Oban Hashimoto - Review Thread

Looks like these have hit the callaway website recently for a $300 upcharge. Yesterday was difficult to tell how i was hitting the ball. The sim was iffy at best So i can only comment on the feel through the swing but i will say that there is a softer kick right after impact which is really enjoyable. I dont feel like i need to jump on a swing to get the ball flight i want to see either. I cant want to get this back outside. Man i need to move south

Looks like these have hit the callaway website recently for a $300 upcharge. Yesterday was difficult to tell how i was hitting the ball. The sim was iffy at best So i can only comment on the feel through the swing but i will say that there is a softer kick right after impact which is really enjoyable. I dont feel like i need to jump on a swing to get the ball flight i want to see either. I cant want to get this back outside. Man i need to move south

That is really similar to what I am seeing.

Definitely and extremely smooth little kick to it for me as well. Im honestly most infatuated with the feel moreso than anything else. It's launching nicely for me and on the monitor I was right in the 14 range with it and spinning around 3100 rpm. That said, the weather is crampibg my style here and I haven't got a ton of on course time with it yet.

How does this compare to the other set up I am currently playing. I am thinking about pulling the trigger on this shaft but want to now it is lose to my gamer.
Definitely and extremely smooth little kick to it for me as well. Im honestly most infatuated with the feel moreso than anything else. It's launching nicely for me and on the monitor I was right in the 14 range with it and spinning around 3100 rpm. That said, the weather is crampibg my style here and I haven't got a ton of on course time with it yet.

How does this compare to the other set up I am currently playing. I am thinking about pulling the trigger on this shaft but want to now it is lose to my gamer.
To the 590? Much more fluid sensation through impact, in my opinion. There was actually a touch more spin for me here, launch though was similar. Would have to hit them head to head on the monitor to really nail it down for yiy Pandaman. I'll say though, my dispersion is a bit better here when in hit them side by side on the course but that's a swing thing for sure.

To the 590? Much more fluid sensation through impact, in my opinion. There was actually a touch more spin for me here, launch though was similar. Would have to hit them head to head on the monitor to really nail it down for yiy Pandaman. I'll say though, my dispersion is a bit better here when in hit them side by side on the course but that's a swing thing for sure.
Sounds like a solid option. I'll have to put the 590 and this against each other in a couple weeks at the Tampa Testing. Thanks for the fee back.

Sounds like a solid option. I'll have to put the 590 and this against each other in a couple weeks at the Tampa Testing. Thanks for the fee back.

i'm hoping to do the same! this shaft sounds pretty perfect for what i like.

It does seem to have all the things I "think" I need, there is a great deal on these for $299 with adapter of your choice and grip either 55 or 65. But I hope to get a swing or two with it also in Tampa if possible before committing the funds.

It does seem to have all the things I "think" I need, there is a great deal on these for $299 with adapter of your choice and grip either 55 or 65. But I hope to get a swing or two with it also in Tampa if possible before committing the funds.

If I were you I would buy directly from Oban and not from eBay

Thanks to a certain Grandaddy alum I will be getting the chance to play around with this for a month or two. Looking forward to adding some feedback.

It is from a real dealer called Fairway Jockey, they are selling the real thing (to my knowledge and I am going to try and get proof) I bought quite a lot from them with no issues at all. They are a high end custom shaft dealer with just about all brands.

If I were you I would buy directly from Oban and not from eBay

It is from a real dealer called Fairway Jockey, they are selling the real thing (to my knowledge and I am going to try and get proof) I bought quite a lot from them with no issues at all. They are a high end custom shaft dealer with just about all brands.

But at the same price why chance it?

I'm intrigued with what I'm reading about this shaft, especially about the feel. It's definitely on the pricey side when you look at the upcharge, but I've played my current driver going on 3 seasons, so if it works best for me, might be worth the outlay.

Just to confirm things, Fairway Jockey is a registered OBAN Dealer so all is legit if dealing with them.

But at the same price why chance it?

Just to confirm things, Fairway Jockey is a registered OBAN Dealer so all is legit if dealing with them.

Glad this will work out for you. When will you have in hand? Hey, I thought the wife said no more clubs?! Hehe

I have not ordered it yet, pondering right now.

Emart is sending me down the Grandura to try out so I am going to wait and see how that plays, it is a completely different profile so it will be interesting to see if I can play it.

Last edited:
I ordered my DBD last week and went with the Hashimoto. I haven't hit an Oban shaft that I didn't like. Love my 915 D4, but from what I have been reading I might have a new favorite. Can't get here soon enough.

I played 30 holes with the Hashimoto last week and had some quick feedback.

It feels superb, responsive while maintaining a very controlled feel. Coming from the LZ Handcrafted it feels more stable in the midsection as it should. I dont get any loss of control. From a tip and a feel at impact it feels good. Ballflight is much more direct and piercing, but it climbs to apex well. I was getting much better dispersion but I am not ready to credit that to the shaft yet as I had just had a lesson and was working on ballflight.

It's firmly in the bag for now thanks to Harvmp28 and look forward to more reps with it and some actual comparison against my HZRDUS.

It feels superb, responsive while maintaining a very controlled feel. Coming from the LZ Handcrafted it feels more stable in the midsection as it should. I dont get any loss of control. From a tip and a feel at impact it feels good. Ballflight is much more direct and piercing, but it climbs to apex well. I was getting much better dispersion but I am not ready to credit that to the shaft yet as I had just had a lesson and was working on ballflight.

It's firmly in the bag for now thanks to Harvmp28 and look forward to more reps with it and some actual comparison against my HZRDUS.

Sounds great so far! I'm jealous, but at the same time I'm really glad the shaft is getting used and reviewed in a warm part of the country for a few months instead of sitting inside at my house gazing outside at the frozen tundra! Thanks again and looking forward to hearing more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward you your comparisons. This alongside Grandura and HZRDUS are very high on my list

Looking forward you your comparisons. This alongside Grandura and HZRDUS are very high on my list

I have an adapter coming in so I can get my Grandura 590 into my DBD as well.

Good thoughts Fupy.

It's crazy we have the same shaft and both are getting great results despite having two polar opposite swings.

From a "kick" perspective can you comment how it felt? Comparing it to the Grandura 530 it had a little more kick at the tip, but nothing that was crazy or make you have a negative feeling at impact

I cannot wait for some decent weather, I have only been to the range once since GD and it was miserable

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Good thoughts Fupy.

It's crazy we have the same shaft and both are getting great results despite having two polar opposite swings.

From a "kick" perspective can you comment how it felt? Comparing it to the Grandura 530 it had a little more kick at the tip, but nothing that was crazy or make you have a negative feeling at impact

How did it compare to your 530 flight wise?

How did it compare to your 530 flight wise?

I played my Grandura in my GBB so not an apples to Apple comparison, but it seems to be the same if not a touch higher. Even being advertised as s high launch/low spin shaft, I'm not seeing any ballooning or unusually high tee shots that aren't user error. I like to see a mid launch ball flight and the Hashimoto appeals to my eye off the tee

Back