Do you ever wear a t-shirt to the range?

Don't understand why it would make a difference. I wear T-shirt, shorts and sandals ninety percent of the time I play. Cold last week so I wore jeans. Most courses I play are out in the country. Can't figure out what clothes have to do with hitting a golf ball. To me golf is an athletic activity not a social event.

At the local range (driving only) I have no problem with a tee. They serve beer too! :act-up: If I go to a local course where they have an area for short game work as well, then I will put on a golf shirt.

JM

Off-course range I'll wear a t-shirt, but if it's connected to a club then collared shirt is worn.
This is my mentality, and it makes sense since we live in the same part of the country.

It feels weird to do that so I always wear something with a collar when I go.

At my local course they are on top of people having a collard shirt. Now I throw on a polo and still show up in my gym shorts and have no problem. I do have some nice gym shorts though.

I must live in "red neck alley". My home course sells collar-less shirts and tee shirts......

Man I'm thankful to live in rural Indiana.

All the time...never at a course though.

I'll wear jeans and a t-shirt to the range either at a course or just a range. Noone at the course has said anything to me so I don't see a problem with it. If I'm going to actually be playing the course I wear a Polo shirt.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

This is my mentality, and it makes sense since we live in the same part of the country.

It helps that there are plenty of ranges not attached to courses around here.

I don't really have a problem with it, though I usually just wear a polo.

I have many times. Especially in the summer months . I am also in good with the guys who run my club, so they don't care.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I wear t-shirts all the time to the range; there are 3 that I go to that are not associated with a course, if I show up in a t-shirt and nice shorts I'm dressed nicer than a lot of the other golfers there.

When I go to the course at my local muni, I tend to wear a collared shirt but I've been more than a few times and hit balls next to guys in jeans and threadbare t-shirts and no one blinked at them.

It depends on where I'm going. If I'm going to a course then I'll wear whatever the dress code is (variable on time of year at some courses here) If it's the place that's just a range then it's whatever I happen to have on. Assuming I've remembered to put pants on before I leave the house. :shame:

There are usually two scenarios where I visit the range.

One, is to just go to a range and practice. It usually just a stand alone range and I'll wear a t shirt and some gym shorts.

Two, is to warm up before my round at the course. I would wear golf clothing in this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used to but now the range is at the club I belong to so I wear proper golf attire now

The 2-3 range is frequent are just ranges so there are times I do. The grass range I use is at a course and there proper attire is req'd
I think we go to the same places

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I normally wear a polo to anything golf related, so I rarely wear a t shirt to the range. However, it would be 100% acceptable at my course/range

I wear a polo every time I go out. It doesn't matter if its to the rage at the course or the local late night range. It helps me with practicing the motions. As dumb as that may sound.

A golf shirt, pair of golf pants and golf shoes everytime no matter where I practice. I like to practice in what I play in. And if I don't wear my spikes I'm a little shorter and it affects my lie angle.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

At my home course the range is public so you will get people turning up in jeans and t-shirt (which I will tend to do if I am not playing a round) and others in golf attire

If I am playing a round and warming up then obviously I will have my 'proper' golf clothing on, but I have been to the range in t-shirts before if I just want to hit a few balls

The one thing that I always wear at the range is my golf shoes though as I never feel completely comfortable wearing trainers

I certainly have worn tee shirts to ranges growing up in Wisconsin. My club now requires belts and golf shirts that must be tucked in and I follow the rules.

If going to the range at a club, then I'll be in full golf attire. The local range is just a field with a shed, so no need for it there.

Although 90% of the shirts I wear now are golf polos outside of work, so not often it would be a problem anyway.

Do you ever wear a t-shirt to the range?

Normally I do not, but the range I frequent is in proximity to my office, so I'm usually in business casual anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back