Miyazaki C. Kua 39 S

BigK29

Reaction score
Handicap
A lot
Got this in this week and got a grip and tip on it tonight. I should be able to get out Sunday, but in the meantime, wanted to take some shots. Excuse the lighting.

Pictures don't do it justice. Looks absolutely stunning, and hopefully plays stunning!

Love the blue and gold motif! Good swinging when you get it out there!

My first 'premium' shaft.....enjoy!

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

That is a great shaft, I really do like it. Good luck.

What head are you putting in? Sharp setup and I'm interested to hear how you like it.

What head are you putting in? Sharp setup and I'm interested to hear how you like it.

I have this shaft in my four Mashies and new CG Black Driver. I love Miyazaki!

I love me some Miya

Going into an r9 supertri. I'll update my thoughts when I get a chance to swing it. It does look hot tho!

Just got a 39R and tried it in my R11 today. Like it so far, just need to do a lot more work with it to get comfortable with it. Had some question about the heavier R11 head and whether I should have located a 59R shaft. Will work with it some and then decide whether to try the 59.

Just got a 39R and tried it in my R11 today. Like it so far, just need to do a lot more work with it to get comfortable with it. Had some question about the heavier R11 head and whether I should have located a 59R shaft. Will work with it some and then decide whether to try the 59.

Interesting. How was your ball flight with the 39 R and the R11? R11 is a low spin/lower launch head if I remember correctly. R9 is a higher spin, higher launch head. For me, I thought the 39 S would help bring my swing speed up some and lower spin/launch. I wouldn't think of using it with the R11, since I hit high I'd use a higher launching shaft. Maybe the Kusala silver?

So far (27 holes) the R11 seems to launch somewhat lower with the Miyazaki than it does with either the factory Blur in reg or stiff.

Good stuff. I hope that's what you were looking for!

Quick update here:

Got out Sunday and it was gorgeous out there. The driver was noticeably lighter with this shaft, as expected. I was out at memorial park so hitting off of mats and using the rubber tees. Result: still very, very high balls. The tees were either too low or too high, which probably played a role. Interestingly, I found that when I really went after it is when I got my best results. Easy controlled swing ended up with a very high ball trajectory, maybe a tad bit lower than the stock shaft in R, with a slight fade. Really getting after it brought down the ball flight and gave me a ton of roll out.

I snuck in 9 holes while I was out there and was very encouraged. Results were pretty consistent and better since I could tee it where I liked it. All in all, very encouraged. Looking forward to playing it more.

Got a 59R shaft yesterday afternoon and hit the course today. Definitely a much lower launch through the 9 holes I played with it and I went with a 2nd driver for the second 9 with a better launch (higher) and distance. I'll try the 39R again Saturday, but do think it fits me better.

May have a 59R, 44 inch,flex code 3552 with the R9,11, 11s -1* tip installed go up for sale in the near future (after a session on the range and another round on the course) . Will take both shafts to the range for a heads up comparison and then see which way to go, but I think the 39R will stay in the club.

Last edited:
i just got a miyazaki installed in my 910D2 driver and it broke in half on the range. my wife clipped it on her backswing (i am left-handed and she is right; we were standing back to back). i still don't understand how it happened, but i am pretty upset because the shaft cost me $250. Anybody have an idea on the Miyzaki warranty policy?

i just got a miyazaki installed in my 910D2 driver and it broke in half on the range. my wife clipped it on her backswing (i am left-handed and she is right; we were standing back to back). i still don't understand how it happened, but i am pretty upset because the shaft cost me $250. Anybody have an idea on the Miyzaki warranty policy?
I'm not sure on their policy but this doesn't really sound like a warrenty issue to me. What shaft was it?

Man that stinks dude. Hopefully they cover that

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

miya shaft

miya shaft

I'm not sure on their policy but this doesn't really sound like a warrenty issue to me. What shaft was it?

it was a 72g x-flex kusala black. No previous experience with Miyazaki, my fitter just thought it was the best shaft for my swing.

Going into an r9 supertri. I'll update my thoughts when I get a chance to swing it. It does look hot tho!

How has this worked for you? I've been trying to make my Supertri as light as possible in an attempt to increase SS and was thinking of trying one of these in it. I'm undecided on the 39 or 43. Has anyone else tried this combo?

Back