Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which ones? I want a set of the protos something FIERCE.

110 non protos, unless protos are a no charge upgrade which I doubt.

815 alpha 3 wood w/ the speeder 665. Thinking it would be a killer club for me without spending the full $$$ for the 816.

Which ones? I want a set of the protos something FIERCE.

And I agree with this a lot.

4-AW for me. Only decision is if I pop my Recoil 110 cherry.

I am hoping that is what gives me the best numbers at ECPC. Would love the 110s and saw good stuff with them at UST event

Not worried that the MD3 might not go as far as the set AW?
Not really a huge concern for me. The forgiveness will be comprised. But I'm not concerned about the distance

94a8bfb70e105d93e43e1812b1a6542a.jpg

Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm

Recoil giving best distance but I'd take the pxi 6.0 dispersion and give up those few yds

I've been visiting this site since I started playing again 3 months ago (work buddies conned me into a scramble).

So far, many of you have pondered me into a trip to Golfsmith for a fitting and I'm the proud new owner of XR Pro irons 4-PW and my wife has a set of CPO XR's 6-PW.

Now you all have me pondering a GBB driver and a new 3 FW.

This place is expensive...lol

X.man, these PXI6.0 look very good for you

I've been visiting this site since I started playing again 3 months ago (work buddies conned me into a scramble).

So far, many of you have pondered me into a trip to Golfsmith for a fitting and I'm the proud new owner of XR Pro irons 4-PW and my wife has a set of CPO XR's 6-PW.

Now you all have me pondering a GBB driver and a new 3 FW.

This place is expensive...lol

it really is, you have to let go and just buy everything

#THPEnabling

Recoil giving best distance but I'd take the pxi 6.0 dispersion and give up those few yds

Agree completely, PXi 6 have much better overall numbers in this case.

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Agree completely, PXi 6 have much better overall numbers in this case.

As far as distance goes the recoils we're definitely the best but I was way off line with them. I wish I can get more in line with them as that was by far the best feeling out of the bunch. With that said I was really surprised by the dispersion. I think the PXi 5.5 and 6.0 were pretty comparable. I actually liked the lighter weight and kick on the 5.5 surprisingly. I just don't know if the spin numbers are good with the 5.5

As far as distance goes the recoils we're definitely the best but I was way off line with them. I wish I can get more in line with them as that was by far the best feeling out of the bunch. With that said I was really surprised by the dispersion. I think the PXi 5.5 and 6.0 were pretty comparable. I actually liked the lighter weight and kick on the 5.5 surprisingly. I just don't know if the spin numbers are good with the 5.5

What iron were you hitting?

Edit.
Judging by numbers 6 iron? If so 5.5 is launching a bit high at 20° and having the highest spin. Not necessarily a terrible thing but those balls could get beaten up b6 the wind

Apex driving iron....

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

GBB driver
GBB heaven wood and divine9
Apex CF16
MD3 wedges

Hmmm

hmmm...I don't know which one I would choose, that's a lie. Recoils are where it's at. Hard to make up distance. Easier to dial in dispersion.

But I don't think that Tour M3 is the right club for you .

hmmm...I don't know which one I would choose, that's a lie. Recoils are where it's at. Hard to make up distance. Easier to dial in dispersion.

Ha. I really want the recoils because they just feel amazing but it was shocking that not even the M3's were that far off line. Not too concerned with distance here as even with the PXi I'm still one club longer than my current 6i length.

I think the craziest number on that picture is the minimum 15 yard increase you got from your current gamer irons!

So I'm considering going to Cool Clubs here in Scottsdale for a new set of clubs. Played a little in my teens and twenties and then pretty much stopped playing for thirty years except for the occasional round every five years or so. A buddy of mine got me back to playing about two and a half years ago and I bought a set of clubs then. Had them fitted at the PGA store but after some lessons I'm sure my swing has changed. The Ping irons were fit to me with a maroon dot which is 4.5 degrees upright. Seems a little high. Now that I've played enough to get my game a little more consistent I'm thinking I'm going to see what a really in depth fitting could do for me. A little busy between now and the end of month so I was thinking of Going just after the 1st.

I think the craziest number on that picture is the minimum 15 yard increase you got from your current gamer irons!

Shocking!!

You think the recoils? I think I would prefer the extra launch at the sacrifice of 4 to 5 yards. The pxi 5.5 would be my choice.

So I'm considering going to Cool Clubs here in Scottsdale for a new set of clubs. Played a little in my teens and twenties and then pretty much stopped playing for thirty years except for the occasional round every five years or so. A buddy of mine got me back to playing about two and a half years ago and I bought a set of clubs then. Had them fitted at the PGA store but after some lessons I'm sure my swing has changed. The Ping irons were fit to me with a maroon dot which is 4.5 degrees upright. Seems a little high. Now that I've played enough to get my game a little more consistent I'm thinking I'm going to see what a really in depth fitting could do for me. A little busy between now and the end of month so I was thinking of Going just after the 1st.

I had a woods fitting at Cool Clubs before the Morgan Cup in 2014 and loved it. The place is a geektopia for golf equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back