Review: Bandon Dunes Golf Resort

If I could do my first trip again I'd replay the same course the same day. I didn't do that and it took me a couple of trips to "get" the courses. With four full days you should be able to pull it off ... and still play Preserve for free on the middle - non travel days - if your bodies can handle it.

Frank, that was the best write-up/review i have ever read for Bandon. It was on my bucket list now its at the top of my bucket list! Thank you so much for taking the time to do such an in depth review.

Really liked the George story and all of the goodies that are on the course.

Using Tapatalk
Thanks, buddy, I really appreciate it. I really wanted to do the most comprehensive Bandon review I could. It makes me happy to see people coming back to the review and using it for their trips :)

Oh man, "George"... We were sitting at breakfast one morning and he was talking up a very nice but slightly elderly waitress. I tried to eat while enduring stories about her (grand)children and health and weather from her home town, all part of his long shot attempt to get lucky. I remember asking a mutual friend "dude, what the hell" and he just shrugged his shoulders and said "It's George". Then the 18 year old hottie on the last morning and all he cared bout was the cart. We still give him crap and laugh about that :)

Thanks again Frank!

Amazing posts Tequila. Really helped me.

I've made a promise to myself that I'll visit Bandon in 2015 or 2016. Just need to get the right crew together.

One of our playing partners pulled it left into the ocean number 12 (?), a par 3, yesterday. The caddie looks at the rest of us and says "everything right of that is North America."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update to the advice on air travel - Eugene apparently isn't the guaranteed destination I thought it was. My buddy's flight was delayed 5 hours due to fog.

One of our playing partners pulled it left into the ocean number 12 (?), a par 3, yesterday. The caddie looks at the rest of us and says "everything right of that is North America."

That wasn't Jughead (Juggy) was it?

I know this thread has been around a while but I just got to reading it. Good stuff. T4k. Thanks

Great review... best I've read on Bandon.

Now if I can get at least one other soul to brave January...

Seeing this bump just renews my desire to go. Place looks just unreal.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Seeing this bump just renews my desire to go. Place looks just unreal.

I have been feeling just so so about this years January trip. I re-read my own review and started getting fired up. I don't know that I can do it but it would be sweet if some of us could join DrRosenRosen down there this Jan/Feb.

I have been feeling just so so about this years January trip. I re-read my own review and started getting fired up. I don't know that I can do it but it would be sweet if some of us could join DrRosenRosen down there this Jan/Feb.
I really hope it can happen...a couple PNW THPers at Bandon would be beyond amazing!

Just booked my flight for Bandon this summer. Is it too early to be getting excited about it??!! #213Days

Just booked my flight for Bandon this summer. Is it too early to be getting excited about it??!! #213Days
Excellent! Where are you flying into? You guys using caddies?

Excellent! Where are you flying into? You guys using caddies?

Seattle. Chambers 1st. Pumpkin Ridge 2nd then Bandon. I will be taking full advantage of the caddies the whole way through!

Seattle. Chambers 1st. Pumpkin Ridge 2nd then Bandon. I will be taking full advantage of the caddies the whole way through!
Sounds like a heck of a trip!

That's an amazing line up of courses!

Gonna be fun!!!

Oh my! Bandon is on my list to play so bad. I am hoping to make it out early 2016

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Yep. Going for the third time beginning of April. Awesome trip. Maybe this time I will like old Mac.

Wow, just read through all the reviews contained in here. Great job Frank!

I made it to Bandon during the first week of February in 2014. All I can say is it is amazing. Over 5 days we only had rain for about 1 hour total and the highs were around 53-55. Pacific Dunes and Old Macdonald were my favorite courses...but all of them are very nice. We warmed up on the par 3 which was very fun. We were able to get in two rounds per day...even during that time of the year.

I made it to Bandon during the first week of February in 2014. All I can say is it is amazing. Over 5 days we only had rain for about 1 hour total and the highs were around 53-55. Pacific Dunes and Old Macdonald were my favorite courses...but all of them are very nice. We warmed up on the par 3 which was very fun. We were able to get in two rounds per day...even during that time of the year.
when are you coming back?

Nice write up. I definitely would love to play there. Day dreaming again...

Back