TX/OU Red River Shootout

I have been once, it is awesome. Can't make it this year but will return. Jank I am going to hit a home in November, you up for a road trip?

TCU?

Naaaa, I'm way over that this year. It's all about having a great weekend regardless of the probable outcome.

I'll definitely be at the fair, Nate... shouldn't have any issues getting tickets, I wouldn't think. Only downside is that I'll need 3 tickets, which is a tough quantity to get. Usually 2 or 4 is the better way to go.

I'll definitely be at the fair, Nate... shouldn't have any issues getting tickets, I wouldn't think. Only downside is that I'll need 3 tickets, which is a tough quantity to get. Usually 2 or 4 is the better way to go.

Oh Jacob, I have so much to teach you. LOL! You will be fine. We are going with 3 too. Look for 3 together but don't pay more $$$ because they are all together. If you find a good deal on 3 then win/win. If not, just look for the best deal you can get on singles or possibly 2 together, doesn't matter. Just get a ticket to get in. Once in you can scan the stadium for sections that have holes and all sit together. I'm sure by halftime you will be able to sit just about anywhere on the UT side. Ha!

We usually pay our way into the fair ($15??) and are usually in by 8:30 - 9:00am, a few hours before kickoff. We grab some beers and start walking around. We'll head to the front area on the UT side and start doing serious looking about 30 minutes before kickoff. Ticket prices outside the fair are usually always more than what people are selling 'em for inside. I'm thinking that this year you should be able to get 3 seats together for $50-70 a piece, cheaper the closer it gets to kickoff. Singles I wouldn't pay more than $40 esp. from fans just trying to get beer money and get into the game. This will be a great year to get in on the cheap.

When are you guys coming up? Friday night? Sat AM? We'll have to meet up either before, during or after the game! You guys taking off right after?

Coming up late Friday and staying in Arlington. Probably get to the fair when the gates open. We'll come back Saturday night sometime.

Coming up late Friday and staying in Arlington. Probably get to the fair when the gates open. We'll come back Saturday night sometime.

Give me a shout on Sat when you get there.

BUQB0FmCAAAtHQB.jpg

5c5dd8ebe66821e4540d4a84304dfd49.jpg

da23fbdc8dcd9690dd5a02a9797bb250.jpg

Can't believe Texas won this year. Unreal

5c5dd8ebe66821e4540d4a84304dfd49.jpg

da23fbdc8dcd9690dd5a02a9797bb250.jpg

Can't believe Texas won this year. Unreal
Great Googly Moogly, you pushed us down and stole our lunch money this year. Great win for Texas and Coach Strong. Well earned.

Hope Jank had a good time.

Lol. I did, for the most part. Actually ended up sitting on the UT side for the first time. Most of the fans were good. Congrats on the win. UT just flat outplayed OU. We had trouble finding tickets, but got in about 5 minutes into the first quarter. Was it just me, or were there not as many tickets being scalped as most years?

Lol. I did, for the most part. Actually ended up sitting on the UT side for the first time. Most of the fans were good. Congrats on the win. UT just flat outplayed OU. We had trouble finding tickets, but got in about 5 minutes into the first quarter. Was it just me, or were there not as many tickets being scalped as most years?

I'll admit, I thought there would be more too but in the end that was about "normal" for that game. We found 'em to be right around $100 to start and then about 30 minutes before kickoff we found a lot of singles. They are so much easier to buy. Bought mine for $50 and the other 2 bought there's for $30. Went down to the 50 and found a section open and that's where we stayed.

Lost my voice come Sunday and I'm still trying to find it. Went to bed about 8pm last night to recover from the full day. Big win for Charlie and it's exactly what he needed. His ship was taking on water fast before that. I was surprised at how Texas seemed to be able to get to Mayfield when called upon. Glad you ended up getting in.

What's good, Nate? All I know is that one team is getting their Motel 6 Cactus Bowl hopes crushed this weekend. We'll see who it is!

What's good, Nate? All I know is that one team is getting their Motel 6 Cactus Bowl hopes crushed this weekend. We'll see who it is!

LOL......is it bad that I'm secretly hoping that Stoops puts up 60 on my Horns this weekend? Of course I would never admit that publicly but it's a thought that I'm deciding on. Nevermind, I don't need to hope about that......they are going to put up 60. I'm glad this was the year I decided to skip the game. Congrats early!

I don't even think I'll watch.

Two ****** teams.

LOL......is it bad that I'm secretly hoping that Stoops puts up 60 on my Horns this weekend? Of course I would never admit that publicly but it's a thought that I'm deciding on. Nevermind, I don't need to hope about that......they are going to put up 60. I'm glad this was the year I decided to skip the game. Congrats early!
Every time you Texas fans congratulate us early, Texas winds up stomping our ass. You can keep your congratulations until AFTER the game this year! :silly:

Obviously pulling for a Sooner win, but honestly winning the Big XII this year is probably going to be something akin to kissing your sister. It's not going to translate into much of anything.

Haha, I've heard "congrats early" the last 2 shootouts I went to. Here's to hoping it's a blowout this year, as well, but I don't see it. If they run Swoopes up the middle every play for 5 yards like last year, UT will win. Also, the "Shootout" in the title is very offensive now, apparently. Can we get it changed to "Showdown"? :D

I don't even think I'll watch.

Two ****** teams.

I'm thankful that I have 3 kiddo soccer games to attend each Saturday now to keep me from watching........

No joke, the Texas defense is 1000% pitiful. I was really hopeful after the first 2 weeks, but now we are seeing a capable offense, with a solid QB and 2 very good RBs, but a defense that probably couldn't stop KU.

I'm thankful that I have 3 kiddo soccer games to attend each Saturday now to keep me from watching........

I may drive down to watch, just to avoid the game.

Skipping the game. I'm crushed lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back