed to keep the ball low and run it up the fairway. At this point I'm confident enough in that shot that I actually kinda enjoy it when I get to use it on the course.

Facing backwards when the ball is against a tree. I have done this shot for years and have gotten pretty good at it.
I even chipped one in from 25 yards a few years ago with it.

backhander.gif

a nice low punched 7 iron under low hanging branches anywhere from 75 yards to 125 yards

Skull 130 yds with my 60*.

Really, a long iron or my 4w cut around trees.

Love pulling off a good flop.

My instructor and I talked short game at my last lesson. At the end he was demonstrating a 1yd flop shot. He hit 4 or 5 that went about 2' high and about 1 yd.

Back