How Often Do You Take An "Other"?

I'm probably good for one every round, maybe a little less often than that. The blowup hole is what kills me.

I'm going to say 2-3 per round, but at the beginning of the season I was at 5-6 per round. So a lot less than I used to have to!

On average I would say 1 maybe 2 a round

I took a triple in my last round and a few doubles a few rounds back. Sometimes stupid golfer shows up and he isn't fun

I'll take at least 1 other a round. If it's less, that's a good round typically. More and I'm hurting to get around.

Seems to be more and more as of late. My game has been in a downward spiral for quite some time.

I usually have one every few rounds

Once every couple rounds or so. The main problem is too mainy Double Bogeys.
About the same with me. The bad part is that it usually happens on a par 5, which hurts even more.

I can spend 1-2 rounds without one, and I can take 6 on the same round, my game is liek a box of chocolate

Once a round for me as of lately. Sometimes I can go on a stretch without one for a few rounds. I find that they creep up most often for me when I'm playing a course outside of my normal rotation.

more than i would have thought. 33 this year, with 3 different rounds having 4 > double bogey. my longest streak this year without one is only 3 consecutive rounds. sounds like i need to improve my course management.

I take snowmen from time to time, that's the max I can take with ESC.

My last round with anything more than a double was our Club Championships back in September, and prior to that there have only been a few this year

My aim for next year is to keep the doubles off my card as much as possible as that will be a big key to dropping my handicap further

About 2 or 3 times a round. Limiting my big mistakes is a big part of my game going forward.

Fortunately they don't happen very often for me. If I had to guess, I'd say I have one once every 5 rounds. Just depends, because there are times when I have one or two in 5 consecutive rounds, and then there are times I can play 20-30 rounds without seeing one.

3 times yesterday :banghead:

It's becomming less and less for me, but still too many. I'd say 3-4 per round. My last round I think I only managed 2, and it was the last hole that was the more costly, could have broken 90 for the first time, but settled on a PB 91.

Every now and then but luckily rare this past summer. Usually for me to end up with worse than a double bogey, it would have to be a hole where I've taken a penalty (water or lost ball) and 3-putted or taken two penalties. Most of the time I can recover from one shank/scull/top/penalty, etc. on a given hole and get a bogey or double. I think my highest on a hole this summer was 10 on a par 5 with one lost ball and one ball in the water. So much of scoring is managing and recovering from mistakes but combine a few on the same hole and the scores is going to rise fast.

One to two times a round. Triple on a par 3 my last round.

I've had more triples or worse this year than most years but probably only 5 or 6 on the year with about 80 rounds played. Two of the triples came in the same round two holes apart.

Luckily, not very often, but when it happens, it gets written down.

Right now, just about every round. The bigger question is how many will I get per round. Sometimes 6 or more triples.

Not very often but it depends on the game my group is playing that day. Sometimes when I get really bad it doesn't matter what my score is because I can't help or hurt any worse than I already have. It speeds up play!!

According to US Handicap, for my career:

Birdies 1.2%
Pars 15.0%
Bogeys 39.4%
Doubes 27.1%
Others 17.4%

It's one of the things I need to focus on next year ... I can live with the double. It's the triple or worse that really demoralizes me and kills my score.

I take snowmen from time to time, that's the max I can take with ESC.
ESC is only used for handicap purposes. When keeping score, what you shoot on a hole is what you shoot on a hole. Whether it be an ace or a dirty dozen.

Back