UST Mamiya Elements Helium Shaft Review Thread

Not really, still a work in progress but the range opens tomorrow so practice moves into full swing!
Can't wait to hear what happens.

For what it's worth, and being that John's playing a R and I'm an S, I took a very casual swing with it and just crushed it (in a BB 815 head).

Danny tells me my shaft is "truly one of one in that flex".

I didn't think my regular flex request would be so unique LOL.

First time out with my new Helium today. Shaft feels great at every point in the swing. Good distance and feels like it is really stable. Just wish I was swinging a little better, but overall I loved it today.

Was able to log another round today and with each passing swing I get more comfortable and confident. I was swing away at it today and my step brother and I were fantasizing about long drive ambitions. I got him on 18 with a 330yd draw right down the middle! Love this shaft!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was able to log another round today and with each passing swing I get more comfortable and confident. I was swing away at it today and my step brother and I were fantasizing about long drive ambitions. I got him on 18 with a 330yd draw right down the middle! Love this shaft!

Man you hit the ball far, I don't know what I would do with that sort of a driver distance (well aside from be looking for a lot of lost balls).

Hopefully picking up my shaft today with it's new adaptor installed on it. Range session either tonight or tomorrow. Incredibly excited to get some swings in with it!

Last edited:
Well hello beautiful!

1164f1daf24cf1a269e15a36c0cbe1d1.jpg

08c8e5e5edd6fb90472045aea76fd8fe.jpg

e3af81f9eb74af823065227d1011e775.jpg

This looking too good.

Was able to sneak away to the range tonight for a quick session with this shaft for the first time. I have theHE5F4 and honestly went in open minded for this one. The shaft feels great thought the swing and stable. I was seeing ball flight a tad bit higher than my J715 paired with the HZRDUS. Carry was actually from what I could tell the same. Definitely will want to have a few more sessions prior to deciding on this one. Shaft is great just not sure paired with the R15 suits me.

I hit a tee ball yesterday on the 14th hole that was right in the area I used to hit 12 years ago. I haven't had a legit go at this par five in that long. It felt good to unleash a high butter cut fade with distance. I was crushing all my driver on Sunday.

The XR16 launches a bit low so I need to add some lead tape. Hopefully this will help because of the tee this 3w shaft combo is long.

Did any of you with the shaft butt trim it? And if so how much did it affect your swing weight? I have a pxv shaft in my bio cell that is D4 with a 44.5" shaft so i'd need to cut an inch and half which seems like a lot, i'm leaning toward half an inch and seeing how that goes.

Tipped, Gripped, and Ready to Hit. Range session and/or a round tomorrow. Will be back this time tomorrow hopefully with some thoughts!

Did any of you with the shaft butt trim it? And if so how much did it affect your swing weight? I have a pxv shaft in my bio cell that is D4 with a 44.5" shaft so i'd need to cut an inch and half which seems like a lot, i'm leaning toward half an inch and seeing how that goes.
Yes, butt trimmed my custom HE because that is what Danny suggested to me. Haven't checked swing weight but it feels good so probably won't.

Tipped, Gripped, and Ready to Hit. Range session and/or a round tomorrow. Will be back this time tomorrow hopefully with some thoughts!
Looking forward to your thoughts!

Scarnici hit this pretty well the other day when we played. Hit some drives that just kept going. Unfortunately, I couldn't give it a swing what with him playing on the wrong side of the ball.

I'm so excited to get mine and give it a test. Hopefully everything comes in this week so I can get it on the course this weekend.

Mine was butt and tip trimmed to maintain its flex.

I sort of thought the whole idea behind the shaft was that they could get lighter and still maintain the stiffness.
I butt trimmed mine to length btw, it would have been just a bit long for me otherwise.

I had mine butt trimmed I believe about 2"? and it plays just over 45" to the center of the face with the head on it now, which is what I typically play. Shaft weight between that and the others I play are probably within 5-10g, and I don't really notice it at all. Feel of it throughout the swing is incredible.

Butt trimmed to 45" need to put a grip on and this baby will be ready to BOMB

bf0ce875dce175212e1458da10e974ab.jpg

af41d0f7eaaa4cbd4ea7d38e6601c2b5.jpg

13b5039e22716c0f767eb784c6d73e20.jpg

First time out at the range, and holy..... this shaft, just absolutely wow.

I have 4 shafts I was trying to decide between tonight, and it was absolutely just no contest at all. The UST Mamiya Elements Helium shaft won me over after the first two swings. I am by no means a "long hitter", never have been, but paired with the GBB head, this combo had me hitting areas on the range I haven't been at before. My miss is usually a fade/slice, and I really had to exaggerate it tonight in order to miss right (which is a rarity for me).

The thing that I noticed right away, is how much you can notice where the head is when you are swinging the club. When I was switching between the different shafts tonight, the first thing I missed was knowing where the head was during the swing. Switching back to the THP shaft, you could feel it right away.

I really don't know how to put it into words, that feeling when you grab something new, and it just clicks. It just felt so smooth, very easy to put a good swing on it (not having to really struggle to pull off a good drive). I was all over the face tonight, getting used to a new driver/shaft combo, figuring out tee-height that I needed to use, but as soon as I got it figured out, the results really stood out.

8b18d02f3989341650b9866f15731a22.jpg

Love love love this shaft right now, and am very excited to get out on the course and put it through it's paces.

I have 4 shafts I was trying to decide between tonight, and it was absolutely just no contest at all. The UST Mamiya shaft won me over after the first two swings.

Great pics Brad, what kind of improvement over your gamer were you seeing?

Great pics Brad, what kind of improvement over your gamer were you seeing?

Its a really small sample to compare it to honestly, having only gamed this head with the Kuro Kage for one round, I did a bit of a comparison tonight with the Helium being one of 4 I tried out tonight.

I added a bit more in the previous post with the pictures (posted pics from the phone, and then went back in to add some more details afterwards).

The Helium just really takes away the right side of the fairway for me, and that says a lot (being a fade player for my entire time golfing). So easy to swing, and constantly being able to feel the head (and where it is during the swing). Switching between the four shafts, the Helium just had me wanting to go back to it every time I had switched to something else.

I have 4 shafts I was trying to decide between tonight, and it was absolutely just no contest at all. The UST Mamiya Elements Helium shaft won me over after the first two swings. I am by no means a "long hitter", never have been, but paired with the GBB head, this combo had me hitting areas on the range I haven't been at before. My miss is usually a fade/slice, and I really had to exaggerate it tonight in order to miss right (which is a rarity for me).

The thing that I noticed right away, is how much you can notice where the head is when you are swinging the club. When I was switching between the different shafts tonight, the first thing I missed was knowing where the head was during the swing. Switching back to the THP shaft, you could feel it right away.

I really don't know how to put it into words, that feeling when you grab something new, and it just clicks. It just felt so smooth, very easy to put a good swing on it (not having to really struggle to pull off a good drive). I was all over the face tonight, getting used to a new driver/shaft combo, figuring out tee-height that I needed to use, but as soon as I got it figured out, the results really stood out.

Love love love this shaft right now, and am very excited to get out on the course and put it through it's paces.

Great feedback! Looking forward to hearing more

Really looking forward to putting mine into play. Looks like another day or two. That's some great feedback on the initial testing of the shaft Brad.

Another Winner Winner Chicken Dinner with this shaft experience! Good stuff Brad.

I have this notion that heavier is better, but the feedback on these shafts is making me rethink that. Would like to check one of these out someday!

What weight do you have in your current driver?

Back