Where do you miss the green?

The_Dude

#TeamNE #Team Green #Hype
Reaction score
Handicap
#bigbutts
Wondering what your miss is..is it distance or direction? My distance is usually good. I tend to miss direction wise. To clarify, 160 and in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

When I miss it will be left/right. Rarely short and very rare that I will miss long.

Most likely it is being short. 52% of greens missed for me are short. Some of that is caused by being short off the tee then not being able to get to the green in regulation, but more so it is mis hitting the ball.

I have a better chance of hitting the green from 150 than from 90. It’s frustrating. I don’t shank my short irons at the range, but I do it frequently when it counts.

To answer the question, either short or left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Usually short

Almost exclusively left/right. Only time I really miss short/long is if the wind is much stronger than usual and I misjudge it.

Long & left. The pull is real.

This is where I love Arccos

2df7193dcab6df5bc5dbe6659c6f1e5f.png

2df7193dcab6df5bc5dbe6659c6f1e5f.png

It’s solid isn’t it? I always thought I missed right and was told I miss short and left.

Short and left is my usual miss too.

It’s solid isn’t it? I always thought I missed right and was told I miss short and left.

It really is great for learning. I’d like to see my GIR a tick higher but usually being short is usually better than the danger lurking when going long

I track this for each club and overall my misses tend to be more about direction than distance. caveat being that I'm the one who assigns each miss as either a L, R, S, or O so it might not match up 100% to what a service like Arccos might indicate.

All misses (last 200 rounds) = 37.5% L, 35.1% R, 15.1% S, 12.3% O
Only with clubs I use inside 160 = 35.0% L, 36.7% R, 15.8% S, 12.5% O

$112.46 from BudgetGolf after my THP discount and the gift card that's burning a hole in my wallet from the THP Championship. Can I afford to NOT buy it?

It really is great for learning. I’d like to see my GIR a tick higher but usually being short is usually better than the danger lurking when going long

At my local course on one of the nines the fronts are all slightly elevated (just a tick) and have bunkers on the left and right where as the back has space. I always short side myself there and its a stroke killer on the first 3 holes. The downside is the greens are so fast that going long on a couple of them means straight downhill, down grain putts that literally are like glass.

$112.46 from BudgetGolf after my THP discount and the gift card that's burning a hole in my wallet from the THP Championship. Can I afford to NOT buy it?

If you want to learn about your game that’s a steal and a great use of your gift card IMO

For those who miss short is it a miss hit or wrong club?

If you want to learn about your game that’s a steal and a great use of your gift card IMO

I use my GolfPadGPS app now. It's OK. It has it's downfalls, but one thing that I don't get that I'd like to see more accurate data is my putting. I never rarely carry my phone onto the green to mark the pin location and mark the actual locations of my putts. So, my putting stats are basically worthless other than the number of putts.

How seamless is the Arccos? Does it require attention during the round or is it just running and you don't have to give any inputs?

I use my GolfPadGPS app now. It's OK. It has it's downfalls, but one thing that I don't get that I'd like to see more accurate data is my putting. I never rarely carry my phone onto the green to mark the pin location and mark the actual locations of my putts. So, my putting stats are basically worthless other than the number of putts.

How seamless is the Arccos? Does it require attention during the round or is it just running and you don't have to give any inputs?

The quick answer is it’s not bad, I’ve gotten in the habit of checking my phone after every hole. Putting stats are pretty weak though other than # of putts you don’t get distances or anything like that.

I’d suggest reading through the Arccos thread so as not to hijack this thread.

Arccos 360 Review
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...com/forum/showthread.php?t=90961&share_type=t

According to arccos my miss is short. I only have a few rounds worth of data and I assume it takes into account shanks and hitting a club fat.

If I had to guess I'd say my misses go right, left, short and finally long, with the vast majority of them being left or right.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Really depends on pin placement.

I could miss long short left right etc - but normally laterally

Mostly to the left side of the green lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My distance control is very good but I often miss approach shots left of the hole every since I started this silly game.

Most likely short. Mainly because on my home course if you go long you are almost always screwed.

Left usually for me.

Back