What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A terrible 77. I know that sounds bad but I had 4 putts lip out and put 2 in the drink on 18.

A strange +1, 71. Started birdie, bogey, birdie, bogey. Then had 5 straight pars, a bogey, and 8 straight pars. Had six birdie putts inside 20 feet in the last 8, but kept burning the edge. Ball striking was erratic early, really solid on the back 9.

It was a weird combo of grinding the front and pretty straight forward back. I'll take it.

did not keep score, more of a practice round with six4three5, hit 2 balls on most holes and sometimes three, irons were good, driver was weak, over all, not too bad

I had an 83 today with 3 birdies . My putting was the best it has been this year and my driving was awful ! The senior shaft I have in my Ping G25 needs to be swapped out for a regular or even stiff. Dispersion is awful with the Sr. Flex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were it not for the blow up holes, I could score. Three double bogies today plus 8 pars, 3 birdie and 4 bogies for 79 (40, 39)

43 after making a birdie on the first hole

+4, 40 at the spot on the front. Played really well most of the way around. One double was just dumb though.

JM

39/41 for an 80 (+9). Had 4 bad doubles to go with 3 birdies on the day. Just when I thought I had something going, I was in jail off the tee or in the not-all-sand traps. On in 2 on a par 5 with 2 great shots, proceed to 3 jack. Just one of those days where it was all there, just couldn't put it all together at once for a long stretch.

+4 for a 39 tonight at Men's night. 1 double, 2 bogeys, 6 pars.

190 yd par 3 ate my lunch for the double, and 180 yd approach on the 9th ended up bogey after a beaver pelt torn up with a 4 hybrid.

Played boring golf tonight, just didn't have 2 par save putts drop when I really needed them.

43 at league. Not sure I could've played better. Everything clicked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snuck out for an interesting round today and played a more open course to try and get my confidence up. I am always a slow starter on the course and got out +1 in the first 6 holes with 5 pars (for me this is unheard of). Finished with a 42 on the front which was my best 9 hole round of the year. My back 9 was a struggle (90 degrees & a lack of water was not a good combob). I shot a 51 and just couldnt replicate the front. 38 total putts with 5 3putts. It was weird because I was hitting more greens with my irons and less wedge shots, but I wasnt sticking them close enough to score. today I had the most GIR Ive ever had, but couldnt putt to save my life. I was hitting my new driver as well as I have ever hit off the tee and pushed a couple out over 260 (round average of 230). I ended up shooting a 93 which is 10 strokes better then the last time I played that course in early June, so it was good to see improvement.

1 of my thoughts that came in my head after was that I have never started out that strong and didnt handle it real well the rest of the round. I think I relaxed mentally and thought the rest of the round would be easy. I try not to pay attention to my score but I know it was in my head the back 9. Is their anything I can do to not do this? I have not really done competitive things other then coaching so I have been struggling towards the end of rounds when I know that I need to perform to "get a score" or "win the match"... Is this something that I can work on?

Shot 48 during league at 6500yds. Had my two longest drives, one confirmed at 248yds, the other similar but unconfirmed. Man it sure is awesome hitting it that far. Found something with my swing that i changed the other day and man I am gaining distance.

Shot 38/41-79 tonight in men's club with 2 birdies, 3 bogeys, and three doubles. I did a little bit of good and bad in every aspect except greenside, which was awesome and what kept me in it. I was 2/2 in sand opportunities and was better than 50% in scrambling, which was lowered with some weak putting in places. I again ended up going straight to the first tee, and the lack of a good warm up made my back tighten up a bit. I need some good range time badly.

Wasn't today but I shot 78 (+6) at the weekend which is my first time under 80 in a hell of a long time. Round was quite tidy with 9 bogeys and 3 birdies and the putter was red hot - 26 putts on only my second round with it (the first was 36!)

Last night after work. 84 ... with three doubles, an unplayable lie, and a penalty! 54% FIR and only 22% GIR, but my chipping/pitching was ON.
I might have found a little move through ball contact that is getting me a bit better results on iron shots. #WhatCouldaBeen

46 (ESC 45) in league last night. They moved the time up by 30 minutes and I barely made it!

36 43 +8 for a 79! First time breaking 80. PB was 81, 82 on this course.

Had some knee surgery so I'm sitting on my porch at the ranch shooting snakes, 3 more dead snakes if what I shot today.

93, just nothing good to take away, terrible off the tee (2 FW), terrible approach shots (1 GIR). Saw some positives during my practice 9 a couple days ago, none of which carried over to today.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Had some knee surgery so I'm sitting on my porch at the ranch shooting snakes, 3 more dead snakes if what I shot today.

What kind of knee surgery? I'm almost certified as a surgeon with all that I have been through. :D Dang I don't want to come visit you with those critters in your yard! :bulgy-eyes:

36 43 +8 for a 79! First time breaking 80. PB was 81, 82 on this course.

Awesome job! :clapp:

I was heading out to play today and found out there was a tournament, so I went to the gym instead.

39/42 81 at the home course. Limped in last 4 holes 5 over. Could have been a solid round. Should have grabbed some food at the turn lol

41/47 = 88. Things were clicking pretty good the first 9 but I had to grind a bit the second to keep it under 90 for the round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back