Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, thats funny. They like to punk little kids for food.
The worst was when she got the hamburger buns when we were having a bbq. I had to run to the market, I was so pissed.

I think we may have been having a different kind of hot dog then.
I kind of felt bad because Grace weighs about as much as our niece does. So it's wasn't even fair for her.

I kind of felt bad because Grace weighs about as much as our niece does. So it's wasn't even fair for her.

Haha, I dont know why but I find it funny. She does the same thing to my nieces and nephews and I laugh everytime.

Phillip weighs 60 lbs and Nicky weighs about 50 lbs. They're not fat - just big boys.

Haha, I dont know why but I find it funny. She does the same thing to my nieces and nephews and I laugh everytime.

Oh it was funny. :laughing: The best was when our niece was sitting in one of the old folding lawn chairs. Somehow it folded up on her and all you could really see was this arm holding a cookie in the air and Grace trying to get it. :laughing:
I try to correct Grace when she does that stuff but sometimes it's hard to be mean while I'm laughing.

Diane, I hope by this point I am laughing with you and not at you because that is pretty funny. I remember when I was a kid we had an old english sheep dog and my mom just spent hours roasting a whole chicken and she put it on the kitchen table and she turned around for a second and the next thing she knew the dog took a flying leap up onto the table and starting eating the chicken. At the time I thought she was going to kill him, now she just thinks it's funny. Hopefully by now, you too have reached the it's funny stage : )

Phillip weighs 60 lbs and Nicky weighs about 50 lbs. They're not fat - just big boys.

Grace is right about 50 pounds. She is all muscle too.

GG - Don't worry - there is really no way I can get mad at a Basset Hound. I just look at them and laugh. I ate a pear instead.

I have a rant!

Does anyone stop to get gas and feel like they're taking a quiz? I want to insert card, pick up lever, and have gas come out like I used to, but first (and only since recently,) there's that wonderful series of questions.

This was my day today:

For starters, there are three different buttons for "yes," "ok," and "enter," which to me all mean the same thing in computerspeak.

1. Swipe card. (Done.)
2. Is this a debit card? ("No." The computer pauses. "No"..."enter?" Oh wait, it's going again.)
3. Enter zip code. (This is a trick, since I have an out of state card for a local account. And as a conspiracy, you always have to roll your finger over the 5 a few times, and my old zip code has two fives in a row. OK, done..."yes." No! "Enter!")
4. Re-enter zip code for confirmation. (Pulling my hair out! I suspect it's an out-of-stater hater thing.)
5. Car wash? (JERKS! It could be -5 deg F and they'll ask this!)
6. Select fuel. (Scan keypad for button. It's not on the keypad. It's by the handle.)
7. Begin fueling. (OK. Handle in. Button locked. And...no fuel. "OK?" Wait, there's a little lever to lift on this machine. Wait, the computer paused. Did I lose everything? "Enter?" "Yes?" Oh wait, it's going again.)
8. Proceed with 30 second fueling.

I know this is old but I'm new here, and obviously bored this afternoon, but this is great. Just the other day a "new to Canada" lady at the next pump asked me to help her. Never fuelled a car before. What a circus between her limited use of the english language and my limited knowledge of these @#&ing pumps. :banghead:

Diane, I hope by this point I am laughing with you and not at you because that is pretty funny. I remember when I was a kid we had an old english sheep dog and my mom just spent hours roasting a whole chicken and she put it on the kitchen table and she turned around for a second and the next thing she knew the dog took a flying leap up onto the table and starting eating the chicken. At the time I thought she was going to kill him, now she just thinks it's funny. Hopefully by now, you too have reached the it's funny stage : )

That reminds me of the scen from "Christmas Story" where all the dogs run in and grab the turkey.

Grace is right about 50 pounds. She is all muscle too.

You need to teach Grace to do this.
[YOUTUBE]mAAoU_ZGt1Q&feature
[/YOUTUBE]

People who don't understand the meaning of the word 'deadline'.

I think you would find it hard to poll my ex-wives. They are all in serious depressive states after realizing what they lost. :angel:

Such a profound statement C-tech. You go down in my all time hall of fame as a "classic." Women beware.

