Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind Wedges Preview

I'm going to have to borrow O'Carroll's again. I'm not sure if it will be in my #Grandaddy bag or not. Need to spend more time hitting regular pitch shots with it. I still view it as a niche specialty wedge, but I might need to give it another strong look.

Something about the sole on this one. I hit better pitch shots with it than I have with any other wedge in a while.

I am pulling the 64° out of the bag in favor of putting a 54° set wedge back in. I need to fill the gap between the 52° ATV and the 60° PM Grind.

I am pulling the 64° out of the bag in favor of putting a 54° set wedge back in. I need to fill the gap between the 52° ATV and the 60° PM Grind.

If you are looking to get rid of the PM 64*. Let me know.. I live in Newport, MI.
Thanks

Got my 2nd round in with the 58*, and I hit more wow shots, but also hit a couple crappy ones. Realistically I need to get out and get some short game practice in, but I had 8 one putts yesterday (6 of which came after shots with this club), and was able to hit all kinds of different shots:

25 yard soft pitch (that stopped within 3 feet of where it landed): check couple times
75 yd 3/4 swing that hit and stopped after one bounce: check
45 yd partial swing that came in low and checked on 2nd bounce: check
20 yd green side bunker shot that actually sucked back after it landed (that has never happened to me before!): check
several other normal chips and pitches.

I did hit a couple low screamers where I tried to open it up but bladed the shot. I got up and down on the next shot both times limiting it to bogey.

Lot's of this success is due to the club, but I need to go back in the Gauntlet thread and think RFC for the wedgucation as the techniques he taught are so dang solid.

If you are looking for a versatile wedge, check this bad boy out as it can do it all.

These look awesome. Wish there were a few more loft bounce choices.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

My 58 PM was awesome again today. Think I like it best in the bunker. Had two shots today that came out and just stopped. My buddy tried it and he's about to pull the trigger as well. And I am glad I got a 58. It's a great club

Have a 56 & 60 in the BST forum if anyone interest.

I absolutely love these things. Sand, full shots, pitches and anything in between. I have never been so confident.

My playing partners are starting to call this my "cheater wedge"

That's awesome

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Spent a lot of time with this wedge last night. Testing it out to see if it's something I would want in my Grandaddy bag or not. One thing that really stood out to me last night in the short game area was that if I didn't commit to the shot, this wedge just does not perform. Really need to keep the hands moving forward with it. When I got choppy with it, it was pretty bad compared to my normal 58*. Can certainly get the ball up in the air with it for shots that need it. Really like it from the bunkers, the larger head gives some confidence. Although I will add my confidence from the sand has been pretty high all year.

Definitely need to be aggressive with this wedge. One thing that may be the way is to use the pm in the highest lofted wedge. I bow have md3 52s and 56w then pm 60. Works well

that is what I have experienced with this wedge too, hit absolutely spectacular shots, then some of the worst wedge shots I have hit in the last few years.

With the size and sole, I think mishits are magnified so you really have to go after it.

After today, I think it's going in the Grandaddy bag. Hit full shots with no problem, which is important for me. Hit some shots from 35-70 yards too without any real issues. Used it on every greenside shot today and had some good success too.

After today, I think it's going in the Grandaddy bag. Hit full shots with no problem, which is important for me. Hit some shots from 35-70 yards too without any real issues. Used it on every greenside shot today and had some good success too.
How far out was your approach from on 18? That shot was perfect.

How far out was your approach from on 18? That shot was perfect.
Would say about 95. That shot and the one on 7 were really good.

Would say about 95. That shot and the one on 7 were really good.
Whatever it was, I thought it was a stretch that you would get there with the 58°. No worries though, I think that was an awesome approach.

Whatever it was, I thought it was a stretch that you would get there with the 58°. No worries though, I think that was an awesome approach.
It was. Best approach of the day. As you saw I forced myself to use it every chance I got to try and get a good feel for this wedge.

I had a number of shots with the PM grind 60 degree yesterday that got spin like I never would have expected. One out of a greenside bunker with leaves covering the ball, popped it right out and it stopped only a couple feet from where it landed for a tap in par. Great for a short sided shot. Second was a little chip, again short sided, which landed and danced a little right where it hit. Another tap in that I didn't deserve. Still really impressed with this wedge.

I can't recommend this club enough, I had one that I thought I hit way to hard as it came out a bit low, but it had enough spin that it stopped in less than 3 feet. Left me a makeable putt for par when I thought I was going to have another chip.

I do need to practice a bit more with it as I don't have confidence to use it to it's full capabilities.

Love this club. I play the 64 and I have gotten So good with this club. Chipped in 1 from a a short side hill and almost chipped in another the next hole. Also love hitting it out of the sand for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for the skim, is this a .370 hosel club? thinking about building a 64*

Confirmed by Callaway tweet, this is a .355 tapered

I want to bend my PM 56 to 55 and my 58 to 59

Does changing the loft on wedges 1 degree affect the bounce too much? What are the negative affects of changing loft?

My wedges are a Srixon 545 P at 45, renegar 50 and was roving between pm 56 and 64 or back to renegar 54 and pm 58

Pm 64 has been relegated to ready to not so ready reserve.
Too cheap to buy a another pm wedge , a 60

So, want to change the loft and wondering what the side affects would be?

It will change the bounce by 1 degree. In all honesty, its not too big a deal. I bent mine 1 degree and have noticed no ill effects for me personally.

Back