Insanity home workout

ziggy.365

Reaction score
Handicap
I just started the insanity home workout today. It's a 60 day program thats all body weight exercises and mostly cardio and plyometrics based. I'm hoping to lose my tummy and get in good shape with this. I'll also be working out at the gym so hopefully I'll look good after these 60 days lol. Has anyone else done anything like this? What were your results?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used it when I was playing Hockey alot, and man let me tell you don't quit after the first week because its nuts! Works great!!

It was a good work out, I just got too lazy with college and the upper division courses and such, but It did work for me.

Now I just golf everyday and walk the course (yes I block out time for golf always) and I've lost 20 pounds since so this is better for me cause now I mix my fun and exercise together.

There's a thread somewhere about P90X and related, including this one. I'm still trying to get back into P90X after a slight shoulder injury.

It might kill you. It's a crazy workout, so if you stick with it you shouldn't have any trouble losing weight

Just remember.... Your diet i still very important...most people I know using insanity or crossfit follow some type of paleo eating plan...

You've just been tapatalked by Ford!

I have been watching what I've been eating lately. Trying to stick to the healthy foods. With me going to the gym and eating right lately it has been seeming to work and I hope insanity will push it that much further and make it better

I did P90X before my wedding 2 years ago and lost 40 lbs. Like an idiot, I didnt really watch what I ate like I should've because I was still seing results. Im thinking about ordering Insanity myself and doing the workout now that Im Vegan. I think my results would be awesome.

I have done the 60 day program twice. Once early last year and then recently. I lost just over 30 lbs both times. Now I am doing it as a way of maintaining (3 times a week). It is difficult for sure. Getting through 56 workouts in 63 days is remarkable and I was sore almost the entire time. I like the month 1 workouts much more than the 2nd month. Too much twisting and jumping in month 2. Dangerous stuff for knees and ankles. That being said... I really like the results and it gets you in great shape!

So just an update on my progress for anyone interested. In the beginning I started out at 160 lbs and after 3 weeks of the program I am now 154 lbs. this is a real confidence booster for me. I feel better, a lot of people have been saying I've gotten skinnier and I kinda see the results already. It's great. I recommend this program to anyone who wants to get into shape and is willing to do this everyday.

Have you notived yourself toning up as well or just losing weight?

Toning up as well but first I gotta lose my belly haha

are you too sore to play golf?

I have tried golfing directly after about an hour or so after and i am a little sore. Usually I'll do these workouts after golf or about 3-4 hours before golf so I have time to regain the energy that I lost. It is a very intense workout that will make u sweat and you need time to recover before going out for a round

I have p90x but I can't always find the time to do the 60-90 minutes it requires. Are all of the workouts for Insanity around 30-40 minutes?

I have p90x but I can't always find the time to do the 60-90 minutes it requires. Are all of the workouts for Insanity around 30-40 minutes?

yea they are all about 40 minutes which i like because i find it fits into my schedule quite nicely. it is also quite intense for the 40 minutes you are doing out which is really good

I've tried insanity. It more like 20-30 minutes of "working out" and the rest is stretching and what not. I guess if you really want, you can slip the stretches. But its hard, I'm usually counting down to the stretches as a break. haha

I've tried insanity. It more like 20-30 minutes of "working out" and the rest is stretching and what not. I guess if you really want, you can slip the stretches. But its hard, I'm usually counting down to the stretches as a break. haha

Yea they're pretty hard. Going nonstop for all the workouts is so hard. I can't do it. It's very intense and will work you hard

How are the results you've seen so far? I've been looking to lose some weight, but eating healthier and golfing isn't doing it for me. And, if you've had any experience with P90X, which would you recommend?

Did half of Insanity then got sick so I had to stop. Great workout though. REally gets you in peak cardio condition

Back