Snickerdog

Team THP 2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Is anyone a fan of liver and onions? We ate it as kids and wasn't the most favorite thing but not horrible either. I will on occasion eat it now.

You can ruin liver by overcooking it. Hot pan, oil and just get some colour on it. On a side, sauteed onion and bacon. Mashed potatoes. One option to vary the dish, breadcrums to have a good crust on the liver.

No, thank you, I tried it, but not my thing.

Not sure I've ever had it. Maybe slather some Frank's Red Hot on it.

It's awful, but it was my Papa's favorite meal. He loved it.

Hard pass

No, Nope, Never.

After watching Season 7 of Meat Eater, I am full on the liver-trying bandwagon again. I know a few restaurants serve it here so I might have to try it. The texture and flavour has been off-putting to me in the past, but only because I've had it overcooked in a roast turkey or something, whereas when I have had chicken liver at lebanese restaurants they do it wonderfully with tons of citrus, pomegranate molasses and other spices that really makes it a go-to dish.

When I was in a “boot camp” style program for troubled youth, I worked in the kitchen. Liver and onions came up on the menu twice in my six month stay. I didn’t know any better the first time and I ate a full plate (required to eat everything on your plate or you’ll do excercises till you puke)

The next time it came on the menu, I had grown wiser about the ways to get around it. I made myself fettuccini Alfredo and ate before dinner was served, then I made myself scarce during actual dinner service. Lol!

Liver is a hard pass for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s good with a bunch of carnalized onions and bacon.

Is anyone a fan of liver and onions? We ate it as kids and wasn't the most favorite thing but not horrible either. I will on occasion eat it now.

Liver, heart, tongue... you name it, I'll eat it. I do draw the line at brain.

With milk?

I’d rather take a stick to the knee than eat liver

No, never have tried it and probably never will.

I've tried it, don't like it. It's a filter! Filters need to be thrown out!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I love it. Then again, I also love a dish my wife makes where she sautes chicken livers, bacon, and green olives in cooking sherry and serves over rice - I kid you not, it's off the hook good.

I love it. Then again, I also love a dish my wife makes where she sautes chicken livers, bacon, and green olives in cooking sherry and serves over rice - I kid you not, it's off the hook good.

That does sound good.

Absolutely not. Nor chitlins (chitterlings, if you prefer the correct spelling).

No, thank you, but my grandmother would definitely go for this.

Liver is the second most disgusting thing I have eaten. Whale blubber while in Norway was the worst.

Back