Snell MTB Black and MTB Red

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice video JB

The red seems right up my alley

4pc more spin on approaches - doesn’t that mean it would spin more off the driver too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Admin
Nice video JB

The red seems right up my alley

4pc more spin on approaches - doesn’t that mean it would spin more off the driver too?

Not necessarily. The last few years we have seen a number of technology movements. It used to be low compression equals low spin, but slower. Higher compression equals high spin but faster. So every company was in a race for high compression and speed to be the longest ball. Now, some companies are able to make a low compression ball with speed and a higher compression ball with lower driver spin.

Player dependent of course

It’s good to see the new line up, and that it’s a pretty straightforward line up is awesome. I’ll be getting a sample and checking them out in a few months I’m sure.

Not necessarily. The last few years we have seen a number of technology movements. It used to be low compression equals low spin, but slower. Higher compression equals high spin but faster. So every company was in a race for high compression and speed to be the longest ball. Now, some companies are able to make a low compression ball with speed and a higher compression ball with lower driver spin.

Player dependent of course

Thanks for breaking that down for me - makes sense and means I really need to get these in hand to try

I know Snell has been working on the new ball for a while. I am excited to try the new lineup.

It's done - 2 dz MTB Red in Optic Yellow. Thanks, Dean. Looking forward to playing it.

Will also order a test pack on March 1.

Last edited:
I want a test pack with 2 sleeves of each, that's an awesome new feature! I really think with my current equipment the higher spin Red would work better, but I want to give them both a shot.

I am guessing, based on somewhat limited information at this point, that the Black will be my fit. Certainly interested in trying them both to see which one is truly the best for my game.

Yeah- not sure which one would
Be better suited for me, but I want that yellow ball in my life!

Really eager to try the mixed test pack.

I'm guessing the black would fit me best, but I might order the sample pack to test out when spring comes

I think I'd really get along with that MTB Red.

I love the "no frills" approach from him. I think I will definitely try the red this year.

Not what I expected but I am pleasantly surprised. The Red sounds like a winner. Long off the driver and higher off the scoring irons. Cants wait to get these in the bag.

Nice! I am so glad to see the video and the release. Dean Snell is awesome. Now I need to figure out which one's to order. I wish I could get them before I play Shadow Creek Super Bowl Weekend.

Wow. Same price point as the MTB!!! I just cannot justify playing anything else at a sub $30 price point (I buy the value packs).

I've been waiting for this release! I definitely want to try the trial pack but that Red model really seems fantastic. I need to get an order in and compare to the current MTB.

Really looking forward to the MTB red. Sounds like that would be a good fit, but I'm sure I'll give a black a try as well. Really love the current MTB and played it a lot last year. Glad they're adding some more offerings.

Nice!

Good video. Funny that he had to let us know how cold it was and that he is wearing a hockey shirt, lol.

I’ve enjoyed the MTBs that I’ve played with for the last few months. That MTB Black seems to be calling my name for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sounds like to solid offerings for the fans of the Snell golf balls.

MTB Red looks good without the seam, I will have to give this ball a roll. MTB Black is still sporting a noticeable seam. Is the MTB Black a new ball like the RED or just repurposed MTB original with a softer core? Would have loved to see the seam disappear on this ball as well.

Excited to try the test pack, that is really cool. Snell makes great stuff and gets it with the consumer. Cant help but support a great grass roots company like that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I thought the original MTB spun quite well, so the Red is very intriguing to me. Love that they brought in yellow for those who wanted it as well.

Just ordered a dz.MTB Red in yellow.:banana:Thanks for listening to us yellow ball players Dean!

Back