2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god I'm away for a few days and the guy who trolls every other thread finally found his way in here....great lol.

I think Joe will be juuuuuuuust fine. Maybe squatting in crocs could help tho

1ad34ccff13102bdfe3dbcfbc3ed8eb4.jpg

Hanging out in the gym waiting for my wife to come w/ my clothes. Had to head here straight from work.

Deadlifts, pull-ups and heavy swings on the docket today.

Oh god I'm away for a few days and the guy who trolls every other thread finally found his way in here....great lol.

I think Joe will be juuuuuuuust fine. Maybe squatting in crocs could help tho
I will give Meat the benefit out the doubt. If he can give specific explanation why my knees are in danger. I'm generally curious why he's concerned and what his understanding of the specific considerations of the Starting Strength squat model.

Hanging out in the gym waiting for my wife to come w/ my clothes. Had to head here straight from work.

That's a good looking gym right there.

That's a good looking gym right there.

It's in an old mill. The only downside is that it's like the old Boston Garden. You need to know what parts of the floor aren't flat.

I will give Meat the benefit out the doubt. If he can give specific explanation why my knees are in danger. I'm generally curious why he's concerned and what his understanding of the specific considerations of the Starting Strength squat model.
I won't be holding my breath. Anyways, moving on lol. I love the winter months for training. I feel like working on a secret project that's waiting to be unveiled in spring.

Awesome setup! So many curl stations!

I won't be holding my breath. Anyways, moving on lol. I love the winter months for training. I feel like working on a secret project that's waiting to be unveiled in spring.

I'm the same way. I love working out in season too, but I don't feel like I'm wasting great weather missing a twilight 9 or something. Feel like I can just dig in and get work done.

d0024e72a9d97ce9256fee65e63720ad.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
That is very true. Oh so true. It's important how to master the "Can I work in" move and then just put the bar up and load up some squats.
Awesome setup! So many curl stations!
I love that joke.

That is very true. Oh so true. It's important how to master the "Can I work in" move and then just put the bar up and load up some squats.

I love that joke.
Honestly ill admit ive never actually seen anyone doing it personally but it seems like every single person ive talked to has on multiple occasions lol. Not sure what I'd even say

Honestly ill admit ive never actually seen anyone doing it personally but it seems like every single person ive talked to has on multiple occasions lol. Not sure what I'd even say
I just stand noticeably close and stare while holding my belt

I use a 3 ply spud belt. It is velcro and have never had an issue with it coming undone. A lot of guys I know only use it to deadlift but I use mine on all the lifts with no issue.
I have never used a lever belt so I can't comment on that. I agree that fighting the 2 prong belts can be frustrating at times.

Thanks. I wasn't to concerned about it coming undone, just looking for people's thoughts.

I could talk way too much about belts. I have three different belts. For most people on this board, any belt of a consistent diameter will suffice. The best velcro belts on the market are Spud Belts. Contraband makes a very good velcro belt that's pretty darn affordable.

I was looking at the spud belt for Velcro and the lever one was an inzer

Thanks. I wasn't to concerned about it coming undone, just looking for people's thoughts.

I was looking at the spud belt for Velcro and the lever one was an inzer
Spud has a lever style as well. It isn't cheap, but it has to be good. I'm not sure on the width however.

I saw one the other night. And he wasn't interested in letting anyone work in.

There is a big difference between a squat rack and a power rack. I work, almost exclusively out of a power rack for the main lifts. If somebody is curling in the power rack and I have to wait for them, I say something. My politeness depends on if they look like they should know better.

Thats hilarious and something that would definitely piss me off lol. People are awesome

Deadlifts tonight. I'm going to hook grip them again. Let's see where this gets me.

Still waiting on a certain someone to google proper form and school you on it
Now that's funny, like someone could ever out Google you 2

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Not going to pull punches, I don't agree with much of this. Specifically the set up.

I also did deadlifts tonight and I'm going to be sore tomorrow. The set up in that video was crazy narrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also did deadlifts tonight and I'm going to be sore tomorrow. The set up in that video was crazy narrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In my opinion, narrow isn't bad. heels 6" apart and toes slightly flared is usually a good place to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back