Adams Speedline 9064LS Driver

Merged with another thread.

Thanks JB. No wonder my search did not bring anything up.

I play it and love it. 8.5 alpha shaft stiff non adjustable. I could go on and on but will
Just say this, it's great, give it a few cuts, you won't be disappointed.

Took out the adjustable one and hit it well but the sound was horrible IMO (like a doink sound from a cartoon), guy in shop told me the glued version sounds much better, which did you get?

One thing i really liked is I have a habit of hitting it fat when i really try to go after one, but with this it seemed like I couldn't hit the ground if I wanted too, the aerodynamics really seem to work to catch the air and keep me from hitting fat... want to try it again with the glued version

I have the glued version and it sounds good. Not loud at all no clink sound it sounds solid when you hit it.

I have the glued version and it sounds good. Not loud at all no clink sound it sounds solid when you hit it.

I found the normal glued version to be fine too. Its just the adjustable one thats terrible. I think it was one of the worst sounding drivers EVER.

For guys that have hit the adjustable version, can you remember if you had the length adjusters in or if you had the adjusters in club that are designed to add length or if it was down at its minimum shaft length?

I just picked up the non-adjustable 9064LS 9.5 stiff, gamma shaft. I was trading some old clubs in and going to buy a new putter(which I did, Method 003) and my son wanted to hit balls at GolfSmith's indoor range while we were waiting.

I grabbed one of these on a whim since I have the Adams CB2 irons and also grabbed a TM SF 10.5(my current driver) to compare to.

WOW, was I shocked. It was consistantly 4-5mph higher on ball speed with my average at about 159. My max hit 165 which is super high for me. Normally about 155 with SF. That's great but the best part was the dispersion appeared to be much better on the monitor. I really think the shorter shaft allowed me to hit the center of the face much more consistantly. I have not hit the center of the face consistantly with the SF, so that was exciting.

I went to check out the price and it was $379 with a free $100 gift card at purchase and I had a coupon for $50 off a purchase over $250, so it was $229 net price. As a bonus, they let me buy my new putter on a seperate purchase so I got to use the $50 coupon twice. Score.

After I finished my purchase, I went to a range a mile from my house to see if the numbers were legit or not in the real world. I must say the combo of the 9.5 with the gamma(high launch) shaft worked great for me. The distance seems great in side by side with the SF 10.5 but the best thing is the dispersion was so much better. Awesome trajectory with nice tight cuts or draws. My miss with the SF was a big hook and the miss with the 9064LS was a small cut. MUCH more manageable. We'll see what we get on the course to be able to tell how actual distance pans out.

Super pumped for my skins game tomorrow!

Last edited:
What a deal! I hit this driver the other say and out of the three I hit it was by far the winner, plus it looks sick too. I am waiting for some of the other offerings to come out but it is going to take a lot to beat this club. Congrats again!

Looks much much better in person to me. In real life it is smaller and the huge ridge isn't an eyesore like it is to me in the picture.

9064ls

9064ls

Quick question as I don't know if it has been answered anywhere else on the forum. Is the shaft in the Adams 9064LS a "made for" RIP shaft, or the real deal? I haven't seen made for Adams, or anything but the regular RIP graphics on it anywhere, so I'm just wondering.

Merged with a larger thread on the same topic.

Hey folks! I'm driver shopping and there are a TON to choose from at $299. Needless to say, I've hit just about everything under the sun. At this point this I'm down to Ping K15, Mizuno JPX 800, and this Adams. Any more opinions on this...or the other two...would be most welcome. :)

i know i am a year late to this thread, but i just picked one of these up about a month ago from Edwin Watts that priced matched GG for $112.
i got the red eyes, alpha (i believe) in S, 9.5* and cant believe how well i am hitting the ball.

i was using a 9015D with stock matrix in 10.5* and would hit the ball just way too high and my ball ballooned and sliced and did anything but go straight.

yesterday shot my best round of the year, 80 and missed only one fairway. i am about 10 yards longer than the 9015 and most of that is loft change and shaft change, but i am much much much straighter. loving this thing so far.

i know i am a year late to this thread, but i just picked one of these up about a month ago from Edwin Watts that priced matched GG for $112.
i got the red eyes, alpha (i believe) in S, 9.5* and cant believe how well i am hitting the ball.

i was using a 9015D with stock matrix in 10.5* and would hit the ball just way too high and my ball ballooned and sliced and did anything but go straight.

yesterday shot my best round of the year, 80 and missed only one fairway. i am about 10 yards longer than the 9015 and most of that is loft change and shaft change, but i am much much much straighter. loving this thing so far.

I'm thinking of picking one up from GS. One can get this for $130 or so now. For a high ball hitter will 9.5 + alpha give ok trajectory or will it be too low, in that case I should go with Gamma ?

I grabbed mine (10.5* w/ Gamma stiff shaft) for $99 at Edwin Watts a few weeks ago. Loving it more and more each day. Awesome driver!

Adams Speedline 9064LS

Adams Speedline 9064LS

Before i jump in and buy this i was after the opinion of the thp'ers. Does anyone currently have this in their bag or have played it in the past?? I am looking at getting the gamma shaft model now that the price is good. Any thoughts??

I had one for a bit, happened to get a great deal on it at an Edwin Watts that was closing down. It was okay for me, but it was somewhat harsh sounding and feeling. Not outstanding distance, but it was a pretty straight driver, low spin as advertised. Looks very nice and sets up great at address too, very square, very traditional. I ended up trading it in on a Ping G15, which just worked better for me. Btw, I had the 10.5 degree w/ RIP Gamma in stiff.

Back