What is Your Course Missing?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Every course could be improved somehow, what is one thing they could do to fix yours?

Most of the tee boxes are good, but some are quite unlevel. Also need some good sand in the bunkers.

An enthusiastic pro.......

Longer driving range - only goes up to 165 yds. Not allowed to bang it into the far net either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My home course is in pretty good shape from tee to green, but I think there are two things they could do to improve quality. The first is a bunker renovation/improvement project (which they are actually beginning this winter), and the second is to improve drainage in the various spots that are issues when rain comes through.

I'd also like for them to add a driving range, but there just isn't enough real estate for that.

The new driving range is nowhere near the 1st tee, literally as far as you can get from the clubhouse. And the range ball machine is at the clubhouse... now imagine driving down a bumpy cart path with a full bucket of balls.

I don’t want to get into the politics of what it took to finally even HAVE range balls there, 95 years after the course opened...

A reasonable price for the course conditions....

Add 9 more holes...

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

me on it, playing golf, multiple times a week.

seriously though, they need better turf on the range, and a better range overall. it's impossible though given how landlocked they are, but i can still complain.

I think my course could have more level tee boxes, and I honestly wish they would replace sand bunkers with grass bunkers. I would say half the year there just seems to be a lack of playable sand.

... grass

A larger budget. Course is a really good and challenging layout with undulating greens. Just don't have the mainpower to mow more than twice a week and to maintain the traps due to budgetary restrictions.

Real sand.

Course we played our league in this year had horrible tee boxes (missing grass and not level) and the sand traps were like cart paths. Also did not have a range.

What is Your Course Missing?

A deeper range. Not being able to hit driver sucks.

Also comfort stations.
And beer carts.

Every course could be improved somehow, what is one thing they could do to fix yours?

Me playing MORE!!!!!

Seriously, I would like to see a little better bunkers...

More ball washers. Love the course, conditions (most of the time) and the staff. We need more effin ball washers!

On the course, the bunkers.

They're terrible after it rains, very shoddy to non-existent drainage. Pro says all the drains are clogged and terribly compacted and they'll be working to properly repair each and every one of them, one at a time. Sure hope so as it's the one thing holding it back from being a pretty special course.

As for amenities, I've never thought much about them and Lord knows I'm not about any lavish presentation. But just for the ability to stretch out and have a sense of space, I sure wish our clubhouse was larger.

Very small and not without it's country charm but I'd really appreciate a large dining area.

For most of the daily fee courses in the area, a short game area. A lot don't have driving ranges, but that's a function of their age more than anything.

Full fitting equipment (trackman, GC Quad) and hitting bays/ software for winter leagues.

The one thing my course is missing right now is me!

I would love a club washer on the range (someone smashed the last one when upset), little broken tee collection buckets on the tee box, and some of the greens need some work to speed them up a little bit.

More ball washers. Love the course, conditions (most of the time) and the staff. We need more effin ball washers!

I've never noticed that before but you're right!

I would say more receptive greens when it get's dry out. It's almost impossible to hold a ball on approach shots at times.

I love most of the things about my home course, grass range, good greens, friendly staff, water on every 4 holes or so, short game area, but the greens and tee boxes are in bad shape. Many of the fairways are not great either. Real sand in the bunkers is being addressed right now, so it is a mix of dirt bunkers and real fresh deep sand. Could not play any more different, but I like that they are addressing it.

Hopefully they will level the tee boxes and start resodding the fairways.

Back