Jeans.A threat to golf?Disrespectfull of the game?

Jeans.A threat to golf?Disrespectfull of the game?

• yes

Votes: 54 28.9%
  • no

Votes: 133 71.1%

• Total voters
I wore jeans and an untucked shirt yesterday, Dan has now unfriended me I think.

I prefer not to wear jeans, but when it's allowed by the course and I have a chance to get out on a surprise whim you'd better get your ass I'll wear them if it means more time to work on my reviews and game. My life as a parent now is getting out whenever and however I can manage it, customs be damned.

I wore jeans and an untucked shirt yesterday, Dan has now unfriended me I think.

I prefer not to wear jeans, but when it's allowed by the course and I have a chance to get out on a surprise whim you'd better get your ass I'll wear them if it means more time to work on my reviews and game. My life as a parent now is getting out whenever and however I can manage it, customs be damned.

Ahem!!! "I am glad there are courses that are relaxed in their dress code. Glad people who like to dress in that nature have a place to play. I just won't play there."

Happy you're happy, my brother!!

I have no problem with courses that have relaxed attire... there is a big gap between jeans and guys taking the shirt off while going shoeless and wearing cut offs...

That said... I will totally rock gym shorts to the range and practice holes

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ahem!!! "I am glad there are courses that are relaxed in their dress code. Glad people who like to dress in that nature have a place to play. I just won't play there."

Happy you're happy, my brother!!

Lies. Pure lies.

Tight jeans for tight lies? Do you wear cowboy boots as well?

I can if you want me to. I think we would break the forum with a picture of that though, and I'm pretty sure I'd miss the ball.

**cue someone putting a pic of those stupid ass Justin cowboy boot golf shoes up**

My life as a parent now is getting out whenever and however I can manage it, customs be damned.

If that isn't the truth! Parenting while maintaining time for golf is a huge challenge.

I remember taking my son to the range when he was less than a year old and parking his stroller behind where I was hitting balls. I also remember coaching soccer for a few years starting when my son was 8 and having to take my two daughters, ages 6 and 6 months, to hang out on the sidelines while I coached. Nothing like having a 6 year old act as a babysitter. Some of the moms thought I was crazy but now that my girls are 10 and almost 16, all that responsibility I dumped on them at an early age is paying off. They both can cook and do laundry and they always have there homework done ahead of time!

I am for it ... they are certainly warmer for me that my slacks, and I only wear long pants when its cold ...

To be total honest, on cold days I will wear warmups with "wind pants" over them to keep me warm. I just keep the wind pants on.

Can't get upset over jeans ... just too many other things to worry about these days ...

I can if you want me to. I think we would break the forum with a picture of that though, and I'm pretty sure I'd miss the ball.

**cue someone putting a pic of those stupid ass Justin cowboy boot golf shoes up**

I think Michelle Wie was wearing pink/red cowboy boots this week. Or something about that size. Looked ridiculous.

I prefer shorts to anything on the course, but will abide by the course rules.
Do I wear jeans? Occasionally, but only if it's real cold and only if the course allows.
Do I care what other people are wearing? Nope, I'm not there to judge other people's clothing.

Jeans are not a threat to the game, nor are they disrespectful if the course allows them.

I am for it ... they are certainly warmer for me that my slacks, and I only wear long pants when its cold ...

To be total honest, on cold days I will wear warmups with "wind pants" over them to keep me warm. I just keep the wind pants on.

Can't get upset over jeans ... just too many other things to worry about these days ...

You have cold days in AZ?

I used to play in the winter in them at both courses I am a member of, but now I only have a couple of pair to work around the house in and just don't wear them to play golf. When I play at Lake Jonesco in the winter I am sometimes the only person on the course in something besides jeans. lol

This thread is too funny. Having spent most of my life in the construction industry, if you get a chance to run off and play golf after work, you certainly don't worry about having the proper attire. An extra pair of shorts in the truck is a good idea in the summer though.

It was 45 degrees when we teed off yesterday...all 3 of us wearing jeans:(

I do believe in honoring whatever dress code may be in force at whatever club you may be playing however.

Back