Favorite THP Event Round?

cpljohnst

Go Jackets! Go Sun Devils
Reaction score
Handicap
16.0 GHIN
Let's hear about your favorite round at a THP event. What made it special? The Course? The Foursome? How you shot? How someone else shot?

I've got two and I can't decide between them so I'll take the easy way out and write about both.

Atlanta Invitational 2013 - Just a solid day to begin with. Ward in a leprechaun suit. Meeting John Kim. A great foursome playing with Freddie, Youngbuck (now sonofOdin) and Miller Time as my partner. Had a blast playing in this group. Weather turned bad but we made the most of it. Was great watching Freddie give advice to YB and MT from time to time. I played great too, but that wasn't what I remember most about that foursome. It was just a great day out on the course.

The King 2014 - Sunday Singles. Old Gray and I are paired in a match, while Miller Time and Sposey#'s is in the other match. Competition was very tight in the overall contest and also in each of our matches. Yet we still had so much fun. Some great laughs at Sposey talking about his knowledge of Opossum anatomy. A round I'll remember for a long time. Some great golf shots all around with 3 of the best guys you'll find anywhere.

Favorite Event.....2014 Grandaddy....all of it.

Sunday singles at the 2012 Morgan Cup.

This was a 3-some with P4B and Howzat. Team Hackers was down heading until Sunday without much hope.....

Somehow I pretty much had the round of my life and was like 5 over through 16.....

Post round found out that Team Hackers had won the Morgan Cup and I felt my 2 points from that day went a good way to helping us raise the cup.

I played out of my mind with 2 of the best dudes I know...can't ask for anything more.

Sunday singles at the Grandaddy. Hawk, JRod, Harry and I. I learned a lot that round!

Playing in Vegas with J4U Mikedean and Howzat. My first ever THP event round.

2nd round of the 36 holes in 2014 Gauntlet. Was paired with EaglevsFalcon. We were unstoppable he made the good shots and I made the putts. It was an amazing match the other team would be up one or two holes,we would come back and tie it. Then roles reversed and then again. It was truly epic. Nate called a shot from the middle of the 18th fairway and called him shot. Told me I would drain the putt like all round. Boom he hits the exact shot he said left me a 25 footed up the hill the down with big break right to left. Guess what boom...... and I believe we evened the match to end with a bang. Hard to beat that. It will always be a fond memory for me.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I really don't know. There has been so many great rounds over the years.

Two stick out to me. #PersonalDistance with Erky, Squits and Jon Pergande from Wilson Staff. Talk about a cool experience. First consumers to have the D200 in play and playing with a guy who had a hand in the design. If you didn't know he worked for WS you never would have guessed it (except for all the prototype gear in his bag haha). Just a great guy to share a round with.

And of course sharing a round with my wife at LIITA is something I'll never forget

Playing in Vegas with J4U Mikedean and Howzat. My first ever THP event round.
Amazing freaking course too what a blast

The King 2014 - Sunday Singles. Old Gray and I are paired in a match, while Miller Time and Sposey#'s is in the other match. Competition was very tight in the overall contest and also in each of our matches. Yet we still had so much fun. Some great laughs at Sposey talking about his knowledge of Opossum anatomy. A round I'll remember for a long time. Some great golf shots all around with 3 of the best guys you'll find anywhere.

That was a fun day for sure! ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two for me. First THP event 2015 Bridgestone U Friday before event round, played with vthokies20, pudge and jim54

second is round with my wife at LITTA, alomg with David Winchell and Shelly, Tbaker34 and Danielle

#HandCraftedExperience round at Balboa GC in San Diego, CA. My teammate was Spivey. We played the front with Awkward Silence and SkiBumGolfer. The back, we played with Chump Fries and DB TT. Got to play a custom made shaft from Project X, played with amazing people, our team played well, I played well individually and the weather was perfect. In other words, best THP round ever!

My first official round in a THP event will always be very special. At the 2014 Btidgestone Championship at PGA National.

Mike_g and I were partners. We were paired with JB and Hawk in the first group off the tee. It was nerve wracking and so much fun at the same time.

I was so nervous being new to events and about how I'd play I didn't fully relax the entire round. I'd love to do it over and soak it all in this time.

While all 3 rounds at the 2014 Morgan Cup were special (especially Sunday), I have to go with Sunday singles of the 2015 king. Got to share a great round with Scotty G, Velardo, and BSI. Played the round of my life at an amazing course while having a ton of fun with better people, and played my way into the Grandaddy.

That was a great round Barry. And it reminds I need to get down south and see my Georgia brothers :)

Let's hear about your favorite round at a THP event. What made it special? The Course? The Foursome? How you shot? How someone else shot?

I've got two and I can't decide between them so I'll take the easy way out and write about both.

Atlanta Invitational 2013 - Just a solid day to begin with. Ward in a leprechaun suit. Meeting John Kim. A great foursome playing with Freddie, Youngbuck (now sonofOdin) and Miller Time as my partner. Had a blast playing in this group. Weather turned bad but we made the most of it. Was great watching Freddie give advice to YB and MT from time to time. I played great too, but that wasn't what I remember most about that foursome. It was just a great day out on the course.

It would be easy to say Sunday singles at the Legacy.

Shooting +1 thru 13 & getting a point for Team Heritage by winning my match 7&5 was sweet, but I think the Wed. practice round with Gregg/Jeremy/Ron & Coach 441 may have even topped that. We bonded like brothers in no time & I knew we were going to kick some ass & bring home the hardware.

It would be easy to say Sunday singles at the Legacy.

Shooting +1 thru 13 & getting a point for Team Heritage by winning my match 7&5 was sweet, but I think the Wed. practice round with Gregg/Jeremy/Ron & Coach 441 may have even topped that. We bonded like brothers in no time & I knew we were going to kick some ass & bring home the hardware.
That was a great round. As Mike would say don't miss long, short or left or right.

Guess I didnt something right that week

Only been to one official event and it was a doozy. The Grandaddy competition was exceptional both days, so many laughs and memories from that epic golf course. My singles match against Chad was so competitive and fun, it also didn't hurt coming out with the W. The belt would have made it perfect but there are no regrets. Nearly a year later and the Grandaddy still resonates as a huge part of my life.

I've also had some great rounds at unofficial gatherings. Just two weeks ago the NorCal vs SoCal gathering was a blast. On the last day Schanker and I battled all day and he jarred a chip in on the 18th to secure the halve. We each had a good friend paired with us and it was simply a great day!

The first round of the 2014 Bridgestone Championship at PGA National. I played pretty well that day, the only time that's happened at a THP event.

I really don't know. There has been so many great rounds over the years.
'

Such a weak answer but I am in the same boat. Too hard to pick just one.

I guess if I had to pick one it would be my 1st @ PGA National. The demo days was enjoyable plus to get to hit SO many clubs. Also to get to play the "BearTrap" holes. And it didn't hurt to sink a 100ft. putt & win a putter

Saturday at this years Gauntlet with Mward, PhillyV, and Nick_Pingel. Just such a fantastic back and forth match with great golf played by all.

Saturday at this years Gauntlet with Mward, PhillyV, and Nick_Pingel. Just such a fantastic back and forth match with great golf played by all.
I absolutely agree with you cbake!! What an awesome round with a lot of laughs!

Back