App to track stats

Gilbertc13

Mizuno Staffer
Reaction score
Handicap
What app do you use to track your stats and why?

I’m looking for an app that isn’t going to cost money or has a low cost, and doesn’t suck all the battery out of my phone. I tried to use the Grint but it just sucked all the life out of my phone. Looking for FIR, GIR, Putts etc

Sent from HTX

Golfshot free version, not perfect but good enough to give a picture if what's going on. No battery issues I'm aware of...

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

i used ushandicap.com, but it was always after-the-fact manual input. arccos is amazing for real-time tracking. i cannot recommend it enough.

GolfMentor is pretty good, but they only let you use it for free for a trial period, then you have to pay for all of the features. I just ran out of freebies so I need something else myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Golfshot free version, not perfect but good enough to give a picture if what's going on. No battery issues I'm aware of...

I just downloaded Golfshot. It looks good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use 18birdies. It tracks the usual stats and let's you set challenges for the group or just yourself.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Be interesting to note which are free and if not how much...

Be interesting to note which are free and if not how much...

18birdies offers a free version and a subscription version.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Some examples of golfshot...
4bef4d0c3b1bc21b7ef57acf1c2da017.jpg
c404ea97251d2b11f2247987333eba8e.jpg
59959d84d04c6f4ddf1476c0677c5280.jpg

I use the Golfpad app, I pay a little extra for the premium that gives me all of the stats that you want as well as a handicap. I suspect any app that you use will use a lot of battery, I carry a small charger with me. I track every shot and putt. It learns your distances and gives you club suggestions. The GPS feature is great giving you distance to the front, middle, and back of the green. The map feature allows you to check out the holes from above and do flyovers. You can also measure the distance to hazards or lay up areas. I really like this app.

+2 for 18 birdies has basics free you can also pay a little for the full stats but the free version has all you need

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

I use the Golfpad app, I pay a little extra for the premium that gives me all of the stats that you want as well as a handicap. I suspect any app that you use will use a lot of battery, I carry a small charger with me. I track every shot and putt. It learns your distances and gives you club suggestions. The GPS feature is great giving you distance to the front, middle, and back of the green. The map feature allows you to check out the holes from above and do flyovers. You can also measure the distance to hazards or lay up areas. I really like this app.
+1 for golfpad

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Swing by Swing here and upgrade to the full for 15/yr. Have used it for quite a while and have never been less than 50% even with poor cell service. Good service I usually have greater than 70% left. Not a lot of phone use on course other than browsing the forum or replying to texts and occasional phone call so can't speak to heavy use other than just that.

18 birdies free version is great

I'm a big fan of the Game Golf app. It's a bit annoying to fiddle with my phone during the round, but I'll deal with it for the type of information it provides.

I used 18 birdies last year and was pleased with the info it kept even for the free version. This year I will be using Arccos

I love Arccos and the data I get, but it definitely isn't free (the app is, but if you want the tags that will cost you) and the battery drain is very significant. But for me it is worthwhile because I use it for GPS and often times when playing a course I am unfamiliar with I can pull out my phone and look at the layout of the hole.

Hopefully they get the device you can put in your pocket soon so no more phone in pocket.

I use the grint with the watch app and have had good success and no battery issues. They just pushed out a big update, not sure if it addresses that. I mainly use it because they have the best web site entry I have found. I just mark it on my card then manually enter after the fact. I did pick up Game Golf this winter when it went on clearance, so I’ll compare again. Just wish game golf had a dark mode on the app. The all white is blinding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Grint. Also gives you a USGA handicap for no charge.

What app do you use to track your stats and why?

I’m looking for an app that isn’t going to cost money or has a low cost, and doesn’t suck all the battery out of my phone. I tried to use the Grint but it just sucked all the life out of my phone. Looking for FIR, GIR, Putts etc

Sent from HTX

If you use The Grint during the round with GPS turned off you shouldn't have any issues with battery life. I've been using it primarily the last 2 years and really enjoy it.

Arccos is definitely not free, and it's much more than just stat tracking, but I'd still suggest checking it out. I can go a whole round without touching my phone (or anything else like tags) and I have all the data I could want and much more. It does eat battery (about 10% per 9 holes for my iPhone), but as long as you don't go golfing with a low battery then it's ok. I've tried various apps in the past and I always drop them because I don't want to deal with it during the round.

Free version of GolfLogix. Simple and ease to use.

Swing by Swing here and upgrade to the full for 15/yr. Have used it for quite a while and have never been less than 50% even with poor cell service. Good service I usually have greater than 70% left. Not a lot of phone use on course other than browsing the forum or replying to texts and occasional phone call so can't speak to heavy use other than just that.

I agree that Swing x Swing is decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back