2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Workout days for me are pretty brutal. To make it worse, a few of the guys at work and I have decided on a 2016 goal of 100 push-ups at one go. We're at 55 morning and 50 evening, and next week we'll move up to 60 morning and 55 evening. (morning is when we get to work, at noon; evening is at 18:30)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Freakin gym was closed today. They are doing some electrical work but didn't give any notice. Kinda pissed about it.

Freakin gym was closed today. They are doing some electrical work but didn't give any notice. Kinda pissed about it.
It's a really good night for a weighted run down these parts. :D

It's a really good night for a weighted run down these parts. :D

I'm going to try your 100 push ups. I know I can do 50 but highly doubt I can bang out double that. Might take me 3 sets to get to the century mark.

I'm going to try your 100 push ups. I know I can do 50 but highly doubt I can bang out double that. Might take me 3 sets to get to the century mark.
I'm pretty sure by the time we get to 70 or 80 boredom will set in and we'll say "eh, that was fun".

I'm pretty sure by the time we get to 70 or 80 boredom will set in and we'll say "eh, that was fun".

You and I have a different version of "fun". hahaha.

You and I have a different version of "fun". hahaha.
After sitting at a desk all day on WebExes and the like, push-ups get to be fun. :D

All the work this winter is paying off, walked 18 holes without hardly breaking a sweat! Yes!

After sitting at a desk all day on WebExes and the like, push-ups get to be fun. :D

It's all about the setting for me. I am just not motivated when I'm at home. When I'm at the gym my mind is focused and love pushing myself.

It's all about the setting for me. I am just not motivated when I'm at home. When I'm at the gym my mind is focused and love pushing myself.
For sure! When I WFH I snack all day and end up with chips all over the floor. :D

For sure! When I WFH I snack all day and end up with chips all over the floor. :D

Just pick them up when you do your pushups. hahaha

Just pick them up when you do your pushups. hahaha
Haha, push-ups never get done when I'm at home.

Great day in the gym today to make up for yesterday. Squats, bench, and deads, and deloaded a little to continue letting my back recover; I just lifted whatever my brother lifted, which was much lighter on squats, a little lighter on bench, and a little lighter on deads, and my back feels great. I had been trying to get as tight of grip on squats as I could, and wondered if that was causing something to get pinched, so took a bit wider grip and it felt really good, so might have to play around with grip width. I also got to break in my spud belt on bench and deads, and I like it, but don't love it yet; I think it might just be getting used to it and figuring out how tight works, since it doesn't have preset holes like my squat belt. During our deads work set, I noticed my brother's form could use some work, so dropped down to 225 to focus on his form, and then I did a set at 225 where I just pulled as many as my grip could handle, and it felt great.

We'll see how my back feels tomorrow, but first time in awhile I've left the gym without it feeling sore during or right after, so I've got that going for me.

Just found quartersquatgang on IG and it's awesome lol well actually kinda pathetic that people can ego lift like that.

Great day in the gym today to make up for yesterday. Squats, bench, and deads, and deloaded a little to continue letting my back recover; I just lifted whatever my brother lifted, which was much lighter on squats, a little lighter on bench, and a little lighter on deads, and my back feels great. I had been trying to get as tight of grip on squats as I could, and wondered if that was causing something to get pinched, so took a bit wider grip and it felt really good, so might have to play around with grip width. I also got to break in my spud belt on bench and deads, and I like it, but don't love it yet; I think it might just be getting used to it and figuring out how tight works, since it doesn't have preset holes like my squat belt. During our deads work set, I noticed my brother's form could use some work, so dropped down to 225 to focus on his form, and then I did a set at 225 where I just pulled as many as my grip could handle, and it felt great.

We'll see how my back feels tomorrow, but first time in awhile I've left the gym without it feeling sore during or right after, so I've got that going for me.
Keep it up brother. Don't rush it back to work weights. Take a week to make sure you're strong again
Just found quartersquatgang on IG and it's awesome lol well actually kinda pathetic that people can ego lift like that.
I love that IG account.

The first day back after missing a day is always the hardest. Pretty solid all in all but im ready to kick butt this week.

Blu you see that guy on quarter squat using the assistance bands to squat hahaha ive never even thought about trying that. Absolutely hilarious

The first day back after missing a day is always the hardest. Pretty solid all in all but im ready to kick butt this week.
Get after it Beef!

Blu you see that guy on quarter squat using the assistance bands to squat hahaha ive never even thought about trying that. Absolutely hilarious
Hahaha. Yup. I've seen guys doing that in the gym, but to actual depth. I understand the premise, make the weight easier out of the bottom for overload work. It's real Westside theory. I don't do it and just think lower the weights. I dunno. But I love that IG account.

Hahaha. Yup. I've seen guys doing that in the gym, but to actual depth. I understand the premise, make the weight easier out of the bottom for overload work. It's real Westside theory. I don't do it and just think lower the weights. I dunno. But I love that IG account.
Oh I understand when used for those different methods but not for a quarter squat lol it's pure ego. His description was hilarious too

Oh I understand when used for those different methods but not for a quarter squat lol it's pure ego. His description was hilarious too
Glorious. Even better, look at the dude's vids. All of his squats are high and all of his bros tell him good work. It's hilarious

Glorious. Even better, look at the dude's vids. All of his squats are high and all of his bros tell him good work. It's hilarious
Someone mentioned that in the comments as well lol. I know people reading this are probably thinking omg he's judging and im an ass but it's not like that at all. For anyone wondering, if your ego is so damn high that you try to squat wayyy too much weight with incredibly awful form just to say you "hit a number", then you're pathetic. You're actually not impressing anyone and kiss your back goodbye.

Someone mentioned that in the comments as well lol. I know people reading this are probably thinking omg he's judging and im an ass but it's not like that at all. For anyone wondering, if your ego is so damn high that you try to squat wayyy too much weight with incredibly awful form just to say you "hit a number", then you're pathetic. You're actually not impressing anyone and kiss your back goodbye.
Kiss your back and knees good bye. There is a big difference between grinding out any true max where there are some form breakdowns, and what these knuckleheads do.

Kiss your back and knees good bye. There is a big difference between grinding out any true max where there are some form breakdowns, and what these knuckleheads do.
Yeah there's no doubt about it. Their max isn't anywhere close to what they attempt to put up.

Yeah there's no doubt about it. Their max isn't anywhere close to what they attempt to put up.
The best is finding the leg press videos. Those are MY FAVORITE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back