IOS 9 - Plans to update?

Only issue I am I having is when there are apps that need to be update post iOS 9 install, the apps in the App Store change from update to open in the blink of an eye. You have to close the App Store and go back in and when you go back in be superman fast and quickly hit update all. Warning: This may result in phone being tee'd up and smashed with a 7-iron!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One other thing I noticed (may not even be related to the upgrade). I pay .99 cents per month for an extra 20 GB of iCloud storage. Looks like that storage plan got upgraded to 50GB for no cost. So, I'm automatically enrolled in the 50GB plan, but according to iCloud on my phone, I only have 20GB available. Just googled it and looks like it's an issue for others as well.

So far I really like it. Seems a little better I like the iPad features a lot. The keyboard is a million times better. The upper lower case thing drove me crazy as I moved from an android phone.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Updated yesterday. Like it so far!

Per Gizmodo:

So let’s bring it back to what it was before iOS 9: a normal keyboard that displays its letters in all caps (even though it’s typing in lowercase). How?
Just go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Keyboard and switch off ‘Show Lowercase Keys’.

That could be big. Apple Maps wouldn't bother me so much if it was freakin updated with any regularity. I've lived at my house for 2 and a half years almost and it still doesn't show my street as existing. What the heck guys.

The fact that you cant already is downright comical.

My guess is that there are features embedded in the iOS kernel requiring a major rewrite of the base code.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Took the leap and upgraded before lunch. No major issues, just seeing some window open up smaller than on previous iOSiOS

Maybe it's because I wasn't on it much today but I'm home from work and still have 72% battery. Much better battery performance so far

Got in my car to go home for lunch and i got a maps notification saying how long I had until I got to my house and that traffic was normal. That was new.

Got in my car to go home for lunch and i got a maps notification saying how long I had until I got to my house and that traffic was normal. That was new.
That was a feature I really enjoyed when using Now. But I ended up deciding now and leaving location on used to much battery.

Ever used If this then that?

That was a feature I really enjoyed when using Now. But I ended up deciding now and leaving location on used to much battery.

Ever used If this then that?

Doesn't ring a bell

Doesn't ring a bell
Super cool app, I think it goes by iftt now. Basically you tell it to do certain things everytime you do something. When you leave the office it will turn your thermostat down at home. Or when you like a Facebook post it will save it to a spreadsheet, or automatically email photos you take, or auto text everyone who you get a missed call from. Or it will put your phone on silent when you get to the office, and take it off when you leave.

Pretty nifty stuff. All sorts of crazy stuff it will do. I need to really start using it again.

Edit: here's some if the stuff it does.

http://mobile.pcmag.com/news/2462-the-110-best-ifttt-recipes?origref=

I work device triage for AT&T so every software update is a scary software update for us.

IOS 9 - Plans to update?

Big issue right now is a slide to update error, once completing the update the device continues to prompt slide to update.

THe trash all mail is wonderful...EXCEPT....That it still shows you have mail (when you dont). Freaking brutal.

Two days into the update and I'm liking it so far.

Two days into it and no issues.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Mail issues are terrible.
Mail showing as being there and there not being mail. Repushing emails that have already been deleted. Crashing constantly and saying "cannot send mail to trash".

Mail issues are terrible.
Mail showing as being there and there not being mail. Repushing emails that have already been deleted. Crashing constantly and saying "cannot send mail to trash".

I am a self admitted apple homer, and won't touch the Apple Mail app, especially if I'm using a Gmail hosted account. It's infuriating how many bugs they have in Mail on desktop and iOS.

No issues for me so far. I really like the Peace ad blocking app.

I am a self admitted apple homer, and won't touch the Apple Mail app, especially if I'm using a Gmail hosted account. It's infuriating how many bugs they have in Mail on desktop and iOS.

I don't use my gmail account mobile. Just THP and it's awful.

Back