TaylorMade M1 Driver Review Thread

Watching a replay of today's round of the Franklin Templeton shoot out, Gary Woodland a Callaway staffer is gaming the M1..

Gary Woodland is not a Callaway staffer anymore. His contract ran through the 2015 season.

Gary Woodland is not a Callaway staffer anymore. His contract ran through the 2015 season.
Hmm... I think I accidentally made a Gary Woodland comment during the woods equipment tour... now I'm embarrassed.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Either way he is still wearing Calaway Hat, Bag and all the other clubs appeared to be callaway. I wonder if he will sign with taylormade. The one drive I saw him hit after I noticed was long and in the weeds.. :)

After having the M1 for awhile with the KK Tini 60 in it I decided I could do better and have been playing with shaft combos a little. I tried out a Fuji Pro 70 x-stiff and it was better for me than the KK and one I'll keep as a backup. Then I got an Aldila RIP Phenom 50 and it turned this thing into a beast for me! Maybe I'm just more confident with the RIP series shafts, I love the one in my Cobra Amp 5W too, but it just works for me. When I get more time on the range I'll swap them in and out some more just to make sure it's not just my swing for today as I only hit the Fuji and the RIP today.

M1 meets E6.

044fa6c1-82d6-4710-bf6b-8ccc63acdc75_zpsd9urd12y.png

Anyone order an M1 recently? If so, how long did it take to arrive. I ordered mine last Sunday from Golf Galaxy since they didn't have the lefty in stock and it's going to be shipped to my house but I wasn't given any indication how long it would take to arrive. I'm sure the holidays throw it off a couple of days but it was a stock configuration I ordered so I'm thinking it will probably arrive this week unless there is some major backlog I'm not aware of.

Love it. Looks absolutely mashed. Go Pro?

Nope, just an iPhone 6. Recorded it in video mode and slowed it down and got that frame shot.

Well its been a few months since I got the M1 and I am still liking this club. I lost three weeks to a back injury but am back playing again. My ave drive with the club according to game golf is 241, that's with a low of 180 and high of 281. My last round ave was 252 with a long drive of 273. I am hitting about 56% of fairways but most of my misses (minus an occasional stray) are not far off the fairway. Ave drive with my SLDR was 225 and about 40% fairways but a lot more stray shots with the SLDR.. I would recommend this club to anyone. I bought the fairways as well but I just don't think they are much better than any other OEM fairways. I actually went back to my Heaven wood and removed the M1 5 wood for now. I think the GBB fairways are easier to hit, IMO.

Yesterday I did my normal "hit the m1 at a golfsmith so I can remember how awesome of a club it is" and again this club was just stupid good. Haven't swung a club in about a month and my swing speed was way down but I was still putting it out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting mine today! Gonna figure out the settings on the range, any rec starting for 95mph swing?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Getting mine today! Gonna figure out the settings on the range, any rec starting for 95mph swing?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
It's more than just SS for the settings. Start it out with weight slid back and heel toe weight set center. Then just play with it on the range. If flight is to high slide weight forward a little and try again. If ball is going left or right then slide the heel to weight to help with that.
This driver is fun to tinker with on the range

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hey guys, new member here. I just picked up an M1 with the Aldila Rogue silver shaft. This shaft was launching lower than I like to see so I picked up a KK silver shaft and that isn't much, if any better. The Rogue silver is marketed as a low launch shaft and the KK silver a mid launch shaft.

Have any of you found these two shafts to launch very similar as I have? I have a guy on one of the other sites who wants to trade his Rogue Black for my Rogue silver which I think I'm going to do. I have a GBB 815 alpha with an Aldila Tour Blue shaft in it and I launch that substantially higher, maybe even a touch too high.

Thanks for your input!

Hey guys, new member here. I just picked up an M1 with the Aldila Rogue silver shaft. This shaft was launching lower than I like to see so I picked up a KK silver shaft and that isn't much, if any better. The Rogue silver is marketed as a low launch shaft and the KK silver a mid launch shaft.

Have any of you found these two shafts to launch very similar as I have? I have a guy on one of the other sites who wants to trade his Rogue Black for my Rogue silver which I think I'm going to do. I have a GBB 815 alpha with an Aldila Tour Blue shaft in it and I launch that substantially higher, maybe even a touch too high.

Thanks for your input!

Thanks for your input!

Thanks for your input!

Idk your launch numbers, but I thought the M1 had a track to fine tune your loft settings. But I would see the need to have 2 shafts that are giving you the same numbers so I'd probably go ahead and make the trade.

Idk your launch numbers, but I thought the M1 had a track to fine tune your loft settings. But I would see the need to have 2 shafts that are giving you the same numbers so I'd probably go ahead and make the trade.

No launch numbers so my data is based strictly on my eye during a couple of trips to the range. I have the spin weight set to highest setting.

No launch numbers so my data is based strictly on my eye during a couple of trips to the range. I have the spin weight set to highest setting.

Well perhaps someone will chime in with experience using those that's. In my opinion though, I don't see the need having two shafts giving you the same numbers.

I also don't know much about the drivers adjustability, I haven't swung or even looked at a club since September. But can you loft it up the. Slide your weight forward.

I will say this, during my driver fitting last year, I was really surprised what optimal launch actually looks like. I was playing a 10.5* driver with a mid launch shaft, and I got fit into a 7.5* driver with a mid launch shaft but 15g heavier.

Thanks for your input!

Rogue Black and Tour Blue should both launch higher than Rogue Silver. See the Aldila fitting chart at www.aldila.com. Not sure how the KK Silver compares.

Rogue Black and Tour Blue should both launch higher than Rogue Silver. See the Aldila fitting chart at www.aldila.com. Not sure how the KK Silver compares.

Yes, I understand the Aldila shafts fairly well. I just don't understand how the KK silver launches so low for a "mid launch" shaft.

Yes, I understand the Aldila shafts fairly well. I just don't understand how the KK silver launches so low for a "mid launch" shaft.

Have you tried adjusting the loft at all?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back