ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Update
THP Review hit the home page and can be found here.
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/mizuno-jpx-ez-driver-review/

In for review is the latest driver offering from Mizuno, the Mizuno JPX-EZ. Set to compliment the JPX 850, Mizuno now offers a driver for the player that needs a little more spin to help them get the best performance for their tee game. This club comes in a single club head design, at 10.5*, however with QUICK SWITCH adjustability you can get 8 different loft settings.

From Mizuno

The JPX EZ is a large footprint, high launching, low spinning driver that is also adjustable. Typically with drivers that have moveable weights, forgiveness is sacrificed.
The JPX EZ driver changes everything. With a simple 3 weight system, the JPX EZ Driver now allows you to dial in your launch trajectory, while maintaining its design for maximum forgiveness.
Tech Talk

• Fast Track: Using a ten gram weight in one of three weight ports (draw, neutral or fade), the JPX EZ offers changes you can instantly notice to dial in ball flight.
  • Massive MOI design: Optimized internal head for weight distribution low and deep in the head to deliver extreme forgiveness and high easy ball flight.
  • QUICK SWITCHTM adjustability: 8 loft settings to dial in launch angle (8.5 – 12.5).
  • Rebound Crown: The engineered crown area eliminates the stiffer area around the clubface, allowing more flex for greater balls speeds and distance.

i-hHqvQGb-L.jpg
  • This driver will be hitting the shelves in early November for a price point of $399

i-WXPMz6p-L.jpg

i-qbVL42g-L.jpg

i-dH92Kf7-L.jpg

i-Bzqrb3M-L.jpg

i-xWNwDqn-L.jpg

i-zkdP98c-L.jpg

i-2qXxt6j-L.jpg

i-bVr3QgV-L.jpg

i-tf92NX8-L.jpg

i-L3kM7BG-L.jpg

i-4BsGm8L-L.jpg

i-BdmhPbJ-L.jpg

i-2Ps3Rwp-L.jpg

i-tqvdfm4-L.jpg

i-k7qWTXc-L.jpg

i-NKkzH8n-L.jpg

i-k7qWTXc-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really dig the looks of this one. More spin is not what I want but this would be a fun hit I'm thinking. A simplified 850 for the masses, if it wasn't a Mizuno driver it might catch on. Hope she works out well for ya Dean.

Best thing they did? Getting rid of the blue crown, mainly because of the durability issues it had for them, when you have to tell customers to not hit the ball higher on the face, you have issues. This though, I hope has remedies that, plus, I think it looks slick.

• Staff
Best thing they did? Getting rid of the blue crown, mainly because of the durability issues it had for them, when you have to tell customers to not hit the ball higher on the face, you have issues. This though, I hope has remedies that, plus, I think it looks slick.

I am hoping it was a paint issue and not a color issue. With the hopes that this paint is more durable(if that makes sense). But that is something that we will certainly keep an eye on.

Could do without the crown graphics, but they are subtle enough to get over. good looking driver overall

Agree completely. That was a terrible situation for the dozens that bought it.
I like the look of this one and its the only driver we have ever received that I have not tested as of yet. Really looking forward to ddec's feedback.

Looks wise, I'd take that blue finish 10x over this one, but durability being the issue that it was, I completely get the decision.

...or they could have found a way to make a durable matte blue. Then I'd be in trouble.

yeah that was a shame, I tought the blue looked great, but the way they answered to that cheap paint was a bummer.

the way the weight ports are designed on this one is interesting, it'll be interesting to know how it works for fitting.

Driver looks great. Interested to hear more about it

I'm generally not the greatest fan of a matte finish with a big driver head, but I like this one quite a bit.

Mizuno is looking really good.

Any chance to see a pic at address?

I do like the looks of this model. Having used Mizuno clubs in the past, they work for me.

I like the look of this. Kind of reminds me of the original XHot a bit with the grey crown and the crown graphics. This looks like one that would be fun to get some swings in with.

I am a fan of the gray, but I don't really like the accents. It sort of cheapens the look IMO

Or very JPX 850y....

mizuno-2015-jpx-850-driver-02_large.jpg

how dare you sir! haha
honestly, they don't really bother me one bit. They are done similarly to xhot series, and they had them on last years driver(pictured by you). I more dislike the alignment aide than I do the other graphics.

That silver crown color is BALLER. I want to hit this for sure, but to date I have never laid hands on a Mizuno wood, because I've never been able to find one.

how dare you sir! haha
honestly, they don't really bother me one bit. They are done similarly to xhot series, and they had them on last years driver(pictured by you). I more dislike the alignment aide than I do the other graphics.

I found it to be set back a bit more than I would like, but I am confident it'll disappear to your eye rather quickly... Not unlike the blue did for me.

I am confident it'll disappear to your eye rather quickly...
This is me. I couldn't even tell you what the crown of my driver looks like.

This is me. I couldn't even tell you what the crown of my driver looks like.

It's one of the most common things I read when a driver comes out that is somewhat unique.... and after hitting just about every driver for the last few years, some for extended periods of time, it's only awkward for a short while before it just makes sense to the eye.

People need to trust their own abilities to adapt to what they are looking down at.

It's one of the most common things I read when a driver comes out that is somewhat unique.... and after hitting just about every driver for the last few years, some for extended periods of time, it's only awkward for a short while before it just makes sense to the eye.

People need to trust their own abilities to adapt to what they are looking down at.

I am not doubting I could get over the look, just first impressions

Looking forward to hearing about this one Dean. I was one that loved the JPX 850 (very under rated driver IMO) This one could appeal to the masses more.

Back