Nike Lunar Control Vapor 2

With Nike out of the golf club business, what can we expect from Nike shoes now? Do a lot of PGA pros wear them?
Forgive me if this might sound like an "amateur" question by some!

So nice to see that they moved the swoosh...not a fan of the toe swoosh...what were they thinking?

Good job NIKE>>>these will be in my rotation.

Yeah I like the looks of these a little better. I'll definitely keep an eye out, but I'm guessing they'll cost more than I want to spend initially.

Last year’s vapors look like they are wide with tons of play in the uppers, is this true?

Def not wide. I'm fine with the fit, thought did have some comment on how low volume the toe box area is.

I really like the first photo with white, black and red. I still haven't tried the original vapor model. Looking for deals right now.

Is there a soft spike version, or are they all spikeless?
They are "spikeless". Though, it's not like others on the market. If anything, I'd call them more aggressive than twist spikes.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

For those with the Nike app, there's a video message from Paul Casey showing the shoe from different angles. New info to be released in the next 24 hours about the limited release.

I really like the white and blue and white and black pair. I may have to buy a new pair of shoes for next season.

I've got a pair of the originals, and I'm sure I'll have a pair of these as well. Great shoe.

I like the look of these much better, especially that first color way. Would love to know how that sole pattern keeps traction, especially in the morning with dew on the ground.

I find them to have better traction than a traditional spiked pattern.

^^^This. No slippage for me.

Just grabbed a pair of 14's after seeing them in hand finally this week (my #1 bag got a pair) and I'm excited as hell.

My pair are awaiting my arrival at home.
It was challenging to find my size in the colorway I wanted.
And I'll have them for tomorrow's league play.Nikes.jpg

I somehow just picked up a pair of the white/grey/blue at Golf Galaxy in Houston for $87.97 plus an additional 25% off, so $71.42 total, with tax. They had multiple sizes priced the same so I don't know if Nike is discontinuing this colorway or not.

A bunch of new colorways on Nike’s site. Great looking. Still no love for the wide sizing.

I bought a pair and played my first round. Had major issues with traction and almost blew out my knee because they slipped so bad.

They clog easy so I would definitely recommend for dry courses. I was on a tee box when they completely lost grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a pair and played my first round. Had major issues with traction and almost blew out my knee because they slipped so bad.

They clog easy so I would definitely recommend for dry courses. I was on a tee box when they completely lost grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yikes. I haven't seen that yet, but glad you didn't hurt yourself. I've got a new white/grey pair of these waiting to get the nod. The new colorways are interesting for sure.

Yikes. I haven't seen that yet, but glad you didn't hurt yourself. I've got a new white/grey pair of these waiting to get the nod. The new colorways are interesting for sure.

same here, I have 2 pairs (grey and the black ones) and have about 12-14 rounds total on them and havent had this yet...thankfully

same here, I have 2 pairs (grey and the black ones) and have about 12-14 rounds total on them and havent had this yet...thankfully

I will say I've almost wiped out walking on tile floors with them a couple of times.

I will say I've almost wiped out walking on tile floors with them a couple of times.
Oh yeah i walk slowly and gingerly when not on grass

I enjoy the blades even in wet conditions, but walking on concrete sucks with them.

How so thw spikes wear? The only non-spiked golf shoes i have are nike fi impact, with rubber spikeles cleats. These look like hard plastic so i assume they wear very well, but would like to hear it from those with a pair.

How so thw spikes wear? The only non-spiked golf shoes i have are nike fi impact, with rubber spikeles cleats. These look like hard plastic so i assume they wear very well, but would like to hear it from those with a pair.

I've had a pair since late last season that are holding up pretty well. It is a hard plastic so the only real wear is walking on paved surfaces. Definitely better than soft spikes for me so far. I'm guessing that the uppers will wear out for me before the cleats, but remains to be seen. They're both still in great shape.

Anyone that likes this type of sole better start stocking up on these shoes. Rory McIlroy is usually the first guy of the Nike stable to start wearing the newer releases in this line, and he was wearing shoes today at the Tour Championship that have traditional spikes. I have heard that the "Lunar" name is going away for 2019 because Nike is going to put the React foam into their golf shoes (their answer to Boost by adidas). I have 3 pairs of original Lunar Control Vapor shoes, I might have to get some LCV2s on clearance because I love the traction on this type of sole.

I played in pouring rain in a pair today and no problems with grip. Agree with people that they aren’t the best on concrete, especially wet concrete.

Back