Callaway MD3 Wedges Review Thread

What the skinny on those shafts???

I think it's just cause it looks awesome with the acid grip and green paint fill. I'd want it just for that reason anyway

What the skinny on those shafts???
Roger Cleveland explained it in the video up on THP. To my understanding it's the first time true temper has allowed badging to not include their gold.

So awesome. I want them bad.

I'm on my phone and couldn't find those. I'll look tonight.
It looks like I spoke too soon. Just watched the video and saw the other responses here. It's part of the shamrock wedge config, which is coming out later this year.

BUT, if you just want black shaft and don't care so much about the green label instead of gold, those are available now as I mentioned earlier. Sorry for misstating earlier.

Roger Cleveland explained it in the video up on THP. To my understanding it's the first time true temper has allowed badging to not include their gold.
Very cool that TT made the exception.

Anyone know when the shamrock wedges are dropping? This kind of makes me hesitate to pull the trigger on an MD3...

It looks like I spoke too soon. Just watched the video and saw the other responses here. It's part of the shamrock wedge config, which is coming out later this year.

BUT, if you just want black shaft and don't care so much about the green label instead of gold, those are available now as I mentioned earlier. Sorry for misstating earlier.

Very cool that TT made the exception.

Anyone know when the shamrock wedges are dropping? This kind of makes me hesitate to pull the trigger on an MD3...
You are a total shaft tease!!

Current shaft/MD3 set up!
b07eb7dab507b8cf9c72942450fcdaa3.jpg
da63a3e1786516862dcfcc019f93de10.jpg
995f378d51263a6ab70373cf9c8ce578.jpg

A little PM Grind thrown in there as well for good measure! I love these wedges!
Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yes, Pringles! I was hoping you'd chime in here. You have inspired one of my latest ponders! :D

I managed to get my hands on a mates MD3 54-10 S-grind after my round today. So I hit some balls on the range before i left.

I started by hitting 20-30 balls with a 3/4 swing.... Let me say first that im not really confident hitting full wedges in fear of skulling it. Nor have i ever been real consistent with it either. I found that these feel amazing when hit properly and a bit harsh when miss-hit. I was hitting them around 60 yards which is perfect for me. Decent dispersion too, including shots not out of the middle. I then hit pitches to a practice green from 10 and then 20 yards. I was able to get them to check and flight them high or low. I left very pleased. I wont pull the trigger till i try the W grind and in 56* just to see the difference.

Yes, Pringles! I was hoping you'd chime in here. You have inspired one of my latest ponders! :D
This set up is amazing! So glad I decided to do this!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I got my hands on Pringles wedges tonight... I like.... So much better than the MD2's that I am playing. The leading edge and sole seems to be much improved in my opinion. His set up is sick too...very stealthy.

Callaway MD3 Wedges Review Thread

Had a chance to chip some balls around the yard today with these wedges. After not hitting them for over a month they still feel great. I was hitting all different types of chips in the backyard. Really confident with these and can't wait to get them back on the course.

I hit the 48 and 52 outside for the first time today. I have to say, I really like just about everything about these wedges. I'll be putting something in the 56 degree range in the bag, but can't decide whether I want the PM grind or W grind.

I'm actually thinking of playing 48-52-56 most of the time, even though I'll have a gap wedge coming.

What was the difference between the 2015 PM Grind vs. the 2016 PM Grind?

Well, only took 1 swing with my MD3 yesterday, but I came away impressed. And muddy.

I ended up hitting a tee shot on a par 3 that plugged in a bunker that was closer in texture to concrete than sand. The W grind did it's job, getting me out of the bunker with a putt for par. Have no bad words to say about the MD3 line.

I really like my md3 wedges. Much better turf interaction than I had with the md2.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

MD3s going in the bag! 50/54/58 I can't wait to get out on the course again.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

So can anyone enlighten me about how well the matte black wears?

Probably some of the best of any black finish I have come across. They are always going to wear, but the black holds up as well as any other black I've seen.

Probably some of the best of any black finish I have come across. They are always going to wear, but the black holds up as well as any other black I've seen.
Awesome. Yeah I know they will wear and I like that but if the black comes off to easily where contact isn't made them I will just get the chrome.

I think the black wears very well. Obviously some wear on the face but the bounce looks really good still. This based on the wedge we got at the Gauntlet in september, maybe 10 rounds since then and lots of sim golf.

Not the best photo but here's a look st the face.
000f385404bbc811db67386c4e5b0ac4.jpg

I think the black wears very well. Obviously some wear on the face but the bounce looks really good still. This based on the wedge we got at the Gauntlet in september, maybe 10 rounds since then and lots of sim golf.

Not the best photo but here's a look st the face.
000f385404bbc811db67386c4e5b0ac4.jpg
That's what I was looking for. Thank you.

Gonna order a set today and it looks like I can't go wrong.

Yea I have 3 sets of black/colored (Cleveland CG14, SM5, and MD3's) wedges and it's the best of them all.

Yeah I don't think you can. I should add that pic was my 56 which I use out of bunkers 90% of the time, so the wear is incredible

Back