Are You a Raw Fan?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Lots of wedges are done raw now. Are you a fan?

Omg I thought this was a wrestling thread haha.

While I do prefer the raw look to shiny in wedges, I am more a of black or dark finish guy.

Sure. Nice change of pace. I would be playing all raw wedges right now, but that plan fell through.

I really like the raw offerings.

Not so much, I prefer the black or brushed metal look.

Oh, I thought this was a WWE question... I like dark colors in wedges but not crazy about going in the bunker raw.

I don’t know that it actually makes any difference in performance but my eyes are sensitive to bright light and glare so I chose to go raw with the MD4 because the chrome was just too shiny. The patina that is forming on them even after 1 week is really helping to dull down the finish.

I just thought it was a better choice for me than buying a black LH 56 and bending it 2 degrees strong to be a 54.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really a fan but for no good reason.

Not at all, don't like the look.

I picked up a 60* RTX 3.0 raw brand new a couple years ago and it won't rust...nothing at all on it. I still prefer black wedges though.

I do like RAW wedges- i like all of the finishes TBH

It's definitely my favorite finish. It creates a unique finish over time that is really cool to see.

Nope, can’t handle rust

Not really. Shiny chrome wedges and even the new black wedges catch my eye.

Love the raw look when new but not when they get rusty.

Lots of wedges are done raw now. Are you a fan?

I played a set of Dynacraft TS Carbon Steel wedges that rusted up nicely. I still have a set that have never been built. I might put them in play one day, ya never know.

Not at all, rust is not attractive to me.

My previous wedges had the raw finish but I went with the tour satin on the RTX 3.0s I picked up recently.

I picked up a 60* RTX 3.0 raw brand new a couple years ago and it won't rust...nothing at all on it. I still prefer black wedges though.

I have been gaming the same wedges this entire season and no rusting really at all. I use them a lot and play 2-3 times a week with practice. They just will not rust which is really disappointing

Love the raw look when new but not when they get rusty.

The rusty look is what I’m after

I used to prefer the matte black color on wedges until I saw @TheLetterSee's Tour Raw RTX-3 and fell in love. They look amazing up close.

I love the way they look once they have aged, but have never owned a raw wedge.

The sentiment may be different after having one in my bag, and being unable to make it look clean.

I do not enjoy the look of rusty wedges. I do not understand the appeal of having a club in the bag that looks like it was left outside last winter.

My favorite looking irons ever were the Adams MB2 which were raw irons. Love that raw rusty look.

Back