Oban Hashimoto - Review Thread

Had to come in and read about this one after I saw photos in the Blind Grab thread. Sounds like it could be a great combo with the GBB.

Nice mention of THP and #TheGrandaddy in the oban podcast on callaway

I love the sleek simplicity of this design. It is really nice.

Pretty excited that we are giving one of these away this week.

Got to finally put this in my GBB and put some swings on it. I was fit to the Rogue I/O 70S which is low launch/low spin, so the Hashimoto in theory should keep the low spin but increase the launch, and I saw that today. Icey can attest but I was hitting some straight up bombs with this setup, just high with a little bit of left to right movement. When I'd go back to the Rogue, I was seeing the lower ball flight I expected. Once I got the APW of my GBB positioned where I needed it for this shaft I was consistently seeing a nice high fade that carried a long ways. At this point I don't have a lot of comments on the "feel", but the results were phenomenal. Having swapped it with my Rogue several times, I have to say this will be my gamer long term. It work so well, and visually looks so good paired with my GBB.

Holy cow this shaft rocks, not only was it awesome watching Neb crush this in his GBB today, but he let me play it in his XR and I loved it, better height than the handcrafted and felt amazing.

Not only does it look bad A$$ with it's blacked out style, but it truly performs, I can see how this will be popular with the masses.

I can't wait to give this thing a few more swings after xmas.

I should be taking mine out to the course tomorrow. Excited to get a few swings with this in my GBB head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should be taking mine out to the course tomorrow. Excited to get a few swings with this in my GBB head.

I think I'll play mine tomorrow as well.

Got to finally put this in my GBB and put some swings on it. I was fit to the Rogue I/O 70S which is low launch/low spin, so the Hashimoto in theory should keep the low spin but increase the launch, and I saw that today. Icey can attest but I was hitting some straight up bombs with this setup, just high with a little bit of left to right movement. When I'd go back to the Rogue, I was seeing the lower ball flight I expected. Once I got the APW of my GBB positioned where I needed it for this shaft I was consistently seeing a nice high fade that carried a long ways. At this point I don't have a lot of comments on the "feel", but the results were phenomenal. Having swapped it with my Rogue several times, I have to say this will be my gamer long term. It work so well, and visually looks so good paired with my GBB.

What sort of adjustments did you have to make to the APW?

What sort of adjustments did you have to make to the APW?
I don't know if it was a swing issue or a change due to shaft, but in Cali when I was hitting my rogue, I had the APW all the way to draw and was seeing a straight flight. When I put in the Oban, I was actually hooking the ball so moved the APW between draw and fade and was seeing a straight to slight fade ball flight.

Oban Hashimoto - Review Thread

Today's round with this shaft provided so much confidence. The unique feel this one has is hard to describe. I have never played an Oban shaft before so I don't have one to compare to, but based on my history with driver shafts this has the feel/launch to me of a Matrix Red Tie and the spin of the Black Tie.

The Hashimoto shaft is advertised as high launch with low spin & while the launch is there, it's not something I would consider it high. In terms of low spin it is that and I like that. I have this paired with the BBA 816 DBD 9* set to +1|D & I was hitting some of my best drives I've hit in a long time. I played a course that I normally play and I was in spots off the tee that were a good 10-15 yards further than what I normal see on my second shots. I hit a few drives that had a left to right ball flight and I didn't see the spin I've seen with other shaft offerings. The ball flight was more of a cut/fade than a fade/slice.

The weight is perfect for me. I have gamed lighter weighted shafts but this one at 65gm fits me well. It doesn't feel heavy at all even with the 816 DBD head. I also pulled the NDMC grip that came with it and put on a uTX Acid Green. Aesthetically this looks a lot better IMO.

47f43201e9eca0993d12dd67cd7e94b3.jpg

That acid green looks siiiiick with that Oban. I have some golf lined up this week so im looking forward to adding more thoughts in here

O man, i picked up an acid green UTX for my Oban as well and it looks sick! Can't wait till January until I get out and play again. I haven't even got to hit my Oban yet!

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a good day with the Oban today Mike. Glad to here you are seeing impressive results.
Looking forward to seeing your thoughts going forward with this.

That is one sexy piece of eye candy, glad to see you enjoying the performance as well

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Got in another round of golf with this shaft in my GBB. I was seeing nice high launch and straight ball flight (normal for me) with this shaft. Hit some really good ones today. Can't wait to actually get to a range to compare to the shaft I was fit for (Speeder 665 Evo), but until then I see no reason not to keep it in my driver. Can't argue with fairways and good ball flight.

Was able to sneak in some range time before it got dark and I had my sc100 with me. I waited too long to hit driver and the sc100 ended up dying towards the end of the session but I was able to see some really nice results. One thing I figured out right away is I need to loft down with the Oban to get the distance I want along with the ball flight I want. With the Rogue I/O I have it set at 10* and saw carry distances averaging 270 and in this weather I'm more than ok with that. But once I switched to the Oban and kept it at 10* the carry dropped in the 260's. Once I took the driver loft down to 8* I saw the ball flight I wanted and carry back in the mid 270's. I guess the lesson I learned today is this is definitely a high launch shaft and the low spin is perfect for me. One thing I'm questioning is the actual weight. Maybe I'm not used to changing shafts out so frequently but I can really feel a difference in my swing with the two shafts and there's only a 5g difference. Maybe I'm underestimating the effect that 5g can have on a swing but something is telling me it's more.

Was able to sneak in some range time before it got dark and I had my sc100 with me. I waited too long to hit driver and the sc100 ended up dying towards the end of the session but I was able to see some really nice results. One thing I figured out right away is I need to loft down with the Oban to get the distance I want along with the ball flight I want. With the Rogue I/O I have it set at 10* and saw carry distances averaging 270 and in this weather I'm more than ok with that. But once I switched to the Oban and kept it at 10* the carry dropped in the 260's. Once I took the driver loft down to 8* I saw the ball flight I wanted and carry back in the mid 270's. I guess the lesson I learned today is this is definitely a high launch shaft and the low spin is perfect for me. One thing I'm questioning is the actual weight. Maybe I'm not used to changing shafts out so frequently but I can really feel a difference in my swing with the two shafts and there's only a 5g difference. Maybe I'm underestimating the effect that 5g can have on a swing but something is telling me it's more.

I'm right there with you Phil. I had this dialed up to +2 based on my fitting and I noticed it was launching way higher than I was used to. Once I got back home I dialed it down to 10* and I've been hitting some of the best drives I've hit in a long time. I know a lot of that has to do with the head, but the bend profile on this one suits me well. The weight is perfect and it's not too stiff where I don't feel like I can load it. Overall i'm hapy and I am pretty sure its set up perfect right now for me.

That shaft looks so bad a#$e. Not sure if any of you can but just wondering how this shaft would compare to the Daimana D+ 60g?

Sorry, I was unable to get the Trackman results comparing the purple Oban vs the Hashimoto due to how he set up the user. Although, I did play 9 holes today with the Hashimoto in the rain and only missed one fairway. The flight and distance seemed really good and I felt very confident with using the driver. Bad news for my purple Oban!

That shaft looks so bad a#$e. Not sure if any of you can but just wondering how this shaft would compare to the Daimana D+ 60g?

In January I will be able to tell you against the 70g diamana. I am excited to compare because the diamana and me get along really well.

In January I will be able to tell you against the 70g diamana. I am excited to compare because the diamana and me get along really well.

Look forward to the feedback. I doubt i will ever see this shaft here in NZ but will still be interested in your thoughts.

Back