What would your perfect putter be?

KEV

Proud 2018 The Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
Driver vs. Driver got me thinking about designing clubs and my mind naturally wandered to designing a putter. If you could build a completely custom putter what would it be? What shape, neck, finish, paint fill, stamping, etc. would you want?

- After playing smaller mallets for ages I'm back on the blade bandwagon and I'd go with an Azalea/Zing/Laguna shape with a high toe, 340 grams and a plumbers neck. The Odyssey Protype 4ht is pretty much the perfect shape in my eyes and has some milling on the back bumpers that I love. I love the high toe combined with the Zing type of shape.
- I would want the Toulon Deep Diamond mill across the whole face.
- For the finish something along the lines of a torched finish would be awesome with a teal blue paint fill, maybe some dark gray or another color also for contrast.
- I would want my wife and kids initials staggered on the sole and my initials on the inside of the neck, facing forward. No site line, just a dot on the top line.
- I would name it the SoDak Proto.
- For the grip I'd want some kind of lightweight pistol grip.

How about you all?

I really like the Toulon insert. But, I seem to putt more consistently with the Odyssey 7. If only there was a marriage between the two..

Driver vs. Driver got me thinking about designing clubs and my mind naturally wandered to designing a putter. If you could build a completely custom putter what would it be? What shape, neck, finish, paint fill, stamping, etc. would you want?

- After playing smaller mallets for ages I'm back on the blade bandwagon and I'd go with an Azalea/Zing/Laguna shape with a high toe, 340 grams and a plumbers neck. The Odyssey Protype 4ht is pretty much the perfect shape in my eyes and has some milling on the back bumpers that I love. I love the high toe combined with the Zing type of shape.
- I would want the Toulon Deep Diamond mill across the whole face.
- For the finish something along the lines of a torched finish would be awesome with a teal blue paint fill, maybe some dark gray or another color also for contrast.
- I would want my wife and kids initials staggered on the sole and my initials on the inside of the neck, facing forward. No site line, just a dot on the top line.
- I would name it the SoDak Proto.
- For the grip I'd want some kind of lightweight pistol grip.

How about you all?

You ever seen one of those laser levels that goes around corners?

That.

this one...

It's beautiful. It's simple and sits so darn square.

82bbea440f86cccfbb9ed4651c732e6c.jpg

43a3e01a388898d709acb0ec8d315d06.jpg

de9f4dc18da62d42fbfe22ef19130276.jpg

taylormade's black copper finish, flow neck, anser shaping, high toe, firm insert, evnroll grooves

weight around 350g, toe hang somewhere around 35°

taylormade's black copper finish, flow neck, anser shaping, high toe, firm insert, evnroll grooves

weight around 350g, toe hang somewhere around 35°

That black copper finish is so well done.

p1210_m5x-platinum-best-2018-may.jpg

Seemore private reserve m5x, but murdered out Carbon steel with no sightline. Stealth green RST, then a UST custom frequency filtered putter shaft that is completely black.

I just need a lot more clout so I can make it happen.

I really like the Toulon insert. But, I seem to putt more consistently with the Odyssey 7. If only there was a marriage between the two..

I’d like to introduce you to the Toulon Odyssey Las Vegas.

Attachments

• EA943BC3-3F5B-40AA-84D1-99E0C23E4D30.jpeg
    EA943BC3-3F5B-40AA-84D1-99E0C23E4D30.jpeg
    100.5 KB · Views: 0
Toulon Palm Beach...if they ever release the darn thing

I've never been fit for one so that is an extremely hard question to answer. I do know I got my first milled putter in the last 6 months and I'm in love!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Anything that would help me make close to the tour average on putts from 12 feet and in.

My perfect putter is already in my bag. I putt lights out with it. No putter on planet earth could knock it out of my bag. Not even the same putter in solid gold!!

Byron Morgan is in business to make players the putter they've always wanted.
www.byronputters.com

IMG_1448.JPG

I'm completely in love with both the flow neck Rochester and the Atlanta I've had splitting time in the bag this season.

Something about a dark finish a flow neck, and mostly square lines really suits my eye.

I think the only thing either putter is missing would be a murdered out SNSR grip. I'm not going to ruin the work of art I have with the gastly colors they offer right now. Hopefully at some point golf pride will come to their senses and release a black (or more plain) looking version.

BzY7BoGCAAEH53h.jpg:large

I'm completely in love with both the flow neck Rochester and the Atlanta I've had splitting time in the bag this season.

Something about a dark finish a flow neck, and mostly square lines really suits my eye.

I think the only thing either putter is missing would be a murdered out SNSR grip. I'm not going to ruin the work of art I have with the gastly colors they offer right now. Hopefully at some point golf pride will come to their senses and release a black (or more plain) looking version.

Toulon just posted up a custom Atlanta with the dark finish on Twitter that was straight up FIRE! If I go back to a mallet that's probably the leading candidate.

I'd like a SeeMore Giant M1t with a 2-ball alignment aid. Probably would look hideous, but I bet it would help my game.

I'd like a SeeMore Giant M1t with a 2-ball alignment aid. Probably would look hideous, but I bet it would help my game.

I love the Giant M1t, but would like 2 top lines instead of 1 and would love a version with Evnroll face milling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been on the edge of my seat waiting to try the Las Vegas.. I putt well with the #7 shape

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I loved my Odyssey 7 but wish they'd make a milled version. It was money on short puts but had some distance control issues on longer putts so I moved on.

I've got 3 putters that meet this criteria for me. Anser shape, plumbers neck, slight toe hang, mid milling.

My perfect putter is already in my bag. I putt lights out with it. No putter on planet earth could knock it out of my bag. Not even the same putter in solid gold!!
This is about how I feel for my Toulon Memphis

Back