2015 Presidents Cup [Spoilers]

I'd definitely take Koepka/Reed over Phil/Bill right now and I can't stand Reed.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Well Reed made the team, and he's a damn good match player. I love Patty Reed, he and Phil would probably make a sick duo.

I'm off my soapbox on Phil. I know it can turn on at the drop of a hat, here's hoping it clicks once he hits that first tee and we get PCup Phil and not Ryder Cup Phil.

Well Reed made the team...

Whoops, missed him on Icey's list, my mistake. Still would take Koepka over both Phil or Bill then.

Have we ever lost the president's cup

So which Captain came out on top with their picks?

I don't have a problem with Phil. I don't think he was the best choice, but those 2 spots are not earned. They are selected. It was up to the captain and he picked one long shot. I hope it works out.

98 when it was in Austrailia, and then we have the tie back in 03
So we should be ok this year. I think we own the rest of the world.

I like the Phil pick. He will calm the rookies and bring a serious winning spirit to the locker room

Winning spirits? He has an 11-17-6 Ryder cup record and has only been on 2 winning Ryder Cup teams. And the United States has lost 1 Presidents Cup in its history. Don't you think it's time to get some young players involved in this team events? Or are we going to keep giving these mediocre team players the picks because they bring "experience".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winning spirits? He has an 11-17-6 Ryder cup record and has only been on 2 winning Ryder Cup teams. And the United States has lost 1 Presidents Cup in its history. Don't you think it's time to get some young players involved in this team events? Or are we going to keep giving these mediocre team players the picks because they bring "experience".

He has won 9 times on the presidents cup though...20-16-11

He has won 9 times on the presidents cup though...20-16-11

And only 2 wins in Singles on Sunday in 10 attempts.

Good thing this isn't the Ryder cup. People complained about TW last time out and he played well. The only time he is alone is on sunday and I honestly think it will be over by then.

And by winning spirit I'm talking over his career on tour. The guy can win without his best and will keep those guys on their toes.

Good thing this isn't the Ryder cup. People complained about TW last time out and he played well. The only time he is alone is on sunday and I honestly think it will be over by then.

Kinda my thoughts, the U.S. Pretty much dominates the Presidents cup every year. So why not put new faces in there and see how they play in that kind of setting and start setting our sites on the Ryder Cup.

Kinda my thoughts, the U.S. Pretty much dominates the Presidents cup every year. So why not put new faces in there and see how they play in that kind of setting and start setting our sites on the Ryder Cup.

Exactly why I too would like to see them take the chance on accelerating the development of a big (if not totally mature) talent like Koepka. Problem is the PGA Tour runs the Pres. Cup & PGA of America owns the Ryder Cup. Not much incentive for the Tour to take what many would consider a higher risk pick just to possibly help out the other guys in 2016.

I think the young guys will have plenty of chances. Phil is running out.

People complained about TW last time out and he played well.

I could completely be misremembering this, but wasn't Tiger 0-5 when he was a captain's pick last time?

I could completely be misremembering this, but wasn't Tiger 0-5 when he was a captain's pick last time?
He was saddled with DJ and he played like dog do. TW playes great. But this is about Phil not tw

I like those a lot.

Presidents cup is a week away and all the media is focused on today is "One year until the Ryder Cup" it just goes to show how no one really cares about the Presidents Cup.

Presidents cup is a week away and all the media is focused on today is "One year until the Ryder Cup" it just goes to show how no one really cares about the Presidents Cup.

It's too bad, a lot of great golfers on the President's Cup International team that don't have the option of the Ryder Cup. I personally enjoy the President's Cup too.

Any word on whether Furyk is playing, and if not, who his replacement might be?

I guess JB Holmes was 12th and this course in South Korea is a big hitters dream. Koepka has to be considered too if Furyk can't go.

If he doesn't play, I hope it goes to JB Holmes. The guy has made a strong push multiple times. Was passed over for the RC in 2010, last year, and just missed the PC this season. Would be a good story.

If he doesn't play, I hope it goes to JB Holmes. The guy has made a strong push multiple times. Was passed over for the RC in 2010, last year, and just missed the PC this season. Would be a good story.

Me too.

And this just in, JB Holmes will replace Furyk. Good to see JB in there, he played great this year.

Back