Bringing Drinks w/ You On Course?

I may bring a bottle of water and a few snacks, peanuts, cashews, trail mix, beef jerky, that I usually keep in my bag, but I've never used a cooler bag or brought alcohol to the course. I know my home course doesn't allow it and I'm sure most of the other courses in the area don't either.

Rock, what about Corydon? What's their policy!!!

I've never been one, even when I worked at the course to be upset if someone walked in with a bottle of water in their hand, or a pop. I've never been upset if someone has a Snickers they brought from home either. I've done that myself and I'm ok with that. HOWEVER, if you're sneaking your own 6 pack, that's almost like stealing in my book. I can't tell you how often I'd find glass bottles in the trash cans on the course. Look, I know it's more expensive, but do you like playing golf here, or would you rather drive a 1/2 hour to a crappier course? Every little bit of sales helps with the bottom line at a course that you are enjoying, and helps pay the bills for the guy or gal that's working there.

I will typically bring an Energy Drink with me to the course, mainly because the courses dont typically stock what I prefer.

I usually bring water and snacks with me. I will buy soda and regular food from the course. Most of the courses I play have similar policy where outside beverages aren't permitted.

Any of the places around here that have rules about bringing stuff on course are always about coolers or alcoholic beverages - at least that I've noticed. I'll usually bring a bottle of water and a couple granola bars/bags of jerky. That kind of stuff.

I often bring my own alcohol and see nothing wrong with people that do it. Some prices are just insane around here. One course was selling $9 miller lite cans!

I always bring a travel mug of coffee and two THP water bottles. If we are drinking beer, we usually end up deciding to have a beer mid round so we will buy from the course. If it's a friendly charity scramble event then I will bring a few beers from home.

yes, when playing locally I bring my own water and snacks and occasionally a sandwich. If I am on vacation or a trip/THP event I will typically just bring my own water and buy food and snacks at the course.

I buy what I need at the course for the most part. Except #flaskinbag

Our course occasionally has a snack cart during the Summer. I bring my own water and crackers, and refill the water at the water coolers spread around the course - I can drink 6-9 bottles on really hot/humid days. I'm not cheap, but I drink water and can't see paying $3 for a bottle of water. When I'm on vacation, or at an outing, I'll buy at least one round for everyone from the cart.

I bring only water or coffee. I try to support the course as much as it allows. Some courses don't have drink carts at all. If I know that in advance I might bring a flask of my favorite beverage that week!

Always have a water with me and I won't pay the outrageous cost the courses want. I don't drink anything else while playing

no, i don't think it's ok to bring a mini fridge with you. but i'll bring a bottle of water with me, and sometimes (though rarely) i'll bring a snack.

i do agree that courses WAY overcharge. $3-$4 per bottle of water, $5-$7 per beer. that encourages byo even if breaks the rules. i practice this with wine and the corkage policy at most restaurants. i love finding an interesting wine on a wine list, but if the mark-up is more than 50% i'm going to byo. it's also why i don't understand why people go hang out with their friends at a bar. why not hang out at somebody's house and pay a lot less for the alcohol?

I bring my own water/sports drinks.

I'll buy beer if they have a good selection.

I will typically bring an Energy Drink with me to the course, mainly because the courses dont typically stock what I prefer.

I do this as well... Sometimes coffee even though it's free in the mornings there anyways.

Our policy is no glass bottles and we don't have a drink cart lol I always bring a bunch of water and a snack.

The only drink I ever bring is my water bottle. I go through 2-3 full ones a round and it's nice to be able to refill. I never bring soda or alcohol with me. That's purchased at the course.
I sometimes may have trail mix or something in a bag...but even that's pretty rare.

There are some courses out there that gouge the heck out of people with their prices, but that tends to be the courses with the same high green fees as well. I'd be a little peeved if someone was bringing a whole bag load of things like that on the course though.

Water and energy bar. I play a lot of different courses and there is a big variation in the frequency of beverage cart and water availability on the course.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Our local course has the same policy, but rarely has beverage carts out (unless there is an event). Even when they do have carts out - they never seem to come around very often. My buddies always bring their own onto the course because of this.

I often bring my own alcohol and see nothing wrong with people that do it. Some prices are just insane around here. One course was selling $9 miller lite cans!

$9 miller lites? That's criminal.

I almost always have crackers or cliff bar in my bag and try to bring water as well. I wouldnt bring my own beer with me though.

I don't drink a lot when I play, but I buy from the course, if I do. I'll also bring my own water and/or snacks. I couldn't care less if someone brings their own alcohol to the course, or not.

I usually bring a water or Gatorade type drink and then refill at the coolers which they place about every 3rd or 4th hole. I will use the food cart for any snack/s.

The food&bev service and carts at my county courses are an outside entity. But whatever the case, I can understand the logic to support the system as a whole. but I also understand that as a whole.....golf is an expense. Its been discussed here many many times that very many in many places do struggle to pay for golf and all associated. That's no secret. In the end its a recreation that requires disposable income and that (relatively speaking) is most always limited at some point for most who golf. With that said, those few extra bucks saved here and there (or per round) via bringing your own stuff does then help one to pay for his/her golf and all associated with it. By seasons end that adds up to more round played and more greens fees collected. So the money is being spent anyway. Its just being spent on the golf instead of food&bev. At least that's one way to look at it and also what is the case for a lot of people.

I always bring my own Gatorade G2 or water and a couple healthier snacks. I usually don't like the club house prices / selection.

I'll always bring a bottle of water, but buy beer (if and when I drink) on the course.

The price argument is the only one I can think of, and truth be told, no course should be charging more than $4 or $5 for a bud light. When I walk on to a course that's charging $8, I strongly consider bringing my own. Or better yet $3+ for a bottle of water they've paid a penny for.

I'm not in favor of price gouging.

Back