The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made absolutely zero sense. That's so Browns of them

That was probably the dumbest play I have ever seen.

I'm still trying to figure out what that was.

Since when did Jim Zorn start calling plays for the Colts.

I'm 99.9% sure, that ball was not supposed to be snapped. Or there was supposed to be a line shift.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Just straight weird

As someone fairly new to the game, I have absolutely no idea what was going on with that Colts play. Anyone wanna enlighten me?

As someone fairly new to the game, I have absolutely no idea what was going on with that Colts play. Anyone wanna enlighten me?
As someone who's watched the game for over 40 years....I have no idea either if thst makes you feel better :D

Please god... I hope that play bought Pagano's one way ticket out of Indy!

Nice slow drive here dont need anymore brady

Luck needs to throw the ball instead of trying to guide it...way too many high passes

Lol at the blocked xp

Is it me or are there just way more flags this year?
I want to say let them just play a little more because a no call is better than a bad, ticky-tack call IMO.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

The only thing I can think of, and the announcers touched on it, was that the play was meant to try and draw the Pats offside, giving them a penalty therefore giving the Colts an automatic 1st down. There had to have been a major miscommunication somewhere, because there is no way they should have hiked that ball.

Offensive pass interference isn't called when the contact happens within one yard of the line of scrimmage. Anyone else not know this? Why wouldn't the offense run a pick play on every 3rd (or 4th) and 1?

Ps…I hate Larry Donnell.

Offensive pass interference isn't called when the contact happens within one yard of the line of scrimmage. Anyone else not know this? Why wouldn't the offense run a pick play on every 3rd (or 4th) and 1?

Ps…I hate Larry Donnell.
Donnell is such a friggen enigma

Larry Donnell and Damontre Moore do their best to give the Eagles all of the momentum.

More ODB need me 13 more points

Larry Donnell and Damontre Moore do their best to give the Eagles all of the momentum.
Driving to go up two scores…oh…sorry, here you go Eagles.

The key is with in a yard. The Broncos were famous for multiple years at getting this done to perfection. Welker ran it better than just about anybody ever. The Packers run it constantly now, and get away with it more than just about any team out there because they are picking after the yard.

The reason it is not done all of the time, is because the zone has been so well designed that a defender does not need to press into that single yard to make it legal and still be able to make a play. Eli Manning is one of the best at making the pass actually, but the staff does not use it much since it backfired a few times last year late, when a team backed off and made the play after the ball was released. It can lead to a pick 6 at times if done poorly.

Hope that helps.

And the Giants can't quarterback sneak for 2 inches? They try to run wide...

You have to love the stretch sweep on 4th and 1.…

Oh silly eli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back