What is 2018 Shaft Up: Equipment, Fitting and Golf FOR FREE

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
For those that missed Shaft Up in 2017, it was a really neat look into a chance at doing something most never get the opportunity to do. A fitting at a shaft manufacturer's US Headquarters, rounds of golf with the team there and of course new equipment to get fit into. Oh yeah, and all of it, including your airfare, hotel, etc was completely free.

What is Changing
2018 will see a new look to Shaft Up and we will be launching the details and signup for the first one very soon. Here is what you want to know about the events.

No longer are they being held at their TX Headquarters, but hitting the road. Three locations have been chosen (plus the grand finale) and each lucky participant will be flown into there for a few days of great golf, club fitting and brand new equipment.

Last year it was a surprise as to what new equipment people were going to get and it was always captured live on video. This coming year, you will know your F8 (fate) and will be fit into new Cobra Golf gear.

Last year in most cases, Danny and team took to the course, but this year, it will be Danny and Myself playing with the participants.

Awesome golf courses have been selected to be a part of this series and the entire experience is all on THP and UST Mamiya.

The Grand Finale
This is where it gets good, if it hasn't already :D
Yes, we know you just got a free trip, new equipment and a club fitting by Danny Le. But it might not stop there.
1 of the 2 people that gets into each Shaft Up, will be headed later in the year to the Grand Finale, which is a weekend of wall to wall golf at a resort with UST and THP. There, more equipment and fittings will be given and once again...All of it is free!
Including Travel!

How To Get In
Your 2018 Albatross Club Membership is your key to getting into this, and all THP Events. It helps this site grow as well as a wonderful charity with our partnership with St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. To become a member, or learn more about the details and what each member receives, click here. Then once signup opens up for the events, enter away.

Stay tuned to THP, because the first signup and announcement will be coming up very soon. As well as the dates and cities for each of the three events.

2018%20Shaft%20Up-L.jpg

Yup. I'm sold. Can I sign up now???

This looks totally amazing. Can't wait to see sign ups!!!

The F8 line looks to be sooo good. Curious what combinations Danny can come up with! OL irons with Recoils would be FUN

It will be fun for the guys to play 18 with you too JB. Can't remember too many events (past GD aside) where you teed it up.

Can't wait to see what locations made the cut.

The 2018 version of shaft up is going to be amazing.

Sounds amazing. I need to try and get int one of these this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty cool this show will be taken on the road

Once again, THP levels up! Cobra's entire F8 looks awesome, plus JB is playing this year?! As soon as the announcement rolls out clear your schedules guys if at all possible. You don't want to miss this!

I can't wait to see the destinations!

Everything about this sounds amazing and top notch. Ready to throw my name in the hat for these events.

This was one of the coolest events to follow along with last year. The different locations makes it really fun and knowing the F8 lineup is involved is really exciting. This is definitely one to try for.

Yup. I'm sold. Can I sign up now???

This looks totally amazing. Can't wait to see sign ups!!!

It is totally amazing!

Danny Le is amazing too. If you missed this series last year, make sure you pay attention and sign up this year. Just an incredible event with some great people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What is 2018 Shaft Up: Equipment, Fitting and Golf FOR FREE

Oh and the ever elusive round of golf with JB is included...Just doesn’t get any better.

Sheesh. This escalated quickly.....and moved to the top of the list even quicker.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

If this is what 10yrs is all about then we should all buckle up..

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Yes please ... you had me at Danny Le! HA! I've been wanting to get inside his brain for a while now ... into the mind of a genius! I have to get into one of these events badly :act-up:

edit: I also want to be in both groups at least once ... JB one round & Danny the next! With something on the line (under the table if need be) of course.

I really love that Cobra F8 is on the docket for the entire series. I can't wait for sign ups.

Oh and the ever elusive round of golf with JB is included...Just doesn’t get any better.

That is a rarity for sure.

Love the changes to the event and very interested in what locations are chosen.

love the update, love the destinations, the finale will be awesome, and I love that the F8 line is involved.

That is a rarity for sure.

Love the changes to the event and very interested in what locations are chosen.

At the end of the day the location won’t matter. Danny and JB will make it so much fun that where you are just isn’t important. Just take it in and enjoy!

I can't wait for this. Every year Shaft Up gets better and better. UST and THP do this right. And free? It seems too good to be true.

This is freaking incredible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is gonna be good! One of the events I have my eye on for sure!

Shaft Up is always one of my favorite events to follow year after year. THP and UST has taken shaft up to a whole new level and I cant wait for them to get started.

This is a must sign up for everyone! Such great people and this year's looks amazing.

This event just keeps getting better and better!

As I have mentioned in other threads, getting fit into a shaft is my number 1 goal for 2018 Not just any shaft mind you but a shaft that I had a hand in designing and finished by the best in the business!

Back