Is a Hotdog a Sandwich?

A hotdog is not a sandwich because it's in a bun. I think.:confused2:

Agree that is is not a sandwich anymore than a taco is a sandwich. It’s in a category by itself. BTW, I very rarely eat hotdogs, but I eat brats at least a couple times each month. Around here, a brat is different than a hot dog, they are distinct categories and you would never find any local confusing the two or calling a brat a hot dog.

Oscar Mayer recently posted on Twitter that a hot dog is a sandwich (I disagree) and it’s caused quite a stir on the internet.

Oscar Mayer recently posted on Twitter that a hot dog is a sandwich (I disagree) and it’s caused quite a stir on the internet.

Then they should just leave the hotdogs to Nathan’s, because they’re better at it anyway, and just stick to bologna. A hotdog is in no way, shape, or form a sandwich.

If it's not a sandwich, then what is it? And don't say hotdog.

If it's not a sandwich, then what is it? And don't say hotdog.
Is a hamburger a sandwich?

For whatever reason, I think it depends what is between the bread/role.

One that throws a wrench in it is a "sub". You can throw anything between those 2 buns and it's still a "submarine sandwich"...except a hotdog

Well, they're wrong.

Is the lobster roll a sandwich?

No...no, it is not a sandwich, a lobster roll is just delicious nothing more.

If the lobster roll is not a sandwich, I think the hot dog is also not a sandwich. So how do we categorize the lobster roll?

I maintain that a hot dog is not a sandwich, but then we have this predicament.

No chance I am convinced that a hamburger is a sandwich, but switch that all beef patty with a breast of chicken, and SUDDENLY IT'S A SANDWICH WHAT IS GOING ON?!

I maintain that a hot dog is not a sandwich, but then we have this predicament.

No chance I am convinced that a hamburger is a sandwich, but switch that all beef patty with a breast of chicken, and SUDDENLY IT'S A SANDWICH WHAT IS GOING ON?!

You have me on the hotdog, but why is a hamburger not?

From Merriam-Webster.com :

Definition of sandwich

(Entry 1 of 3)

1a : two or more slices of bread or a split roll having a filling in between

b : one slice of bread covered with food

(https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sandwich)

Ergo, by definition, a hotdog on a bun is indeed a sandwich.

It's a bread taco.

And a hamburger is a sandwich.

I have no good reason. I don't know that I've ever heard someone ask for a burger sandwich hahaha - it just sounds insane to me.

Im thinking back to when we were at Hungry Bear in Carlsbad. They have the "Burger Subs". Is that a sandwich?

Im thinking back to when we were at Hungry Bear in Carlsbad. They have the "Burger Subs". Is that a sandwich?

I'd call it a sub before I'd call it a sandwich haha

Sample: subs vs sandwiches at Jimmy Johns.

I'd call it a sub before I'd call it a sandwich haha

Sample: subs vs sandwiches at Jimmy Johns.

You are confusing : )

I'm a complex story.....

That said, I concede the Jimmy Johns sample. They sub classify.

e855c01acd4164215c81a108cbc38cee.jpg

Now I'm even more lost.

They deliver average subs in minutes. Clearly they are practicing witchcraft.

I will Be indulging in this wonderful sandwich/non sandwich tonight.

Back