Titleist Vokey SM7 Wedges

Never had a Titleist wedge but they look great. Lots of different grind choices. Would be fun to try one out for sure and see how they compare to the RTX3 that I have.

Good article. I liked the chart that shows the different grinds. I like the way these look but I still have the SM6s and upgrading wedges each and every release isn't in the budget for me. It will be interesting to hear people who have gamed the SM6s and what they think about this release.

I'm loving the M-grind in the jet black finish. I've never had a finish like that. What better way to let my favorite wedge stand out in the bag than that. I'm thinking a 52* M-grind will look great in the bag come March!

Great article JB. Really excited about these ones. Glad to see the price didn't change. The jet black are going to look good with a little paintfill flair!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The looks are typical classic Vokey. I'll probably get around to trying out these wedges and especially interested in the "D" grind.

I'd also think more bounce would be good out of Bermuda grass, right? Or am I wrong on that?

You're asking the wrong guy but I can see that being the case. My J40s (I think the effective bounce on the 58* is 04) seemed to have more a tendency to dig vs the 54* SM6 S Grind.

man the black finish looks badass

Man... I'm usually that guy that buys last year's model wedges new to take advantage of the discount. But I dunno this year. Love the looks of the brushed steel.

I love my SM6 and I don't think I need to upgrade but the new jet black is sexy! All the grinds and shapes look the same to me. except the new "d" grind.

I really enjoyed the SM6 wedges. Looking forward to seeing and trying these in the future, esp the D grind.

I'd like to see them offer the lower lofts with the mass higher. I struggle with flighting down my 54*.

I like the new steel gray. I think all of these look really good.

I love the new finishes especially the Jet Black (1st choice) and steel grey (second) in addition to the awesome number of grinds makes it easy to miz up a set for all playing conditions/shots. Only downside is that these I bet will be $199 (before tax) in Canada which is getting pretty pricey for a wedge. I would like to test them out as always a vokey guy before moving to RTX in 2017.

I'll try the 60* D at some point, that looks good to me since I like the M grinds.

D Grind: The player’s high bounce wedge, the new D Grind offers high measured bounce with the crescent shape of the M Grind for shot making versatility.

P.S. Loving the new look Home page! Plus it's much easier for me to read with bigger font.

The jet black murdered out finish looks awesome. And cool to hear that the tour players inspired that finish

Yeah, these just moved to the top of my list. Jet black looks fantastic.

I haven't played Vokey's in a while, but that jet black finish is sick!!! I'm sure I could find a grind option that would work well out of all those options too.

Tons of information, the brushed steel looks the best to me. But my favorite part is the illustration going over the grinds. I've known about all the different grinds but this is by far the best way I've seen it presented. Thank you for providing this!!!

As someone still playing the original Hopkins wedges, this release is of my full attention. I love the black finish and I love the way the grinds are explained.

I may go:
50° F
54° D
58° K

when titleist thursdays open back up i’ll be testing the sm7s. the grind options look like they have something for everybody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t wait! I pre-ordered my replacement wedges over a month ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Love my black SM6 wedges, but those SM7 jet blacks look sweet!! Well done Titleist!!

I do believe I’ll own the jet blacks, just need to figure out what grinds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back