Tesla Mystery Announcement

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
From CNBC
The wait is almost over, even if no one knows what we're waiting for.

Electric carmaker Tesla suspended all orders on its website and redirected users to a page teasing a mystery announcement CEO Elon Musk said is coming at 5 p.m. ET Thursday.

Users who attempt to go to any of the company's ordering pages are redirected to a site that says: "The wait is almost over. Great things are launching at 2pm."

Whatever Tesla will launch is still a mystery. Investors have been expecting updates on several fronts, including the arrival of Tesla's long-promised $35,000 Model 3, a version of the sedan Tesla has been promising since it unveiled the car in 2016.

105767745-1551385143557screen-shot-2019-02-28-at-3.18.04-pm.530x298.jpg

Well, this could be a fun announcement for the company

• Admin
Well, this could be a fun announcement for the company

Or they could finally unveil what they promised 3 years ago : )

The 35k car that no one would buy stock? Hahahaha

Private @ $4.20

Now that's funny.

But no way. LOL

That they don’t have the resources to pay the @1B debt payment that’s coming up in a couple of days?

• Admin
That they don’t have the resources to pay the @1B debt payment that’s coming up in a couple of days?

Haha. Would they shut the ordering process down for that?
Its funny because on the networks, that debt is a big talking point.

Haha. Would they shut the ordering process down for that?
Its funny because on the networks, that debt is a big talking point.
I was joking...they supposed have 4B in resources /cash on hand, so they’ll make the payment. But i was reading there’s investor nervousness about their viability and whether the move to the less expensive model will hurt them (as I understand it they are cutting production of the more expensive - and therefore presumably more profitable - models in order to push the 35k models out the door)

Well, it's past 2....late...just like that $35k car....

I was joking...they supposed have 4B in resources /cash on hand, so they’ll make the payment. But i was reading there’s investor nervousness about their viability and whether the move to the less expensive model will hurt them (as I understand it they are cutting production of the more expensive - and therefore presumably more profitable - models in order to push the 35k models out the door)

That is what they were just talking about. I mean it's only a little passed due, right? haha

Not on the west coast it's not.

ahhh..... I always forget they're 2 and not 1.

I really don't see how they put out a $35k car that folks will buy stock. I've read they have to make the battery smaller with shorter range and pull amenities that put the Tesla touch to the car.

Its after 5est/2pst whats the word?

35k model 3

Tesla Mystery Announcement

Hahaha that is hysterical. HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT IS WE ARE GOING TO FINALLY DO WHAT WE SAID

Allegedly.

Two or three weeks ago they announced a $43k Model 3. This is the $35k option.

I own a Model S and can honestly say, it's the best car I've ever owned. It's faster than 2 Corvettes I've owned, carries more, is cheaper to operate, has AWD...and the list goes on.

Quick outline of what's now available:

SR: $35k, 220mi, 130mph, 5,6s, non-PUP
SR+: $37k, 240mi, 140mph, 5,3s, partial-PUP
MR: $40k, 264mi, 140mph, 5,2s, PUP
LR: $43k, 325mi, 140mph, 5,0s, PUP
AWD: $47k, 310mi, 145mph, 4,5s, PUP
P: $48k, 310mi, 162mph, 3,2s, PUP

All Interiors Include:
Tinted glass roof with ultraviolet and infrared protection
Auto dimming, power folding, heated side mirrors
Music and media over Bluetooth
Custom driver profiles

ETA: We've owned our "S" since November 2017. It's a blast to drive, almost makes me feel young again.

LOL.

I don't understand the "announcement" This was made public on Wall Street two or three weeks ago.

He is such a diva.

He is such a diva.
He made a tweet earlier in the week containing previously disclosed information and the SEC is claiming contempt. He did a couple of tweets to "announce" today's change, probably just to screw with the SEC.

Quick outline of what's now available:

SR: $35k, 220mi, 130mph, 5,6s, non-PUP
SR+: $37k, 240mi, 140mph, 5,3s, partial-PUP
MR: $40k, 264mi, 140mph, 5,2s, PUP
LR: $43k, 325mi, 140mph, 5,0s, PUP
AWD: $47k, 310mi, 145mph, 4,5s, PUP
P: $48k, 310mi, 162mph, 3,2s, PUP

All Interiors Include:
Tinted glass roof with ultraviolet and infrared protection
Auto dimming, power folding, heated side mirrors
Music and media over Bluetooth
Custom driver profiles

ETA: We've owned our "S" since November 2017. It's a blast to drive, almost makes me feel young again.
What is PUP?

Down 3% after hours lol

Back