Bag Boy Quad Push Cart Review

I bought one of these a little bit ago. It showed up last week. I am really impressed by how cart you get. It really is a nice compact cart. It's really stable and leaves nothing to be desired.

I have been using the bag boy quad for the last few months and am really happy with it. I bought a smaller hatchback car and really couldn't fit the speed cart that I had in there and it was a hassle.

I went to Golf Galaxy and looked at just about every brand they had, and I folded them all down to find the smallest one. I was hoping to have a cart that would fit in my trunk area, and after looking at them all all broken down, the Quad was the only one that looked like it would. The SM micro cart was close, but the quad actually looked a little smaller. The quad was also a lot simpler to set up, really requiring only fastener to be locked down after full expansion.

The tray on it could be better. I'm not exactly sure what is supposed to go in there. My phone won't fit, but a granola bar, a marker, the hex tool, and maybe some tees could ride in there without a problem. It's deep enough for an iphone, but not long enough. As usual, there is a pencil/scorecard holder that works really well.There is a large zippered pouch under the handle that will hold a ton of stuff and the phone, balls, head covers, and whatever else extra I have rides in there. It may be large enough to roll up a sweatshirt and store. Under the handle are a couple of plastic holes that I use to fasten a towel, my range finder, and a brush on, for easy access while walking. The handle is also easy to adjust for best pushing angle with one simple fastener (the one I mentioned above). There are a couple of bungee cords below the tray that you could fasten something down, like a head cover, if you need to. No basket/net like on other carts. There is a drink holder on the right side of the tray, that pops on and off. My large insulated water bottle fits in it. Its a big water bottle to it's hard to slide in and out of the holder with one hand, so I just pop off the drink holder which can be done easily with just one hand.

Your bag sits in the bottom, no strapping it down. The only strap is up top. This is good and bad, as the bottom of my bag will shift slightly and rub on the wheels. Constant adjustment of the bag was bothersome, and I didn't want my bag to wear, rubbing on the wheels. There is an option to spread the wheels farther apart, using the hex tool. You get about another inch on each side. I did this and it worked great on the course. The bad part was it no longer fit neatly in my trunk. So to store it in there i have to quickly unscrew, slide the wheels in, then tighten the screws back up. Not awful, maybe takes 2 minutes, so if it's not packed up in the trunk I just leave them open and drop the back seat down, and remove it from my car when I get home.

The top part of the cart has a simple strap with velco fastener and adjustable rubber stoppers that cradle it in. This works really well and it's always snug. The bag sits really upright, and this makes getting clubs in and out really easy. I have a big stand bag, a SM hybrid, and it sits nicely in the cart even with the stand bag deployment system.

The cart rolls extremely well and it's really stable. I love having the plastic/rubber wheels and not having to blow them up anymore. That was a big pain in the butt. The cart seems pretty light too, lighten than my previous cart. The biggest thing is that I don't get as tired when I push this one. It doesn't seem to be as difficult as the last. Break is on the left hand of the handle and is easy to flip back and forth. The brake will hold a steep hill with no problem.

Breaking it down is a 2 step process. You pull on a release on the body of the cart and release the fastener I mentioned above, and just push it down. Very simple and fast.

Overall, this cart is really solid. Better than the old speed cart that I had. Much easier to push and set up. The handle area/ tray is seriously lacking but the pouch underneath does make up for a lack of storage. With the upgrade, the walk / push is a bit easier. If you have a minimal amount of storage space, give this one a try.

Great review! I own a bag boy 2.0 3 wheel cart and I love it. its incredibly sturdy and very well built so I expect nothing less from them! look forward to see how you like it in the future!

Thanks, I'm a really big fan. I would like more of a tray, but not a deal breaker.

That's a great little write-up, Frank. I like that this one has so many color options too. It's a nice looking cart.

That's a great little write-up, Frank. I like that this one has so many color options too. It's a nice looking cart.

Thanks Hawkster. I've been pushing this guy around for a few months now and wanted to give my reports. Definitely, Frank Approved!

Anything break on it yet? That was one issue I had with the Sun Mountain cart. Things broke way too fast for something that costs $200.

Anything break on it yet? That was one issue I had with the Sun Mountain cart. Things broke way too fast for something that costs $200.

No, still perfect. The SM micro cart construction was a bit suspect on my in store evaluation.

Back