What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tale of 2 Nines today
Shot a 74 (White Tees)
35 Front with 1 birdie and 8 pars
39 Back with 2 bogies, 2 doubles, 3 birdies, 2 pars (talk about a roller coaster ride)

b2e86805def5087d1f32d6a884f41cce_f12.jpg
9400f07e6d97eb6d676b372fd98777c0_f13.jpg

trad.jpg

Why are you playing the whites as a mid 70s player?
Having fun? Playing the proper tees for his driving distance? Trying to shoot par? Who cares what tees he plays?

If it's a really cool course, I need to know where it is.

Bretwood in Keene NH. 36 holes there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First, because I am an Old Fart with a bad back, two bad knees, and a hip that needs to be replaced.
Second, because with the distance that I hit my Tee Ball, according to the Tee It Forward Initiative that Arnie and the PGA put out, those are the proper Tees for me to play from.
Third, that is where all the people I play with Tee Off from and I like to be part of the group, I'm not playing many Tournaments anymore.
Fourth,, because I am out to enjoy the game and don't feel that my game warrants playing the Championship Tees. I have my off days as well. It is just a game for me anymore.

If it's a really cool course, I need to know where it is.

There are two rivers that snake their way across both 18's. Very different off the tee than my home course. Really makes you hit various shots

Having fun? Playing the proper tees for his driving distance? Trying to shoot par? Who cares what tees he plays?

Most people should be playing from the whites. I see most people struggle from the blues every weekend.

First, because I am an Old Fart with a bad back, two bad knees, and a hip that needs to be replaced.
Second, because with the distance that I hit my Tee Ball, according to the Tee It Forward Initiative that Arnie and the PGA put out, those are the proper Tees for me to play from.
Third, that is where all the people I play with Tee Off from and I like to be part of the group, I'm not playing many Tournaments anymore.
Fourth,, because I am out to enjoy the game and don't feel that my game warrants playing the Championship Tees. I have my off days as well. It is just a game for me anymore.

Oh okay lol not being critical just was a little confused there

Most people should be playing from the whites. I see most people struggle from the blues every weekend.

This statement is incorrect. Meaning this, at my course the White Tee's are 6511yds and in order to play the course as designed, you need at least a 250yd drive average. Most people don't have a clue that those tee's are too long for their drive only because they have always been taught to play from a color and not taught to look at the distance and rating/slope and play accordingly.

Not b**ch**g at you. Just trying to get awareness out that we need to change the language we use to teach people how to play so they get the most enjoyment out of the game by showing them how to figure out the tee set that fit's them best.

No problem belmontcc, didn't think you were being critical, I looked at it more as you had a question.
Don't ever let anyone goad you into playing certain Tee Boxes because of what your handicap is or what scores you may post, play from where you are most comfortable and where you will get the most enjoyment playing from, after all none of us on here are playing for one of those Big Cardboard Checks.

This statement is incorrect. Meaning this, at my course the White Tee's are 6511yds and in order to play the course as designed, you need at least a 250yd drive average. Most people don't have a clue that those tee's are too long for their drive only because they have always been taught to play from a color and not taught to look at the distance and rating/slope and play accordingly.

Not b**ch**g at you. Just trying to get awareness out that we need to change the language we use to teach people how to play so they get the most enjoyment out of the game by showing them how to figure out the tee set that fit's them best.
I should have been more clear. I meant the forward men's tee. At my course it's like 5600 at the whites (mens), then we have champion and pro.

I grew up playing on that course long before the expansion. I'm talking in the 70s hahaha

I love that place! Very very good public course IMO

49/47 = 96 @ Ravenwood, greens were in rough shape. Made it tough to putt no matter how close you were.

39/43 82 playing from the tips at Twin Creeks with Big Time. Thought I was going to get that break through sub 80 round.

44/56 today. Started out really well on the front, and I was trying to stay very positive and drawing off past successes to keep my spirits up. It worked for awhile and then some bad shots kind of knocked me down and I couldn't right the ship on the back. It didn't help that the wind picked up, but I don't think that had much to do with my poor performance. The good news is I was at least missing one way instead of the 2 way miss I've been fighting, so if I can keep it at a 1 way miss then I'm happy about that. I proved to myself that my swing is in there somewhere, I just need to get back to trusting it on the course. I do want to give a shout out to Ricky for sending some positive words my way after my last round, the encouragement really helps, and I was channeling it on my front 9. Work in progress, but it will come around.

44/56 today. Started out really well on the front, and I was trying to stay very positive and drawing off past successes to keep my spirits up. It worked for awhile and then some bad shots kind of knocked me down and I couldn't right the ship on the back. It didn't help that the wind picked up, but I don't think that had much to do with my poor performance. The good news is I was at least missing one way instead of the 2 way miss I've been fighting, so if I can keep it at a 1 way miss then I'm happy about that. I proved to myself that my swing is in there somewhere, I just need to get back to trusting it on the course. I do want to give a shout out to Ricky for sending some positive words my way after my last round, the encouragement really helps, and I was channeling it on my front 9. Work in progress, but it will come around.

You got this bro! No thinking on the golf course about mechanics. Just play and what ever it is will be.

Progress is progress regardless of how big or small. Just keep working and focus on the positives. Get the ship righted and you will be back to your old self in no time. I think playing a round without keeping score and worrying about handicap and stats and whatnot will do you a world of good.

37/41 par 71. Had 3 doubles and a bogey. Got away from gameplay on one hole and putting was a little off but better than last time out.

82 with a triple due to topped drive into water. Solid iron and chipping today with the Chrome Soft. Would have been a solid round except for 4 missed 2-3 footers and a poor tee game.

So lost with my driver and 3 wood right now. Nothing feels right and can't get anything off the ground. Here's to working it out :)

90 at wolf creek. The course is just stupid but in a good way. I've never played anything quite like it before. The tee shots on the back nine were infuriating. The wolf at Paiute is up next.

82 with a triple due to topped drive into water. Solid iron and chipping today with the Chrome Soft. Would have been a solid round except for 4 missed 2-3 footers and a poor tee game.

So lost with my driver and 3 wood right now. Nothing feels right and can't get anything off the ground. Here's to working it out :)

You'll get it soon man. Keep your head up.

Played first round of club championship at home course this morning. I go 1 down on 2, birdie 3 to go back to even, and lose 4 to go back 1 down. Win 8 with a par and 9 with a birdie to make the turn at 1 up. Bogey 10,11,12, and 13 to go 2 down. Win 14 with par and 15 with birdie to get back to even. Halve 16 with birdies. Win 17 with par to go dormie. Birdied 18 to win 2 up. Shot 71 (34-37) on the day my opponent shot 74. Tried giving it away with the 4 bogeys to start the back, two were 3 putts. Hung in there and played the last 4 holes in 3 under to seal the deal. Amazing the difference a day makes.

You'll get it soon man. Keep your head up.

Chrome soft was solid. I was on point inside 130 today. Was inside 10 feet on all par 3a with a bird. It's gonna stay in my bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back