The Official 2015 MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ehh, tough call, ideally if they are going to part with SP it needs to be on a injury free guy, BUT they may not be able to be too picky

They could get a nice haul for him that's for sure. I was joking about Holliday dude is a DH after this year

They could get a nice haul for him that's for sure. I was joking about Holliday dude is a DH after this year

thought he was getting reps at 1B?

Also just saw tribe released Chris Johnson. He was the guy from ATL that came over in the salary dump trade of Bourne and Swisher.

All is quiet on the FA front right now it seems.. Looking forward to seeing where Upton, Davis, Gordon, among others, end up.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the Dodgers due to create a rotation. Maybe the Japanese import? Maybe a trade with the Marlins for Fernandez? Both? Kershaw, Woods, Anderson and the injured duo of Ryu and McCarthy just doesn't come close to getting it done.

All is quiet on the FA front right now it seems.. Looking forward to seeing where Upton, Davis, Gordon, among others, end up.
The Gordon speculation around here has been interesting, I heard the White Sox might be the leader right now, an interesting move for him.

The Gordon speculation around here has been interesting, I heard the White Sox might be the leader right now, an interesting move for him.

It is all about the $$. Wouldn't hate to see him in Cardinal red.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the Dodgers due to create a rotation. Maybe the Japanese import? Maybe a trade with the Marlins for Fernandez? Both? Kershaw, Woods, Anderson and the injured duo of Ryu and McCarthy just doesn't come close to getting it done.

im guessing they work out some silly deal for Fernandez

I would be SHOCKED if Fernandez gets moved. The Marlins want the entire farm for him, and I don't blame them. I think he is basically unattainable at this point. If the Dodgers want to get rid of Seager and Urias then maybe, but I cannot see them doing that.

Yankees trade for Chapman. Will be interested to see which prospects they gave up.

Yankees trade for Chapman. Will be interested to see which prospects they gave up.
Jagielo and davis and turds

I'm reading no one super high. A couple in their top 15 but the others aren't... First glance seems very solid for the Yankees

Interesting that the Yankees took the chance with the uncertainty regarding what his status will be come opening day. They certainly will have innings 7 - 9 locked down!

Interesting that the Yankees took the chance with the uncertainty regarding what his status will be come opening day. They certainly will have innings 7 - 9 locked down!

haven't been able to get a starter, might as well make sure the back end of the game is secure.

haven't been able to get a starter, might as well make sure the back end of the game is secure.

It's worked very well for a certain AL Central team the past 2 years

It's worked very well for a certain AL Central team the past 2 years

yup. Still not crazy about losing Warren and Wilson in 2 other deals this winter, but having all these closer type pitchers lined up at the end of the game seems to be the current blueprint

yup. Still not crazy about losing Warren and Wilson in 2 other deals this winter, but having all these closer type pitchers lined up at the end of the game seems to be the current blueprint

Plus they are much cheaper to retain

It is all about the $$. Wouldn't hate to see him in Cardinal red.

I still hope he stays with KC. Sounds like they are about 6-7 million a year apart plus a year less in contract length. Hope that's not true, because that's worse than not even giving him an offer.

I still hope he stays with KC. Sounds like they are about 6-7 million a year apart plus a year less in contract length. Hope that's not true, because that's worse than not even giving him an offer.
I realize advance stats probably tell a somewhat different story, but I just don't see him being worth a big huge contract. The last 3 years he's basically a .265/20/75/10 kind of guy. And he's 31. 6-7M per year is a lot of money. And we don't know what that year apart means. I don't think you really want to take Gordon too far past 34, do you? This situation just smells ripe for a bad overpay.

They are very far apart from what I have gathered. His camp is saying virtually no chance he stays.

I realize advance stats probably tell a somewhat different story, but I just don't see him being worth a big huge contract. The last 3 years he's basically a .265/20/75/10 kind of guy. And he's 31. 6-7M per year is a lot of money. And we don't know what that year apart means. I don't think you really want to take Gordon too far past 34, do you? This situation just smells ripe for a bad overpay.

Those stats don't include the fact that he is probably a top 2-3 Left Fielder in the game defensively.

I didnt like those losses either. Nice to know chapman will be at the back end and give batances the ability to set up for him or step in on a day off. If they can keep starters healthy the rotation could be good.

Those stats don't include the fact that he is probably a top 2-3 Left Fielder in the game defensively.
Per ESPN he's got a WAR of 2.83, including OFF of 2.08 and DEF of .36. Based on overall WAR it looks like he's about the 24th or 25th best OF.

Per ESPN he's got a WAR of 2.83, including OFF of 2.08 and DEF of .36. Based on overall WAR it looks like he's about the 24th or 25th best OF.

I prefer UZR, but WAR is a decent measurement of defensive ability. In 2014, his last healthy season, he was the #1 left fielder. Last years defensive WAR isn't going to be extremely beneficial when looking at him due to a leg injury. When he came back he still wasn't 100%, and he missed a lot of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back