People who don't understand the meaning of the word 'deadline'.

Even better is when you get to suffer the consequences of THEIR inaction.

Even better is when you get to suffer the consequences of THEIR inaction.

But presumably you're managing them, so it's your job to make sure that they meet the deadline. Fact is if someone working for you fails to meet a deadline, it's your responsibility, which is why you get to suffer the consequences of their inaction. An ugly fact of life granted, but that's the way it is. :bulgy-eyes:

As an aside to this, I hate it when people are like "well, we have to get this out to our client by the end of next month, so, er, can you get that to me by the end of today please?" Er, no. If you're setting deadlines, you have much more chance of people respecting them if they are a: fair and b: well-reasoned. For example, building in a couple of weeks for reworking stuff if it's needed is fine, but asking for stuff today only to let it sit on your desk for the next week without you looking for it is not. If you do that, people lose respect for your deadlines and they're much more likely to miss them.

These people do not work for me, they are my "internal supplier", if you will.

Apologies to those on the board that classify themselves as such ... but I hate people in Marketing.

My Jack Russell somehow someway managed to get a couple of frozen steaks off the counter where they were defrosting. They were far enough back that there is no way he should have or ever could have gotten them, but he did.

Dyna - What did he do with them since they were frozen?

Right. Rant time.

This evening is the first episode of the new season of House. I enjoy this show very much and this evening's episode was setting up to be a real corker. I set my DVR to record it so that I could watch it while skipping the commercials. So, I'm watching merrily and forwarding commercials and as I do I notice that the watched bit is catching up surprisingly quickly to the recorded bit. That is when I look at my DVR and spot that the little red light that indicates it is recording is no longer illuminated.

My TV made a lucky escape, because I was dangerously close to pitching my remote control through it. STUPID B****** F****** S****** C******* of a machine. Then I go check to see when they'll be repeating it. Not tonight, not tomorrow. In fact, on October 1st, which is after the next episode will air. I suppose I should be thankful that I still have the possibility of watching anything. There's an old Garfield cartoon where Garfield is woken up by his alarm clock. He looks at the "camera" and says "the worst thing about getting angry at an inanimate object is that there's no rational way of getting back at it". Then he smashes the alarm clock and he says "fortunately I'm irrational". This too was painfully close to fruition on this occasion. I'm still fantasizing about Office Space's destruction of the printer scene. GAH!!!!!!!!

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

[/rant]

These people do not work for me, they are my "internal supplier", if you will.

Apologies to those on the board that classify themselves as such ... but I hate people in Marketing.

I agree. Over rated, over paid and egos the size of Mount Everest.

You need to teach Grace to do this.
[YOUTUBE]mAAoU_ZGt1Q&feature
[/YOUTUBE]

I prefer that she doesn't learn that. I'm usually telling her to shut up after she lets out a couple of barks. My wife gets mad but it's irritating to hear a dog bark. Maybe it's because I hate when other people just let their dog bark. I prefer she barks when someone comes to the door. That way I know someone is there even though I know once the door opens she will be jumping on them instead of trying to rip their legs off. Well that is except for Spongebob. Poor Spongebob will never walk again.

And speaking of stolen food. Last night my wife and I went to the store and got some groceries. We picked up some bones/biscuits, what ever you want to call them, for Grace. My wife dumped them in this container we have sitting on the floor that we keep them in. She turned around and when she turned back Grace had her head in the container and was picking out her own bone. :laughing: I yelled at her but she didn't seem to care she was busy eating her bone.

Bogey - Basset Hounds have selected hearing. Grace doesn't care if you yell at her. I think helping herself to a treat is rather clever.

Bogey - Basset Hounds have selected hearing. Grace doesn't care if you yell at her. I think helping herself to a treat is rather clever.

Oh I know she does. I have to blame my wife for the stolen bone. Every now and then my wife will just lay Grace's bag of food on the floor and let her eat out of it. What the difference in doing that and leaving the container with bones in it open? It was pretty funny though. It was kind of like yelling at a kid for using foul language even though you are busting a gut laughing about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back