Outside of Spieth, who has emerged this year on tour?

mpeterson

Team THP for Life
Reaction score
Handicap
Clearly, the big story of 2015 is Jordan Spieth. But, who else do you think has stepped up this year on tour? One of the guys that comes to mind off the top of my head is Tony Finau. He's played very solid golf all year. Brooks Koepka is probably another one.

Who else do you think has stepped up and might be poised to make a big leap in the future?

Very quietly, Streb has had a very solid season.

Tony Finau
Rickie Fowler
Hard to not include Jason Day
Robert Streb
Lingmerth the Luchador too.

Other than the ones in the op, my initial thoughts are Streb and finally Jason Day has arrived.

Very quietly, Streb has had a very solid season.
100% agree. I'm biased because I played with him a couple times when he was a freshman in college, but he's been very good. I think second only to Speith in top 10s.

#6 in FedEx points.

Justin Thomas has had a strong first year.

My vote goes to Day. He seems like he's always in it. Fowler has had a good year too.

Streb is so damn sneaky. Didn't really notice but they showed he earned like 3.5 million this season so far. Dude has been doing well

Jason Day.........

Justin Thomas I believe will be a solid golfer

He was somewhat known to golf nerds because of his European Tour performance last year, but I'd put Brooks Koepka up there in his first full year on the PGA Tour.

Cant forget Danny Lee either.

I wouldn't say he emerged but Jason Day got over the hump. Hell given what he went through physically he has to be brimming with confidence.

Tony Finau
Rickie Fowler
Hard to not include Jason Day
Robert Streb
Lingmerth the Luchador too.
This ^^^^^^ and Brooks Kepka

Would have to go with Tony Finau as of late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As Evok said, "sneaky" is definitely the term to describe Streb. I hadn't thought of him at all while writing up this post.

Lots of good names mentioned already. I would add Kevin Kisner

This ^^^^^^ and Brooks Kepka

This is what I'm thinking. I bet he wins a major in the next few years.

Lots of good young American talent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finau, Fowler, Day for me

Finau and Day for me.

Lingmerth, Danny Lee, and Finau. They all have both been fun to follow this year.

Last edited:
Tony finau.

Fowler, Day and Finau

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Back