Mizuno Golf HQ Visit

If you haven’t hit one yet, I suggest you try a sleeve sometime. The Tour RB might become my gamer ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well it's March and sub-freezing in Michigan so....lol.

I fully plan on trying them out! Just curious why now?

Website information on clubs needs improvement. Technical information is almost non-existent as compared to other manufacturers.

Can you check on my Hot Metal order for me please:act-up:

Website information on clubs needs improvement. Technical information is almost non-existent as compared to other manufacturers.

Agree with this, its one of the tougher sites to navigate for info.

Discuss the strategy of bringing out the Hot Metal Pro when you have the 919 Forged.

Was it the image of the Forged being too demanding (they are very forgiving) and this would expand sales?

Did you discuss that HM Pro might take away from sales of the Forged? Is it that forgiveness (making the game easier) seems to be in vogue moreso than feel and playability?

Why not make the offset of the Forged and HM Pro the same and the gapping between 919F and Forged more compatible for mixed sets?

If able, please discuss new forged wedges as it is a prime topic on the forums.

Also, I know they have the Recoil 95. Might they think of expanding the lineup to 780ES SmakWraps? Also, the Project X LZ Tour 90 bring a lot of energy but lack some feel, and the flex between 5.0 and 6.0 leaves too much of a gap. I should know - I bought a set in 5.0 and 6.0, hardstepping and softstepping once (respectively). But that did not do the trick. I ended up spending $300 extra by reshafting into an Accra 80i in a Regular Plus flex - perfect. Probably a lot of people like me. Would you consider expanding graphite options? Thx.

Last edited:
Had a great time with the Mizuno crew.
I will be able to answer a number of these coming up later once we are settled in at the airport.

Had a great time with the Mizuno crew.
I will be able to answer a number of these coming up later once we are settled in at the airport.

I'm looking forward to it. Glad it was a productive time!

Looking forward to hearing what they had to say.

what are they more excited about at HQ, the big win on Sunday or the Mizuno Range Days episode?

Interesting note, with in 5 minutes in the office, their Director of Golf said he watched the episode.

Mizuno! Yesss!!!

Have there been any discussions about a darker finish offered on irons like almost all companies in the industry have?

Also, you are known for your irons and currently have some awesome traction and success on Tour. Most recently, I read Mizuno got its first driver win on the PGA in some years. Can they tell us about their journey in the metalwoods department? I know it's not a question, per se, but it's a very cool time for them.

Thanks THP!

Fresh off this launch discussions always exist, but we will have to wait and see on that one.

Will they be offering any new iron shaft options to their current staple listed online? I’m curious about the $taper or any black shaft color options?

Thank you!!

Right now they are very fitting focused and believe they have a very expansive offering in both metal woods and irons. With the update to the Shaft Optimizer, they believe all golfers should be fit and find the best shaft for them. While they can't have all options as non-upcharge options, they do have quite a few.

Have they seen a huge uptick in sales due to the recent success? Especially in the woods? And I second the question about any darker finishes in the irons.

Also - can you give them my mailing address to send me a new driver? LOL

They are an iron company and I dont think that will change. They are very proud of the current ST190 lineup and winning shortly after launch date definitely has made some strides. They had a solid sell in effort for Q1 and sell through numbers will begin taking shape soon.

1 How does Mizuno see their ball program evolving in the US

4 how important is your wins and pro signings.

1. Its their first global golf ball and while they are excited about both the product and the future, they are not crazy to think it will immediately make a huge impact in marketshare or anything. They believe they have a solid product and will build upon that.

4. We had an interesting conversation in regards to this. On one hand they have a small group of staff members that use their products and are sponsored. On the other hand they have another small group of players that use their product and are not sponsored. That list is impressive vs their paid staff list including Brooks Koepka. This was their first metal woods win in quite some time and they do expect the future to have more of that.

Why bring a [premium] ball line to the US market right now?

There was no magic calendar or "right time" interestingly enough. They had a global product. Its a really good product. So let's release it.

Mizuno makes some fantastic drivers. Generally you don't here much about them in the golf world.

Interesting note, with in 5 minutes in the office, their Director of Golf said he watched the episode.

Is the director of golf Jeremy Galbreth which I believe it is? I went to high school with his wife.

Enjoyed the answers JB. Did they provide any thoughts on the Range Days episode? I thought it was a very complimentary assessment for both drivers.

Enjoyed the answers JB. Did they provide any thoughts on the Range Days episode? I thought it was a very complimentary assessment for both drivers.

Not really. And we don’t ask for feedback from anybody honestly. We put it out there and if it’s offered (good or bad) we listen haha.

47126e0cbff32a1ce17f4de979c6224c.jpg

6305422a5318c2b84bdc05435474a6d1.jpg

efbc44e67dc462febde345012c7ef2a1.jpg

Love those baseball lockers.

Do they integrate technology from their other sports lines into their golf line?

Back