Cobra King LTD Driver - THP Review

Had a weak moment and ordered an LTD Pro with the Elements Chrome 7F4 shaft. I tested it last weekend and the "feel" is incredible. I was swinging like garbage and the ball speeds were still beating out my 915. 915 is now very very nervous. Just waiting for winter to go away. Any day now...

Congrats on the new driver! I too took the plunge on one and am too waiting for old man winter to leave the Mitten!

And I was parusing my extra shaft stash, I remembered I have an AD-DI 6...cobra tip on it and my lord that could be good if HZRDUS doesn't work out.

Thought this was interesting.
http://youtu.be/Er-xjzIKdos
Great video, thanks for sharing. Note that his good balls were 314 and his "bad" shots were 301. That's awesomeness.

i can understand the talk of retraining your mind to understand what are good strikes because this driver does feel different than others. I mentioned a few pages back were I posted some numbers that I wasn't sure I ever hit I time the center of the face. It was probably just the center CG affecting feel.

I want that black King hat...

Also good to know all those low face shots that already seem longer than my old gamer arent even the best this driver has to offer

I have it. The hat will be available at retail shortly.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by rgk5

I have it. The hat will be available at retail shortly.
Good to know. Credit card ready. Ha

I am with you on this as well. The wife will "love" the addition to my collection. Almost to 100 HATS/CAPS

This is one I cannot wait to get some time in with. It's just so high on my list.

it's one of the best-looking, best-feeling drivers i've ever hit, probably the best in both of those categories. with the right high-launch, mid spin shaft (looking at you hzrdus red) i think this could be perfection.

fwiw, i didn't get any of that feedback shiels is talking about. he is probably used to hitting the nuts more than i am, so take that with a grain of salt. but all over the face i really enjoyed the feedback from this one. and the sound is intoxicating, absolutely the best sounding driver i think i've ever hit. i will have one this year, i just need to figure out the right shaft pairing.

fwiw, i didn't get any of that feedback shiels is talking about. he is probably used to hitting the nuts more than i am, so take that with a grain of salt. but all over the face i really enjoyed the feedback from this one. and the sound is intoxicating, absolutely the best sounding driver i think i've ever hit. i will have one this year, i just need to figure out the right shaft pairing.
Interesting. I wasn't sure I was getting enough feedback to know where I was hitting it and I don't remember ever feeling like I really nutted one (maybe I didn't), but the numbers were great. Sound and feel were so different from what I'm used to. I want more time with it.

I know that next time I'm at the range with this one I will try to get my contact a bit higher on the face just to try and see what he is talking about.

I do tend to hit it a little lower on the face

I love this driver! That is all.

I hit this one today and I must say I want impressed. Now I'm not going to write this off since it was the first one I tried and I had no previous warm up so I was singing this pretty cold.

I will say the look and sound are great but I was seeing very low SS and carry was about 20 yards shorter than everything else I tried. But like I said it could be that I was just warming up and wasn't hitting very good shots with this. I'll make sure I warm up a bit and try this again soon.

I hit this one today and I must say I want impressed. Now I'm not going to write this off since it was the first one I tried and I had no previous warm up so I was singing this pretty cold.

I will say the look and sound are great but I was seeing very low SS and carry was about 20 yards shorter than everything else I tried. But like I said it could be that I was just warming up and wasn't hitting very good shots with this. I'll make sure I warm up a bit and try this again soon.

You can try mine in May. If I still have it, haha!

You can try mine in May. If I still have it, haha!
Man that's too far away! Haha. I'm sure I will give it a swing or two no matter what.

Man that's too far away! Haha. I'm sure I will give it a swing or two no matter what.

Mine will have the HZRDUS black, but from what I understand it's not the handcrafted version. Not sure how much of a difference that makes, but I think it will still be solid.

What loft were you hitting it at? Shaft?

So, my 1 bag almost drove a 326 yard par 4 yesterday at our tournament with this. I don't think I'm getting it back, or that I could do it justice after how he hits it.

So, my 1 bag almost drove a 326 yard par 4 yesterday at our tournament with this. I don't think I'm getting it back, or that I could do it justice after how he hits it.

Sounds like quite the stick.

What loft were you hitting it at? Shaft?
9 degrees.

Like I said I need to go back and try it again. Today was just a quick stop and wanted to try some stuff. I honestly want even looking at the numbers because I know my swing was bad. It did feel great, a little heavier in hand than my current setup, and the sound was great.

It also could be the Rogue that was in it and since I'm not a big Aldila fan, it could be that as well and could be better with a different shaft combo.

9 degrees.

Like I said I need to go back and try it again. Today was just a quick stop and wanted to try some stuff. I honestly want even looking at the numbers because I know my swing was bad. It did feel great, a little heavier in hand than my current setup, and the sound was great.

It also could be the Rogue that was in it and since I'm not a big Aldila fan, it could be that as well and could be better with a different shaft combo.

Your thoughts are similar to mine.

9 degrees.

I also saw pedestrian numbers - actually worse than my current gamer - with this club at 9*. I had to go up to 11.5*. You may want to give that a shot.

Sounds like quite the stick.
It's a damn good head, best Cobra has released in years imo. Plus, the hand crafted LZ70 in it is just a wicked feeling combo.

I also saw pedestrian numbers - actually worse than my current gamer - with this club at 9*. I had to go up to 11.5*. You may want to give that a shot.
The next time I try it I'll be sure to try it in a few more combinations. Different lofts and shafts.

It may help if I find the center of the face as well.

Back